Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

22 View Avenue, (formerly ANA Hotel Gold Coast), Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, 4217, Australia

Outrigger Surfers Paradise
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Hide your valuables! Hair straightener stolen

I would hide my valuables if I stayed here. My hair straightener was taken from my room - when I told staff they treated me like I was a thief trying to make money from them. Very disappointed - It was a brand new $300 straightener and the cleaners obviously found this too hard to resist.

I spoke with several people in management and each one treated me like I was a lier - There's $300 that I'll never get back!

• thegirlfromnewy's Profile Photo

Grat View

We checked in to our room which was on the 19th floor facing the Indy car circuit. Had so problems with the room next door playing exetremely loud hevay metal. We went down to reception to see if they could help and happily offered us a new room and someone to come and help us move our luggage. Our new room was facing the pool. No other problems. Breakfast has a very extensive selection, there is also a cafe down stairs and room service (which we did not try). Hotel was one block from the beach and two blocks from shopping on Cavil Ave. Nice walk to Q1 and Hard Rock cafe! Parking is cheap ($6 a day next door above the shopping centre) Will definately stay again next time we visit the Gold Coast

Unique Quality: View, view, view.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Excellent location

The Holiday Inn Surfer's Paradise was formerly the ANA Hotel. It is in an excellent location, within walking distance of the beach, the tourist sights, shops and restaurants, in the bustling area of Gold Coast called Surfers Paradise. The hotel itself is currently undergoing a major refurbishment programme, and at the time of stay, the lobby and almost all but 4 of the floors had been completed. Unforntunately, I was put in one of the old rooms, but it was still more than adequate.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

For the luxury conscious

This is upmarket accommodation right in the heart of Surfers Paradise. I got lucky because it's where we held our sales conference, otherwise it's not the sort of place I can normally afford.
    Having said that I thouroughly enjoyed my time there. I was on the 11th floor, about halfway up the building, and the view was good with ocean glimpses and hinterland glimpses.
    If you're out on the balcony it's fairly noisy due to the fact you're in the middle of it all but, once you close the balcony door, the levels are acceptable.
    The food was of a high standard. The morning buffet enough to satisfy even the most demanding palate and the smorgasbord we had the first night we stayed there was great. The seafood selection was the broadest I can ever remember and I loved every bit of it (three times!).
    The minibar is well stocked but you'll expect to pay the usual outrageous prices of minibars everywhere.
    So, if you want to stay near the action and are not short of a dollar, this is one place you might consider.

Unique Quality: It's set just a couple of blocks from the heart of Surfers and just one short block from the beach. The pool is very spacious with nice banana lounges and some shade available.

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo

Luxury Plus..

My daughter recently stayed at the Ana Hotel, and said it was a fantastic place to stay. So if you are looking for a bit of luxury accommodation, you may like to consider this one.

Unique Quality: This Luxury hotel has it all.. but is a little pricey..

More about Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise

Great Gold Coast Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member 2traveltheworld

This was our first stay at the Holiday Inn, Surfers Paradise, after staying at many other hotels in the area. It is definitely one of the better value for money hotels.

Hotel has recently been renovated (according to their website), and the room felt very fresh and modern. In room facilities were great, and the bathroom was a rather unique design with a glass window built into the shower, which could be closed with a vertical blind, or left open (depending who you are sharing the room with!).

The bedding was great, a large king size with nice sheets, and the view from our room on the 19th floor couldn't have been better.

We stayed in the deluxe ocean view room which is on the higher floors - well worth it for the beautiful morning views.

The hotel also has a couple of tennis courts and we rented some tennis equipment for a very generous $10.

Overall, an excellent stay at this hotel and would definitely choose it again.

Friendly staff, great value for money!

by TripAdvisor Member snowyriver

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise for two nights and had a very enjoyable experience. All the staff - reception, concierge, restaurant and housekeeping were very friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived. The recently renovated room and public areas of the hotel were modern and extremely clean. The swimming pool and spa area was not as up to date, but was well maintained and served its purpose. And, anyway, the magnificent beach is only about 100 metres from the hotel. We had one dinner and two breakfasts at the Sirocco restaurant and found it very good value for money, especially with the Kids Eat Free plan and the discount coupon given at check in. The buffet offered a good range at both dinner and breakfast and the quality and price compared very favourably with other hotels we stayed at during our trip (for example, the Sofitel Brisbane and Sea World Resort). I would try to get a south facing room on a higher floor for a better view (if that's important to you). My only criticisms would be that the key cards for the rooms and elevators were unreliable (as they always seems to be wherever you go) and required a visit to reception to "reboot" and the doors and drawers in the room, though looking quite slick, were prone to slamming due to their design and somewhat cheap construction. Overall, though I would highly recommend this hotel.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BubaG

My fiance and I and some friends stayed here for a long weekend in the beginning of September. The hotel has a great location right near shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel has been refurbished recently and the rooms are very modern and nice. Good showers and comfy beds. This hotel is really good value for money. We paid a bit extra for the rooms on higher floors and had a great balcony with an awesome view of the ocean. This hotel is really a good find!

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member carina1983

Holiday Inn is furnished really nicely - their lobby is quite chic and it has a nice welcoming atmosphere. They offer free parking, the view from the room was great because we could see Surfer's Paradise on one side, and the beach on the other. The room was clean nad furnished nicely, and the bed was comfy. Their breakfasts are fantastic here - very good and very plentiful. Location is great, its pretty much right in the centre of Surfers and is only a quick stroll to the beach. The price is very affordable (especially as you are right in the heart of Surfers) and i would recommend it to all.

Would not stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member AKD

We stayed at the Holiday Inn from Sept 18-23, 2007.
My husband is a platinum priority club member so we were given an upgrade to a higher floor. The room had a great view but that was about all it had going for it. The room was very small! The shower had a window looking out into the room - you could close the blind but it didn't fully block out the view. Not great if you are traveling with children and want complete privacy when showering!
The beds were very uncomfortable - woke up with a back ache every morning
The lobby was very modern but very sterile looking. Not what one would expect for a beach hotel
The only positive was that it was a short walk to the beach and the shops
After we left this hotel, we stayed at the Marriott Surfer's paradise for 5 days - a true resort feel, nicer rooms and friendlier staff. If you can afford it, would recommend this resort hands down over the Holiday Inn
Overall, if you are looking for simple accomodations, not large rooms and a short walk to the beach, I would recommend the Holiday Inn. Otherwise, try the Marriott or one of the many other resorts near by

Comments