- Reviews: 133
Backpackers In Paradise: Don't ever stay at here, TERRIBLE!!
Bad bad bad. We stayed at here for 3 nights in private double room, and bad things happened everynight.
- we found our shoes were forgotten in outside after cleaning when we went back at night.
- we found our room is opened just like that when we went back at night (remember we were in private room not dormitory)
- all of our toiletries in bathroom are missing and after we talked to the manager, she didn't do anything at that moment and she told us that we have to wait for the result in the next morning due the cleaning service already went home. We asked for their responsibility in the next morning, but the manager only gave us her confused face and pay us back only 5 bucks! We are 2 person, and of course our toiletries cost us more than 5 bucks.
We are very disappointed for their services.
Despite of their bad services, the location is verrrry good.
just few minutes to Surfers Paradise by walking.
- Reviews: 405
D'arcy Arms: Great Motel for a Better Price
My wife and I loved this place!!!!!!!!! For a motel its excellent. Of all the places we stayed in on our Australian trip this one was THE BEST. It was cheaper than the other places but, more comfortable and it had the best service.
The owner of the establishment is an Irish immigrant, Fiona O'Hagan, and she still has the brogue. Sure, I may have gotten some kind of special treatment (I'm Irish America ... last name O'Neill), but regardless of that she was exceptionally kind and considerate. Well, what do I mean...
My wife and I had arranged to stay at D'arcy Arms for 2 nights. But, at the last momment we had to cancel our plans and only stay there for 1 night because we were still on Fraser Island. We did cancel that night by phone and rearranged to only stay overnight one night there.
After we got there, even though she had every right not to charge us for the night before, she didn't. She told us she didn't have to because another customer came in and asked for a room the night before and so she gave them the room that we had cancelled on.
She made us feel so welcomed. It was like being with family. She put a smile on our faces. Thanks Fiona.
They also have a swimming pool and hot tub.
D'arcy Arms has a great restaurant too. See my restaurants page on that.
- Reviews: 124
Australis Soveriegn Resort: Everything you need at a good price
Hotel rooms and 1-2 bedroom apartments, spacious with good fittings and furnishings. Great pool area with bar service. Spa and Sauna are good buy gym is very poor.
Breakfast was great, we did not eat there for other meals but the menu looked good and prices reasonable.
Good views from some rooms, be sure to ask for beach view.
The free pool towels were a hit with us... no dragging wet towels back to your room.
24 hour room service :-)
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- Manor West Hotel Spa & Leisure
- 463 Beacon Street Guest House
- Mallika Hotel
- Laguna Mar
- Pension 15
- Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
- Hotel Ibis Christchurch
- Park Plaza Cardiff
- Hyde Park Inn
- Sunwing Resort & Spa Side Beach
- Wingate Inn Orlando Convention Center
- Rawi Warin Resort & Spa Bangkok
- Tucan Hotel
- Antica Locanda Sturion