Mount Tamborine Seaview Treehouses

65 Guanaba Road, Mount Tamborine, 4272, Australia

Satisfaction Average

More about Gold Coast

Black Headed PythonBlack Headed Python

Inside looking out!Inside looking out!

The Point Danger light towerThe Point Danger light tower

water slideswater slides

8 day Australia trip

by chico_ooi

Hi everyone, I will be heading to Australia in March 2009. So I have a ton of questions because everything is still a blurr to me now. My travel itenary so far is touch down in Gold Coast probably spend 3-4 days on sightseeing, shopping and visiting the theme parks. Then head to Sydney for 3-4 days to do the same, then back to Gold Coast for my flight back to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

1) what would the weather roughly be like in March 2009? in case I need to pack warmer clothings.

2)Alternately, would it be better to take a connecting flight directly to Sydney once I arrive at Gold Coast airport so that I can save on some airport transfer. Any idea how much does the taxu cost from Gold Coast airport to surfer paradise hotels?

Thanks in advance!!

by aussirose

Hi Chico and welcome to vt. Hope you stay around and share your holiday memories with all of us. March is a lovely month to visit Australia. The weather will be hot sunny days and probably around 30C. Don't forget your 30+ Sunscreen. I'm not sure of the cost now of a Taxi becuase the accommodation I usually recommend is close to the airport and a nice bus ride from Surfers. -
www.pelican-sands.com
Sounds like a good itinery! Have fun downunder!! :o) Cheers, Ann.

by amandajayne81

March will still be quite warm so pack clothes that you won't be too hot in. Mind you there might (you never know) be a coolish day so have a light jacket just in case. An airport transfer from the Gold Coast Airport to Surfers Paradise wouldn't be cheap - it is quite a way in a car. I hope you have a great trip.

by betska

There is a special bus at the airport that does airport transfers direct to the doorstep of your hotel, Called the Gold Coast Shuttle. I'm thinking it was around $15 per person. That was 5 years ago, could be more now. Have a look at www.gcshuttle.com.au
It is some distance from the airport to Surfer's - around 25 klms. The shuttle will take around 30 mins.
You shouldn't need too much in the clothing department as there are plenty of clothing shops in the area. Maybe a light jacket for night-time just in case!
Please let us know how you enjoy your holiday!

by Kazzykins

Hi Chico
We spent a week in the Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise) last Septemberm following a week in Sydney. Would highly recommend you hire a car when you get to the Gold Coast (or from the airport), we just turned out of the hotel most mornings and just drove to see what we could find, it was great, and in the long run cheaper than relying on taxis. I don't think I would have enjoyed my stay in Surfers if we had not had transport. Also, if you like a good night out would highly recommend Dracula's cabaret but might not be for everyones' taste. Didn't bother with any theme parks, why go to a theme park when you can visit one at home, enjoy the Australian sights instead. Enjoy your trip, we can't wait to go back. Kaz

by aussirose

Hi Karen. Draculas is fun isn't it :o)

Re: 8 day Australia trip - Dracula's

by Kazzykins

OMG we had such a good night. Wasn't too sure if my 14yr old son would like it and thought he might be embarrassed but he even agreed it was fantastic, good food, plenty of laughs, good entertainment all round - bit expensive but worth every penny, should have one here in the UK!

by aussirose

I love the theater restaurants Karen. We went to Dirty Dicks in Sydney (don't know if it's still there) and had the best night. Draculas is by far the best! It's a shame we don't have any in Perth :o(

Travel Tips for Gold Coast

Most people come to the Gold...

by mocca

Most people come to the Gold Coast for the beaches and the parties, and yes they aare great but there is much more to enjoy, with national parks, Brisbane close with it's queensland museum. Deep see fishing and much more. You can enjoy the Gold Coast and just lay a few days on the beach an the rest you will be having fun with many activities, and many of them will be sports related.

Hire a BBQ Boat

by goldcoaster

A very relaxing and different way to see the Gold Coast is to hire a BBQ pontoon for a day and cruise the waterways.

It is not very expensive as long as there are a few of you. It is about $150 a day. Take all your food with you, some steaks, snags, chicken kebabs and a few bread rolls and you are set for a day on the water.

You can cruise the canals and look at the houses that sell for $3m or head out into the broadwater and take a look at the more natural side of the Coast. You can do some fishing as well.

You don't need a boat licence as they give you all the instruction you need. There are a few places that do this but all are close to Surfers Paradise and Main Beach.

A great place to party!!!

by aussirose

The Gold Coast is the place to party. Surfers Paradise is a tourist mecca with lots happening all the time. Coolangatta comes alive too. The theatre restaurants are good for a laugh as well. There's one at Broadbeach called Draculas. Food and show are included in the price and it's near the Casino as well.

Yum Cha and Sushi at the same time!

by goldcoaster about Sushi 4 You

In the style of your usual sushi train, this small local eatery does both sushi and Hong Kong style yum cha (dim sum). There are Japanese and Chinese chefs so the food is not compromised. I'm a big sushi fan while my wife is more yum cha oriented. Her absolute fav is the pork and coriander dumplings while I'm a bit partial to the BBQ pork pastries!

DreamWorld

by kelyeah

DreamWorld is a great place for young and old.
When I first walked in I watched some of the rides and thought there was no way I was going to get on them but by the end of the day I had been on all of them!
The best time to visit the park is during school terms as there is a good amount of people there for atmosphere but the lines for rides are nice and short! Which is a bonus when you could be waiting hours just to get on a ride.
There is a section at DreamWrold called Tiger Island where their are about 3 tigers and the keepers come out twice a day to do presentations. I would recommend you go see the presentation as it's really interesting. Just make sure you get there about 15 minutes before it starts because there is a pretty big crowd.
Also at the park is a wildlife section where you can see a few Australian animals including crocs, snakes and dingos.
With plenty of places to eat and a gift shop it's a great place to spend the day.

Comments