Surfers International Apartments

Surfers International
Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Great stay

We had a fantastic stay at surfers international, great room, great view, staff very helpful, rooms neat tidy and clean, room to sit outside or inside with the doors open, pool fantastic size, short walk to cavil ave
    Overall fantastic

Unique Quality: Pool is very large which is great, privacy and security not a problem and staff easy to get along with
    Great stay

Directions: Gold coast

More about Surfers International Apartments

Lorikeet feeding areaLorikeet feeding area

riding again!riding again!

The Bar areaThe Bar area

Daffy in his car...that's all folks..woohoowoohoo!Daffy in his car...that's all folks..woohoowoohoo!

Help on Apartment at Surfers Paradise

by ILuvManUtd

Hi

I will be visiting Surfers Paradise this coming May. There are 4 of us and we are looking for 2 bedroom apartment at Surfers Paradise. We would very much like to have the ocean view from our apartment. Can anyone suggest apartments that have ocean view for our consideration.

Any help would be much appreciated.

by thedouglas

Check out Surfers International - recommended to another VT'er recently, and he was happy. Its central Surfers, and has awesome views. Fully self contained, not lavish, but very nice.

by Mikebb

Hi Try web page www.needtoescape.com I used them a few times whilst in Queensland and eastern states last Sept. When requesting the accommodation they have a section where you state your essential requirements, in your case put "Ocean View essential". In Surfers we stayed in Legdens Hotel, had a suite for the 2 of us with beautiful views from 8th floor $140 per night, had a kitchen.Photos on my Surfers Paradise page.
Good Luck, Mike

Hi Hotel should read Legends Hotel

gold coast accommodation

by sheika05

we are looking @ acc in feb for 8 nights but want to be very close to cavil ave and have air con can someone please give us some suggestions and prices

by Mikebb

Hi We stayed at Legends Hotel last Sept, had a 1 bedroom unit with views of beach, small kitchen etc , pool , close to Cavill Street and right in the heart of Surfers. We have stayed in Surfers previously, full details on my Surfers Paradise pages.
Good Luck,
Mike

by thedouglas

Check out Surfers International - daughter stayed there for schoolies a few years ago. Right on Cavill.

by tupperwarechick

try: - http://www.surfersdelrey.com/

They are only 400m from the centre of surfers. I've stayed here once before and are staying here again in a weeks time. Two thumbs up for this place. Plus very helpful and quick to reply when I emailed them questions. They also arranged for an early check in time for me at no extra cost. Excellent people. I highly recommend them. :)

by tupperwarechick

The Surfers Del Ray is $110 per night for a one bedroom apartment, also has full kitchen, washing machine and dryer. They have deals where you pay for 7 nights and get 2 free.

desperatly seeking accomadations

by vansomer

Hi, I am coming to the Gold Coast from Canada with my family and am looking for a holiday rental in Surfers Paradise, I am looking for a place big enough for 6 people, for a week, and would like to spend under 2000.00, could even be a house, does anyone have any ideas???? The time I am looking for is December 28th to January 4th.

Re: desperatly seeking accomadations

by iandsmith

Ouch, peak time for accommodation then - right in the middle of the second busiest time of the year up there. You can always get accommodation though, even in peak times as they only need 1% cancellations and that means hundreds of beds.
I don't know any particular site as I just stay at my son's place!
There will be something but you might have to split up into two groups so I would also canvas that option.
Cheers.

Re: desperatly seeking accomadations

by cec777

just be careful who you rent it with, i rented a place throught a real estate called surfers international had nothing but stress. do not trust this real estate.later i found out that they are known in the local area as scam real estate!!!

you can rent many places for that place, a clean motel or holiday rental. just phone around.

Travel Tips for Gold Coast

For Shopping - Pacific Fair at...

by timtrina

For Shopping - Pacific Fair at Broadbeach! What nearly every visitor to the Gold Coast doesn't know, is that there is a Tourist Lounge situated on the top floor of the 'Toys 'R'Us' store - next to the entrance. Simply go into there, fill out a form (just stating where you're visiting from), and you'll receive a bag full of discount vouchers and freebies. You can visit: http://www.pacificfair.com.au/
for more information

Cabarita Beach

by iandsmith

Rather than park in the town, we accessed the beach through Cudgen Nature Reserve which is just north of the town but right in the middle of the beach.
Cudgen Lake is part of this reserve and is an excellent place for a paddle (as in canoeing) and Round Mountain is another natural feature of this 671 ha reserve.
Cudgen Mountain provides excellent views across the lake, the ocean and the hinterland.
The aboriginies had a stone quarry at the edge of the lake and the area remains of significance to the local Kooris.
Mount Warning, the first place in Australia to receive the sun each day, can be seen from the eastern shore of the lake on a clear day.
The reserve is also purported to have a significant koala population.
We enjoyed the bonus of some not-so-native flowers at the carpark (pics 1&5) before strolling out onto the sand and immediately being confronted by the leftovers of a successful fishing expedition, i.e. 11 filleted fish awash at the surf's edge.
After that we headed south and I couldn't help but notice that the pandanus palms had done well here, scattered around the cliff faces as is their wont (pic 2).
At the south end of the beach you rise up to the main road (pic 3)that goes through Cabarita and you can either go out on the headland, move on to the next beach or return.
After we did the headland (see next tip) we returned on a lower trajectory which meant we had to rock hop (pic 4) in a couple of places before getting back on that glorious sand.

Europcar

by robertgaz

There are a number of reliable car rental companies to choose from on the Gold Coast including all the major ones at the airport.

Europcar offer discounts to Virgin Blue passengers so we managed to get a good deal from them.

The 8 person Tarago cost about $1,600 for 2 weeks and the 5 person Mitsubishi wagon cost around $1,200 for 2 weeks which included insurances.

We covered a lot of miles over the fortnight on the Gold Coast so renting a car for that period was a very wise choice.

There are plenty of taxis here and public transport is also available but moving 10 people around to the various attractions would make that a challenge for us each time.

Big meals, big value

by robertgaz about Ashmore Rd. Seafood & Steak

The first thing that hits your olfacory as you approach the entrance are the delectable aromas of sizzling steaks.

And as you walk in you will see a display counter which shows you all the different cuts of meat and various seafoods available and also the size of each serve including the salads. So you can pretty much make up your mind before being seated.

Once at your table you can then order drinks at the bar. They have an enormous collection of some 25,000 wine bottles so once decide which tipple's for you you can pay for it at the bar, grab some glasses and go to your table to order your meal.

The meal starts with toasted garlic focaccia bread which is free flowing all night and already included in the price of your meal. All tables are provided with menu sheets on which you place your name, table number and tick the meals that you want.

I like this system of ordering meals because it makes paying the bill easy when dining with a large group of people. For example, I placed my name and table number on the menu sheet with all the meals for my family ticked on one sheet and that is all I was billed for at the end. No bill splitting or disagreements over who ate what and how much.

All in all the service here was first class and the food was simply delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the Gold Coast.

Because the meals are enormous and the garlic bread keeps coming all night, the chances are you won't be able to finish your meal. Just ask the waitress for a "doggy bag" which comes as a styrofoam container into which you can place your unfinished food for later on. As is my wont, I ordered a blue steak, Moreton Bay bugs with chips and vegetables. The steak had a bacon crust and must have been close to 500g and was mouthwateringly delicious and the "bugs" (which are much like small lobsters) were tender and sweet.

I'm happy to add that I had no need for a "doggy bag" because I finished all my steak, bugs, chips, vegies, focaccia breads and a bottle of red.

It was very hedonistic of me but I really enjoyed the night... burp.

Mt. Tamborine

by iandsmith

This is your classic arty/crafty Aussie hinterland around an hour from the ocean. There's a lot of it on the east coast and Mt. Tamborine tries as hard as any area.
With a horde of tourists nearby all year round it takes little to attract a percentage of them up on this delightful plateau.
We ascended the steep Henri Robert Drive which you can access via Nerang. It's one of four roads (all steep) that take you to the top and the photo here is of a very colourful place just over halfway up.
It's one of many scattered galleries and cafes over the plateau and features clothing and art works of a very eclectic nature.

Comments