Corner Ferny & Cavill Avenue, 4217, Australia
Travelocity Hotels.com

More about Tiki Village International Gold Coast

Travelling around GOLD COAST

by kiatsiew

I will be in Gold Coast for a 7 day trip in the middle of May 2010 together with my husband. Can I know what is the weather like?. Throughout the 7 days i will be staying at TIKI VILLAGE GOLD COAST which i presumed to be a prime location for all the tourist attraction spots in Gold Coast. However, i would love to know what is the most economical way to travel around Gold Coast visiting those tourist attraction places. I heard from a friend that travelling by public bus is quite convenient and affordable. I hope there is someone kind out there that will let me know what is the name of the bus shuttle or other affordable public transportation.

by LynetteM

We had a holiday there 18months ago and purchased a freedom pass which allowed us to travel on all the public transport. We purchased the ticket at the airport after we had landed. It was very easy to get around and we were travelling with a 18month old.

by balhannah

Public transport is by surfside buses, they will take you to the theme parks too. check the website http://www.surfside.com.au
or I have information on my Gold coast pages on transport and things to do, just click on my name above the photo, then gold coast under travel pages.

by MissBianca

Tiki Village is very central as it is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise. It is close to the majority of 'tourist' attractions, however there are some outside this area such as Movie World, Dream World, Wet n Wild which can still all be reached by bus. As someone else mentioned Surfside is the public bus company that operates throughout the Gold Coast. I would also recommend checking with your accommodation to see if they provide any kind of shuttle service to the major attractions.

If you are a confident driver and want to experience more of the Gold Coast, I would highly recommend hiring a car (providing your accommodation can supply cheap or free parking).

As for the weather, it can get a little chilly in May (well for us queenslanders!). Weather can range between 15-25 degrees celcius depending on the day. The wind off the ocean can also cool things down significantly.

by miss_maya

hi,
is the sufside bus service the same as translink service?

I will b goin to GC end of this week with my hubby. We will be staying at santana resort. Im wondering is it easy to move around from the resort say bout going to cavill avenue to find halal food as i am muslim. Do i have to take a bus or is it just walking distance?

One more question, im planning to visit currumbin wildlife sanctuary.
What would u recommend the time to visit currumbin, day or night?

by balhannah

Yes, Translink and Surfside are the same.
I have only been in the day time, and really think this is the best time to go as you will see more animals.

Cedar Lake Resort Query

by iberis

Hi again,

I was on timeshare. Guess I booked late and got reply that the available resorts are all booked. Left with the only choice at Cedar Lake Resort, which I was told 30mins to Gold Coast.

Can anyone advice me what is there at Cedar Lake resort and how convenient it is to travel out. Esp to gold coast by bus? How is it possible and how long will it take?

Thanks :)

RE: Cedar Lake Resort Query

by Mikebb

Hi
We stayed at Cedar Lake time share in August '03, we left after 2 days as it is very isolated. The resort is fairly old in a country setting.It would be ideal for a family with kids up to 13 or 14 as there are plenty of grounds, a games room and pool, however not much else.

It is a fair distance away from Gold Coast,the previous week we stayed in the Gold Coast and had a car, I recall it took us approx an hour to get to Cedar Lakes, very isolated, possibly you might get there quicker when you know the way, but I would be wary. If i had to use a bus i would forget it.

We stayed at Tiki Village International timeshare on the Gold Coast, a good location and 5 minute walk to main strip and Surfers Paradise Beach. This resort is often available through RCI as a bonus week or rental(www.rciap.com phone 1300368800, you could also try Dial an Exchange (www.dialanexchange.com.au)

I would try for a rental, there are plenty on Gold Coast, try google search
Good luck

We will skip Cedar Lake.

7 days trip at Brisbane & Gold Coast

by w721107

hi...:)

My name is sophia. This is my first time go to Brisbane & Gold Coast on 28 Oct 05 to 4 Nov 05. I'm already book the apartment "Tiki Village International" at Nerang there, if i'm want to cook, where to buy the vege & meat?? Is china town around there?? or any super market near by the apartment?? or any nice restaurant around there too??

Any guys know about the YHA member have any discount on theme park or musem entry ticket?? Airtrain-SmartPass ticket is useful at Brisbane & Gold Coast?? Hope any guys can tell me about the info mention as above.

Please advice or comment for my trip as below:
1) 28 Oct reach the Brisbane airport, will take the airtrain to Nerang. I will buy the SmartPass for 7 days, is it a good idea?? will visit the night market at Surfer Paradise at night . (use the SmartPass ticket)
2) 2nd day, will go to DreamWorld (full day! use the SmartPass ticket)
3) 3rd day, will go to MovieWorld (full day! use the SmartPass ticket)
4) 4th day, will go to city tour at Gold coast.
5) 5th, 6th & 7th day, at morning, take the airtrain from Nerang to Brisbane, have a city tour (full day, use the SmartPass ticket visit around the city).
Is it a good plan to Brisbane & Gold Coast?? hope guys can give me comment about my trip...........:p

thank a lot!!!

RE: 7 days trip at Brisbane & Gold Coast

by syetan

Hi, Not to familiar with Nerang itself, but buying food is no problem at all-no chinatown nearby, but the Gold coast has food from all over the world, so you'll find Chinese food, no problems.

I can't say i'm aware that YHA holders have discounts to the theme parks, but visit the dreamworld website and check out their deal for 3 theme parks.

I don't know if buying the smartPass is the best idea because you might not use it as much as you can, but at least it gives you unlimited use of public transport on the coast so yes, why not? It might end up being a bit more expensive than otherwise, but then again, I can't say for sure.

Surfers Paradise is always open at night but I'm unsure of the night market you are referring too-anyway, it's a good spot to visit any night. with Dream world and movie world just be careful about buying food and drinks there-very expensive!!! Bring your own snacks.

Does the smartpass apply to brisbane? I had a quick look on the website and it's not too clear to me-email them.Check put Brisbane transports website - http://www.transinfo.qld.gov.au/

Personally, I'd stay on the coast the first 4 days, then move down to brisbane if the smartpass doesn't work in brisbane.

Comments