Treasure Island Holiday Park

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Treasure Island Holiday Park

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member HappyDwarf

Fantastic place to stay. Stayed in Large Villa - big enough to accomodate 2 families of 4. 4 kids aged 3 to 8 had a lounge area to themselves whilst adults had a seperate area. TV with DVD player for kids upstairs for chillout time. Great heated pool with slide and spas excellent. Didnt try pool nearest to our villa as not heated and a bit cold. Walked through easy access gate to harbour town for supermarket, fast food outlets for dinner and bargain wholesale shopping (spent a fortune). Organised theme park tickets for us. Great bouncin pillow for kids. Have to pay extra for bikes, tennis and minigolf. Easy travel to themeparks on gold coast shuttle which drops off and picks up right outside resort main entrance. Villa backs onto very busy main road - didnt bother me as im a heavy sleeper and the kids were so exhausted from activity they slept through it too. Overall excellent experience and will stay here again.

Reluctant to Stay Again

by TripAdvisor Member Omly

Recently stayed for 10 nights and thought the price was excessive for a caravan park, even though we were in a "deluxe lagoon villa". Room was nice with all requirements, and gardens were kept immaculate the whole time. Pool facilities excellent for all ages. Unfortunately we were robbed during our stay, and so were most of our neighbours. Police described the situation in the Park as "an epidemic", such that they had set up a dedicated task force to handle it. "Security" was a scary looking man in plain clothes carrying a torch and a big stick. Management were not interested in our theft or it seems the "epidemic" occuring in the Park. We were sceptical of the plain clothed "security" we met lurking in the dark behind our villa. There were also nightly burn-out sessions held by the local hoons in the street running directly behind our cabins, which kept us awake every night, and made us doubt there was any police or security presence in the area. Most nights we lay awake waiting for these speeding cars to come crashing through the fence into our room. I genuinely feared for our safety at some points. If it wasnt for the experiences that we had outside of Treasure Island, our holiday would have been less enjoyable. Our children thoroughly enjoyed their stay, but were also shielded by us from the other events happening in our midst.

Can't wait to return

by TripAdvisor Member DKPMM05

What a week!. My wife and I and 3 children (7, 5 & 4) just spent 7 nights in a Studio Cabin (No. 106). The cabin and all the park facilities were clean and well maintained - and the staff themselves could not be more friendly or helpful.

The kids loved the heated pool, water slide and jumping pillow - and we all had some great family time together at the Kids Club.

Everything we needed was in easy access with supermarkets, etc within walking distance.

Although we had read reviews about traffic noise and a burglary epidemic - neither were apparent during our stay.

The only negative was that the toilet paper is not replenished when the cabin was serviced (after 5 nights) and it cost $2.50 for a single roll from the kiosk when we ran out.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this as a great family location.

Clean, not desirable location, fun for young kids

by TripAdvisor Member SydneyAussie_Mum

I did lots of research before booking. Booked new Pandanus villa's (new xmas 08). Told would overlook grass for tents, when we got there grass was a building site as adding more villa's. Worked started at 7 am, cement mixers and hammering etc! We did complain and got small discount. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Villa clean and grounds clean. There was not much green or space at the holiday park, very cramped. The location was in a sort of retail area, on busy road. About 20 min drive to centre of surfers (lots of roadworks and traffic lights). Close to theme parks. The Pandanus are located away from road, but could hear it in distance. If you in other villas near the road it would be very noisy. I would not have been happy with other villas from the look of them and people opposite us moved from one to the Pandanus as they said the other cheaper villa was awful. The Deluxe villas around one pool looked nice. Pool with slide was warm and our 3.5 yr old loved it, smaller than looks in photos, but could get so busy at times it became dangerous for small children. Villa is serviced once in 10 days, we didn't mind this but some may mind. If you don't smoke and get smokers in villas opposite you will smell smoke as they are close. When I booked I was told there was a kids club, but when we got there told only during holidays, which was not what I was told on booking. But then someone else told me the organiser of the club had just left suddenly. Jumping pillow was good, but again could be very busy and sometimes not safe for young kids due to big kids. Our 3.5 year old enjoyed her holiday, knowing what we know we would have picked somewhere else, as at $230 a night, not cheap.

Perfect family holiday

by TripAdvisor Member ForwardFamily

We have just got back from 6 days stay at Treasure Island Holiday Park. I did a LOT of research before we booked and was very pleased with the park. We stayed in a Town House Garden Villa #236 (3 bed). Overall we where very pleased with the villa. It was located at the back of the park so noise wasn't an issue and it was opposite the kids pool. It was well maintained, modern and clean. However my only complaint was the layout. Upstairs were two bedrooms which me and my husband and 3 year old used. The 3rd bedroom however was downstairs at the back of the garage and not part of the main villa. To get into this room you had to go out the back door into the garage and then there was a door at the back of the garage which was the bedroom. My mum took this room but after a couple of nights moved in with my daughter due to having a few coachroaches in this room and not having access to the toilet (unless we left the back door unlocked). If you were intending to use this 3rd bedroom for young children I don't think you would feel comfortable doing so. Also if you have a young toddler you might not like the stairs although my 3 year old loved the novelty and a child gate was provided. As we where there before the kids easter holidays the place was not too busy and we had no one opposite the villa camping but I guess in peak times the noise would increase. Also when you are booking make sure your accomodation is towards the back of the park. The entrance is located on a busy road and any accomodation near this road would have traffic noise. The villas around the two smaller pools looked nice.
The grounds are immaculate. There is heaps to do on site and after a few crazy days at the theme parks we were happy to chill out at the Park. My 3 year old had a ball in the pool and on the bouncing pillow and playground. She also enjoyed the mini golf. We went to the kids club and did craft which she really enjoyed. The onsite bistro was great. We ate there about 3 times and the food was well priced and tasty.
The location was ideal for us but if you want to be in the heart of all the action then you should stay in the Surfers area. We went into surfers one day but it felt too crowded and hectic for us. We enjoyed being able to go out for the day and then come back and relax in the park with plenty of options to keep my daughter entertained. It is about 20 minutes drive to Surfers and about the same to all the major theme parks. So you are in the middle of the two. I was initially put off when approaching the park as it seemed to be in a retail/light industrial area. However it is literally a few minutes walk to Harbour Town shopping centre which along with shops has cafes and a cinema. Coles supermaket is also on the door step so great for stocking the kitchen up with essentials.
The staff were friendly and helpful although we often had to wait to be served in reception so they could do with more reception staff.
Overall Treasure Island met my criteria which was to stay somewhere clean and modern with facilties to entertain my daughter so we didn't have to go out in the car everytime we wanted to do something together. I will definately stay there again.

Excellent family-friendly accomodation

by TripAdvisor Member redmatthew16

My husband and I and our two children (4 and 6 years old) just spent 9 nights in a pandanus villa at treasure island. On check-in the staff were very friendly and the process of checking in was very quick. Our villa was immaculate, and had everything that you could possibly need for your stay. Street noise from the nearby gold coast highway was not a problem.

Although not situated in the hustle and bustle of surfers paradise, this was just a short drive away. Within walking distance of the holiday park were several supermarkets and takeaway food outlets, and harbourtown shopping centre (outlet stores) was a short walk away.

Within the holiday park were heaps of different activities (free) for the kids: swimming pools, playground, jumping pillow, hopscotch ...... You could also pay a small amount and use pedal buggies and play mini-golf. Although we did not use it, there is a restaurant located within the holiday park, and the prices seemed quite reasonable. There was also a kiosk to buy everyday items from if you couldn't be bothered going to the supermarket.

The reception staff at treasure island were always friendly and very helpful, and we were also able to buy slightly discounted tickets to all the theme parks at reception. Pre-purchasing theme park tickets does save some lining up when you get to the theme parks.

Although fairly expensive when compared with other surfers paradise accommodation, very few other surfers paradise accommodation has the amount of family activities that treasure island has.

I would certainly stay at treasure island again

Treasure Island Holiday Park is a must for all families visiting the Gold Coast.

by TripAdvisor Member gotigers10

To Treasure Island Staff,
We have recently returned home from our 2 week stay on the Gold Coast and it is so hard to get back into the swing of work. On behalf of our family and I we would like to thank you for the 2 weeks at your wonderful holiday park. The accommodation we had was excellent, the park facilities were absolutely superb and the help and response we received from your friendly staff was also excellent. The Gold Coast is such a wonderful place to holiday and as this was our first time on the Gold Coast with our children this was absolutely the best holiday we have ever had. The money we had spent over the 2 weeks was completely worth it and by choosing Treasure Island as our place of stay ensured our stay was even more enjoyable. So once again thank you to everyone involved at Treasure Island who ensured our stay was a most memorable one for years to come and when we plan to come back to the Gold Coast in a couple of years Treasure Island will be the 1st place we will be in contact with in preparation for our holiday.

P.S. We have already started to recommend Treasure Island to our friends who are planning holidays to the Gold Coast in the future so hopefully you will see more families from Mount Gambier visit your wonderful park.

Regards

Steven
Mount Gambier

Fantastic stay- good as gold !!

by TripAdvisor Member oldchook

We stayed in a Pandanus Villa (620)with 3 kids(13,7 & 2.5) for 8 nights & we loved it-very flash with all you could ask for including a washing machine & dryer. King bed(like home) in the main b/r so the only negative was the porter cot (which you get your $50 back when you check out )was a bit of a tight squeeze in the main bedroom.3 reverse cycle air conditioners,4 fans,2 bathrooms,what more could you ask for but for $300 per night it would have been nicer to have larger or thicker towels but if thats all I could fault this park for then thats not too bad....My 7yr old daughter had a ball doing 4 different activities on different days & 3 pools to choose from was fantastic,2 were heated but not much difference when you come from Melbourne !!Did not use the spa as it cost $1.00 & as like most people a towel & sunscreen is all you take to the pool in most cases. The Jumping pillow was busy most times but on a fluke day there was no one on so my 2& half year old son had a go & enjoyed it but was too rough when the big kids got on again.The only other negative was we were next to the campers and a little girl(we thought it was a teenage boy!!)was bouncing a basket ball continuously at 7.15am for an hour under our bedroom window which is not the parks fault & after 2 mornings I asked the parents nicely if she could go and do that at the basketball ring that is provided for everyone near the pool. The father was a bit rude & said bad luck but since my son never got up before 8.30am & if you are a 4 times mother you sleep until they wake up if you have half a chance.The BBQ is a trap on the deck as it is too comfy to stay at the park & not venture out for tea which I was secretly hoping I would get a couple of nights off preparing & cleaning up & actually go out for tea...Wishful thinking-Ha Ha!! We went to the buffet night on the Friday night at the park restaurant as it was pre organised with the swim club Tonys daughter is in & it was very nice,lots to choose from & the kids got a free drink & ice-cream so for $14 adults & $9.00 for kids it was good value. Felt safe & comfy all the time we were there so all up - " GOOD AS GOLD"

Too Overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member 84Cedarhouse

We have just returned from staying at Treasure Island Resort, I was somewhat dissapointed in our stay. We stayed in the Town House Villa's which were a little tired looking now and need re-painting, carpet cleaning and general repairs are required.
I found Treasure Island to be very overpriced as to what you actually got for your money spent and get set to have your hand in your pocket for $$ all the time - from using the spa, mini golf, tennis courts etc.
It is a real family park with a lot of young children running about and also on pedal cars and can be quite dangerous when you are either trying to drive in and around the park to your accommodation.
The park was generally clean around site.
The townhouses had uncomfortable beds and there were very limited cooking utensils provided. It was a shame for the townhouses not to have a washing machine or dryer inside, as the single level villas had.
Probably would not stay here if you had teenagers.
Location is handy to the Harbour Town Shopping Centre, but if you were after closeness to the beach you will have to drive.
Also I would not recommend staying in the accommodation located at the front of the resort as it is located on a very busy road.
The Treasure Island resort has no views to enjoy.

Great Place BUT Prices Have Gone Up $25% in 2 years!

by TripAdvisor Member TheVetss

Hello everyone, I stayed at Treasure Island early 2008. The Holiday Park I have to say was great for the adults and excellent for the kids. We stayed in a Deluxe Villa and paid $162pn for 2 adults and 3 kids ( 3, 6 & 9yo ) and stayed 7 nights. We are planning on going to QLD next year again and I checked the tarifs and was shocked to see that it will be $205pn during the low season. I understand prices to go up but not 25% in 24 months. I have already enquired at Sands Turtle Beach Resort in Mermaid Beach which I have stayed at in 2006 and will be paying $135pn and has the same facilities. I think Treasure Island should really think about there prices and make it more affordable for young families especially if its situated 15-20min drive to Surfers Paradise. Great place but wont be coming back again.

Comments