Vibe Hotel Surfers Paradise

33 Thornton Street, (Formerly The Concorde), Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, QLD 4217, Australia

• thegirlfromnewy's Profile Photo

Happy hotel

Stayed 4 nights in a twin room. Requested a high floor and our request was granted. I was very surprised how quiet the hotel was given our room overlooked the main road.
    Size of the room was above average and so was the bathroom.
    Had to call reception to work out how to get the shower to work but overall no major problems. personal opinion only but I disliked breakfast. With Cavil Ave so close I would recommend sourcing breakfast outside of the hotel.
    Reception staff were very helpful, escpecially with directions to the theme parks and shopping locations.

Unique Quality: Hotel is non smoking. There is only one allocated smoking area downstairs outside.
    The pool overlooks the waterway and the is a pool bar with daily happy hour

Directions: Bus stop right out the front if you are coming by public transport from Coolangatta Airport

• rcarlyle's Profile Photo

Excellent Budget Accommodation

My wife and I needed a getaway from Brisbane and found The Vibe on the Gold Coast. I checked rates on Expedia and there were rooms for $75 per night. Now it was winter, so the rates were definitely down, however we decided to upgrade to a room @ $105 per night. The hotel was easy to find (I always do my research). Check in was quick and easy. We recieved a further upgrade on arrival (I think everyone is told that). We were informed of the $8 per day parking charge which I already knew about. The room was excellent, spacious with cooking facilities and a king sized bed. Nice views and the hotel is very central to everything in Surfers Paradise. The hotel has a pool, gym, bar and restaurant that we never used. We never had to wait too long for lifts and the level of noise from the traffic was minimal (we were on the 10th floor). Overall a very good experience which we would do again. I was informed by the hotel that they could have done a better deal if I had contacted them directly instead of going via Expedia, but that is yet to be tested.

Unique Quality: Central to Serfers Paradise, great views, pool, gym