Goondiwindi Hotels

• wise23girl profile photo wise23girl
  • Reviews: 758

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Town House: Perfect location

We are in Goondiwindi, on the Queensland Border with NSW. Back in 2014.

This motel was recommended by a local but there were about 4 other motels close by and all looked OK....Part of the Sundowner Chain.
One big advantage was the restaurant which seemed to be THE place to eat in the town unless you wanted a pub meal. And we enjoyed dinner ourselves there. Later we walked down the road to one of the pubs for a 'bit of a flutter' on the 'pokies' or slot machines.

Everything was clean...the bed was comfortable and the units on ground level. Tea making facilities...free wifi...an iron were all on hand.

And there was a swimming pool...be good in the summer.

Cost about average.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Road Trip
  • Written April 6, 2013
Tip Photo

• thegreynomad profile photo thegreynomad
  • Reviews: 9

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Goondiwindi Top Tourist Park: Caravan Park

The Top Tourist caravan park doesn't only have caravan sites, but also self-contained Cabins at good prices.
I find Caravan park cabins cheaper to stay in than Motels. I was travelling on my own, and the Cabin price was still the same for one person or two.
This one didn't have linen, but I had thought of that and brought sheets and towels with me. It had blankets and pillows. You can hire linen for a fee.
Inside it had table and chairs, cooking facilities, fridge, Television, ensuite, air-conditioning for either hot or cold and a patio with outdoor table & chairs.
It was clean and the park was quiet. I heard a little noise from a nearby grain depot. Harvesting had begun, so this depot was receiving trucks all through the night. It was not loud enough to bother me.
My ensuite cabin cost $65, this was April 2012, it may be more expensive in high season.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 27, 2012

My Cabin

• StuartHearn profile photo StuartHearn
  • Reviews: 22

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

roadside stay: Country Roads Motor Inn

This motel is newish with excellent facilities

However it is like most Au motels, really very expensive and overpriced by world standards
125 a single with no breakfast
The mini bar, wel stocked but who on earth would buy a beer at 7 dollars
I would have drunk 6 at 4, none at sevan
Likewise the restaurant and bar were really pricey
I have been to 50 countries now and for 50-60 currancy units would buy an excellent room with full breakfast all over EU

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written December 4, 2011

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9817

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

GOONDIWINDI TOP TOURIST PARK: By the Billabong

As we have our own Caravan, we chose this park on the outskirts of Goondiwindi.

This park was nice and quiet, set in a 20 acre parkland setting with a small lagoon and jetty. On the Billabong were Ducks.

Alongside this Billabong was the camper's kitchen with BBQ's.
Showers (good), Toilets, both very clean, a Laundry, a Kiosk which sold Ice & LPG, and linen hire if needed.
The sites were lawned, there were powered and unpowered sites, Cabins from 2 bedroom Deluxe or Budget, these are fully self contained.

Lorikeet feeding is daily, and at night time, you may see some Possums.

During the months from May - September, on a Sunday morning, a Pancake breakfast is held.
Give a gold coin donation which goes to the Royal Flying Doctor Service, and you will receive a Pancake, a great way to meet fellow campers.

Also, campfire meals are held on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

This park was good, and we would stay here again.

UPDATE... We stayed here again in our Caravan in 2012, and were still happy with the park.

This time we were a member of the Top Tourist Association, so we received a discount of 10% off our powered caravan site.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive