Goondiwindi Hotels

Our Members Say

• thegreynomad profile photo thegreynomad
  • Reviews: 9

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Goondiwindi Top Tourist Park: Caravan Park

The Top Tourist caravan park doesn't only have caravan sites, but also self-contained Cabins at good prices.
I find Caravan park cabins cheaper to stay in than Motels. I was travelling on my own, and the Cabin price was still the same for one person or two.
This one didn't have linen, but I had thought of that and brought sheets and towels with me. It had blankets and pillows. You can hire linen for a fee.
Inside it had table and chairs, cooking facilities, fridge, Television, ensuite, air-conditioning for either hot or cold and a patio with outdoor table & chairs.
It was clean and the park was quiet. I heard a little noise from a nearby grain depot. Harvesting had begun, so this depot was receiving trucks all through the night. It was not loud enough to bother me.
My ensuite cabin cost $65, this was April 2012, it may be more expensive in high season.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 27, 2012
Tip Photo

My Cabin

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 10685

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

GOONDIWINDI TOP TOURIST PARK: By the Billabong

As we have our own Caravan, we chose this park on the outskirts of Goondiwindi.

This park was nice and quiet, set in a 20 acre parkland setting with a small lagoon and jetty. On the Billabong were Ducks.

Alongside this Billabong was the camper's kitchen with BBQ's.
Showers (good), Toilets, both very clean, a Laundry, a Kiosk which sold Ice & LPG, and linen hire if needed.
The sites were lawned, there were powered and unpowered sites, Cabins from 2 bedroom Deluxe or Budget, these are fully self contained.

Lorikeet feeding is daily, and at night time, you may see some Possums.

During the months from May - September, on a Sunday morning, a Pancake breakfast is held.
Give a gold coin donation which goes to the Royal Flying Doctor Service, and you will receive a Pancake, a great way to meet fellow campers.

Also, campfire meals are held on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

This park was good, and we would stay here again.

UPDATE... We stayed here again in our Caravan in 2012, and were still happy with the park.

This time we were a member of the Top Tourist Association, so we received a discount of 10% off our powered caravan site.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive

• StuartHearn profile photo StuartHearn
  • Reviews: 22

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

roadside stay: Country Roads Motor Inn

This motel is newish with excellent facilities

However it is like most Au motels, really very expensive and overpriced by world standards
125 a single with no breakfast
The mini bar, wel stocked but who on earth would buy a beer at 7 dollars
I would have drunk 6 at 4, none at sevan
Likewise the restaurant and bar were really pricey
I have been to 50 countries now and for 50-60 currancy units would buy an excellent room with full breakfast all over EU

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average