Gympie Hotels

• KevinMichael profile photo KevinMichael
  • Reviews: 405

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Motel Nationwide: Gympie Motel right off of Bruce

The motel is conveniently located directly off of the Bruce Highway on the way from or going to Fraser or in the other direction towards Noosa, Brisbane, etc.

I do recommend the place because it was cheap, the staff were nice enough, they had a TV, and best of all for the swimming pool that I went for a swing in.

It only cost us a total $54 for the night.

The only downside was that our room had definately been used by smokers before.

Being in the middle of... well, not nowhere, but certainly in the middle of big tourist attractions, we found Gympie. Adding to this, there weren't a whole lot of people staying in this motel which was a big plus in meaning not much noise.

I ended up talking to a local who told me quite a bit about living in Gympie and his job as a tour bus driver (or something like that).

If you end up staying at this motel, you'll likely meet him, since he practically lives in the motel.
Apparently, he works in the area so often his company puts him up in this motel several times a week.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel
  • Written July 4, 2006

• Crikies profile photo Crikies
  • Reviews: 11

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fox Glenn Motor-Inn: family atmosphere

I've stayed at this motel frequently on business, and it would have to be about the friendliest place I've visited. They really look after business travellers. Rooms are basic but of a good standard, with plenty of room to move. Good bar and restaurant with homestyle cooking. Pool is set in a lovely garden. Near the highway, but not noisy.

Nothing unique about the facilities, just good people to stay with.

• Opinion of Price: about average