Hayman Island Great Barrier Reef Queensland, Hayma

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Hayman Resort

Hostels through-out Australia...

by King1e

Hostels through-out Australia were great. My other recommendation is $$$ Hayman Island - resort $$$, Whitsundays- Great Barrier reef. Its just the best,(in the world) stay in a beach front room.

Hayman Island Resort

by xcheckers about Hayman Island Resort

Prices started at $350 US/night + transfer cost to/from Hamilton Island (airport) and that was for a garden room. Pool view rooms were about $200 US more. We took the cheaper accomodation just to be in this amazing place. Incredible setting; terrific service; ultimate luxury.
The combo freshwater pool with surrounding saltwater lagoon channels is the most amazing setup I have seen.

A GREAT, RELAXING HOLIDAY FOR COUPLES

by TripAdvisor Member Kookie

Just perfect for a couple who want to spend time together and relax in great comfort and a beautiful setting. Cannot speak highly enough of the resort, facilities, staff, service, food, the room and the fantastic view from our room. Although expensive for food and drinks, it was well worth it, you pay for what you get. The service and staff were just top notch! Would love to go there again. I felt totally relaxed and refreshed at the end of 6 days.

Wedding Bliss

First off I read the reviews prior to booking the most important event in our lives there so I was a little concerned that they were "mixed". I am happy to report that Hayman is everything you see in the brochure and more. I highly recommend staying in the pool wing or a retreat room if you go. From the time you step off your flight they take care of everything for you. We handed our luggage tags to the porter and they whisked us off to their beautiful yacht, handed us a glass of champagne and we were off. I have been to Hawaii on a cruise and stayed at the finest hotels on all of the islands many times (I believe 15 times in all) This hotel is comprable and I think a better value if you are getting married. My husband and I are from Los Angeles and we wanted to do something "different" for our wedding. We were taking a cruise from australia for the honeymoon so our choices were getting married in australia or getting married in Hawaii and then flying to Australia for the cruise. We went for "different". We compared the packages at The Sheraton Port Douglass, Lizard island and Hayman. It was the People who handle their weddings that convinced me. Specifically Patricia Old. Our room was amazing and had the most incredible view of the Coral Sea and the fabulous Hayman pool. A log as follows:
Monday (1st day) Arrived after a cruise through the Whitsundays after several glasses of champagne to be greeted by staff waiting at the dock with tranportation to our room. Room exceeded our expectation and was amazing. Wedding staff had another bottle of champagne waiting in our room. Took walk on lovely beach and watched sting rays dart through the water as we waded alongside the beach. Had a tasty dinner at The Oriental (Only restuarant that I agree could use some improve
ment on their speed and service though)

2nd Day: Had an incredible breakfast at Azure and saw the brightest rainbow we have ever seen. THe food and service were impeccable. Went on Outer Reef Tour by boat. We took the Helicopter back which I would tell everyone to do as the boat ride is a bit rough and the helicopter is the best way to fully appreciate the wonder of the reef. Landed on Whitehaven Beach - it is like something out of a dream!!! Better than the pictures. Had another glass of champagne on the beach and toasted the incredible moment. Landed back at Hayman and got on another boat for Sunset Drop off. Another big recommendation. Very Romantic! Did a little Snorkeling before sunset - Blue Pearl Bay 2 is amazing! Had Seafood Indulgence at Azure for dinner - something every seafood lover should do - Bugs are our favorite!

3rd Day: Another super breakfast at Azure. Met with Wedding coordinater for tour of wedding sites. Basically a tour of resort which made us appreciate it that much more. Beautiful!! Went out to Langford Island which is where we decided was THE place for the wedding. Fabulous location. Leanne our wedding coordinator was great! Afterword we did a snorkel "drop-off" back to Blue Pearl Bay 2. They dropped us off with a cannister holding a phone. After calling them to be assured that the jellyfish we saw were harmless we went in for the most incredible snorkeling ever! Had our faces in the water for 2.5 hours straight! (Terrible mask face after). Saw the resident huge fish named "Elvis". Went back to Hayman in time for low tide. What a trip that is! Walked out almost to Langford seeing a turtle bury itself in seaweed and a tidepool waiting for the tide to come back, starfish, hermit crabs - a great experience. After took a dip in that incredible pool and had fun with the ducks. Had a "hair trial" with their very talented hair stylist then off to the "Chefs Table" - a must for your visit to Hayman. We were prettly tired but this was worth it!

4th Day: Wedding
The only day with "iffy" weather. THe winds had picked up quite a bit. Had that fabulous breakfast again and then met with celebrant, photographer, videographer, coordinator. Probable no Langford due to wind but location to be decided as day progressed. Went to go use a Hoby Cat but unfortunatly winds too high - next time! Had Spa Wrap (THey were just completing the Spa renovation so they were not quite ready when i used it so not the best experience - it looked like it would be awesome though so by now I am sure things are "worked out") had hair done by their phenomenal stylist - made my hair go "with the wind" :). Unflappable wedding coordinator and her wonderful trainee Pia guided us through and made our wedding go exceedingly well despite nature throwing all her "hitches" into it. Got married at "The Resort Lookout" and had a champagne toast at the Helipad while watching the most incredible sunset. They served dinner to us by setting up a candleight dinner for 2 on the balcony of the Chapel - another super-romantic moment. Shared a dinner roll with a very "cheeky" Australian Possum (cute!)

5th day: Had another breakfast from Heaven at Azure then took a kayak out (Next time we take the Hobie Cat) Still windy though. Did some pool time then it was back to our lovely room to pack up :( They did another superb job getting all of our luggage and making everything hassle free. Thought it was a nice touch that we had the same service on our return - champagne and canapes included!

Huge thanks to the wedding staff there - they are incredible people and made our day "perfect"!

I can only say that the review(s) that are not as "complimentary" may be from people that would not be satisfied with the beauty and outdoor pursuits Hayman offers. You do get what you put into it. We loved it and look forward to coming back. Maybe an anniversary ;) Anyway - for any brides to be that are looking for an alternative - this is your place! we coordinated everything from thousands of miles away and they made it the most romantic, perfect wedding experience we could have hoped for. Will post pictures later.

Very Nice & Luxurious but our visist spoilt by a Wedding Party

by TripAdvisor Member CerviniaUk

Above average resort but does not compare as value for money to many places in Asia on both cost & quality.

Staff could not be more helpful and the transfer is fabulous although my transfer was arranged by Quantas and was expensive.

Found resort to be not too expensive but food tends to get boring after a few days and I would advise anyone to miss out on the Buffet (poor quality for the most expensive meal of our stay). Overall enjoyed the place until our final night when a wedding party constantly verbally abused us for being 'POMS'. A joke is a joke but some of these people were a disgrace and showed no courtesy to visitors on their wonderful country. I realise I cannot blame the resort for this but it just goes to show that you can pay a very expensive price and still share you holiday with the most common of people.

sometimes a value

One can book a long weekend value trip ( can be extended) to Hayman on Quantas or thru a local Travel Agent in Sydney or whereever on the internet. I believe it has to be booked in Au since it's primarily for Aussies.
I've been there 3 times in last 5 years and find it excellent. Look into Captain Cook Cruises out of Caines. Great 4 and 5 day cruises not known to many.

A view into La FontaineA view into La Fontaine

The Sun Goddess - the ONLY way to travel to HaymanThe Sun Goddess - the ONLY way to travel to Hayman

Our Retreat RoomOur Retreat Room

To give you some perspective!To give you some perspective!

Comments