Hayman Great Barrier Reef, , 4801, Australia
One&Only Hayman Island
Booking.com HotelTravel.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Hayman Great Barrier Reef Hayman Island

Trying to find the right room at the resort?

by digivixen about Retreat Room - Hayman Island Resort

There are several different types of room at the Hayman Island resort, all varying in price. I chose to stay in a "Retreat Room" which are single story rooms that are a short walk away from the main pool, offering the ultimate in seclusion and privacy. The room features luxe bed linen, contemporary and tasteful timber decor, a daybed against the window, a king sized bed, bath and the ultimate - an outdoor cobblestone shower! There IS no greater indulgence!

The toiletries are first class, these rooms feature Janesce shampoo and conditioner (specially formulated for hair thats come into contact with seawater and chlorine) and Gilbert and Soames soaps. In some of the more upmarket rooms you will find Bvlgari toiletries.

The maid service is A+ as is Room Service. Each night you are offered chocolates and a turndown service should you wish. Every morning "The Australian" newspaper is delivered to your door. The staff cater to your every need.

Not 5 star at all!!

My husband and I stayed in Hayman Island resort with 3 other couples in April this year. We were staying in a Beach front which was extremely overpriced. Our friends stayed in the poolside deluxe rooms for pretty much half the price and their room was alot nicer. Our rooms was very run down, nothing like they look on the website and the weather was terrible, it rained day in and day out which was very annoying considering they told us that April was a great time to come. We managed to get in two games of tennis in your 5 day stay and we also went snorkelling one day with was so clear and beautiful.

The staff was ok however they never went out of their way to do anything extra for their customers. One night it was my husbands birthday and I wanted to organise a special dinner, and the most special it could be was lining up to get our food like a school caffeteria.

We did have a relaxing time and you cannot blame the resort for the weather but I deffinately will never go back, I would much prefer to go to Bali and stay in true 5 star deluxe for half the price.

Absolutely Nothing to Complain About

After coming from Peppers Palm Bay - Long Island - with very similiar prices to Hayman, Hayman was fantastically DECADENT. Hayman really showed Peppers up.

Our last stay of our honeymoon, the service, the staff, the food - all was absolutely impeccable. Even walking past staff on or off duty - they ALL SMILED !!! and said hello. What a pleasant and pleasing surprise.

Loved every minute of it. From the spoilt for choice buffet brekkies with champagne to big lunches by the pool to the awesome choices for dinner, we had an absolutely wonderful time.

Highly reccommend Hayman as the pick of all the Whitsunday Islands.

FIVE STARS>>>>>

Batman ends!

by TripAdvisor Member FrequentFrier

We stayed for a work meeting and found the standard of hospitality high - but were glad we weren't paying for accommodation, meals or activities!
The rooms are spacious, with good amenities and pleasant bathrooms.
Only one pool is heated - a pity in winter if air temp is under 20C - and outdoor hot-tubs are tiny. The trees behind the Pool Wing are full of fruit bats - noisy and on the nose! The walking track round the island is rocky, steep in parts and crossed by the odd snake - but gives great views of the Whitsunday Islands. However, if you want to see the Great Barrier Reef, it is 2 hours away by boat (over rough seas at times) - but closer by seaplane or helicopter (at a price). Of the restaurants, Trattoria is a disappointment, but Oriental, Azure and La Fontaine provide first-rate cuisine. The boat trip to and from the airport (on Hamilton Island) is impressive but expensive - so go one way by helicopter (for the ride of your life!). We would stay again - but would go in spring with better weather (and hope that Riddler had got rid of the bats by then!).

please refurbish

My Girlfriend and I visited this hotel with the excitement of two young ,intrepid, relaxation junkies. You have to take the island on it's merits but question the pricing of this establishment.

We stayed on the top floor over looking the main pool. The room was simple and clean but definitely not five star. The beach was nice to look at but you couldn't swim in the sea because it was too shallow during the day. If you're looking for a fregate island experience then you won't find it here. For a country that is very up on it's eco tourism I found it incredible that raw sewage was pumped out into the middle of the channel, slap bang in the middle of the Sundays. As we cruized through on the way to the island resort, the smell from the sea-bound sewage was pungent.

However, there are many redeeming features of this Island. It has plenty of charm. The staff were friendly, but not well trained. Most of them are backpackers from the mainland and not remotely like anybody you would meet working in a five star establishment in Europe. But they were funny and they made us laugh, a lot.

So my point is this, it's over priced for what you get, the cooking is ordinary, but yes! we would consider going back because the island has a magnetism of sorts. Hard to explain, but I hope this helps.

Hayman Island - resort!

by King1e

HAYMAN ISLAND Resort.So many thoughts go through my mind. Unfortunately VT is not the place to put them. Hayman is the best! If you budget yourself for the other parts of your trip then this is well worth going to. It is EXPENSIVE. They treated me like a king. I know they treated me better than most. Why, I don't know. I am forever in their debt.Off season, is when I was there (June 96). The resort owns the whole island.
I would recommend the beach front rooms.

My room.

In the background you can see me in my house robe and slippers, that they had provided. Gee, how did they let me get away with that. I treated the place like my home.

Inside the lobby.

Well, back in Airlie. Just me and my girlfriend, the shy quiet type.

"Byron Bay"

Next stop, Byron Bay - A different place -. It felt like a place where, people do meditation things. Had a few massages while I was there.
Booked my return flight home for July. Went back to Sydney, changed my flight again and went back to Fiji.

Comments