4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Agoda.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Don't waste your money. Total rip off

I am currently writing from my hotel room here at the Hyatt. Advertised as the number one spa in the southern hemisphere, five star hotel and PGA course. None of which seem to have merited the title when it comes to this place? The restaurant are advertised well and I suppose e marketing team at the hyatt did a great job as I am so disappointed. This was meant to be a lovely weekend away and while we are making the best of it it really didn't meet our expectations.

The hotel staff was incompetent and unhelpful, they couldn't even do so much as point me in the right direction of the women's area of the spa (all amenities are separate by male and female, ie sauna and jacuzzi, etc... Which is a shame as we were on a couples vacation), front desk staff was by unhelpful as well and took forever to check me in and didn't have our room ready despite having booked early check in, we ordered room service which we were charge $10 just to get room service in the first place. Our food was overpriced (like everything else in the resort, $10 for a beer!!!) and our order of nachos came with spaghetti bolognaise sauce all over it and no cheese, and the nachos were all soggy, we didn't get items we ordered ie aioli, and we ordered spring rolls and samosas etc $18 and there was barely anything there and they'd clearly come from the freezer they were tiny and very little filling, our firdge in our hotel room was broken too, it was just a joke overall, we paid several hundred dollars to stay herefor the night and for that price I at least expect to pay for something of much higher standard it was jut disappointing overall and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at all. It was a total rip off and not even on the beach like they make it sound it is.

The facilitis aren't that nice and the golf course doesn't look PGA standards. The spa is nothing special but again great marketing behind it because on the Internet it seemed great. The hotel pools aren't that great either. Everything is super spaced out here too so you have to walk around a lot to get around the resort, they have golf buggeys taking people around though. The hotels overall appearance just isn't anything special, especially for something sporting the Hyatt brand, it lets the whole brand down as the name attached to the hotel automatically heightens your expectations.

Such a pity. And such a waste of money. Real disappointment

Unique Quality: None. That's the problem...

Directions: Middle of nowhere

More about Maroochydore

Maroochy Bushland Botanical GardensMaroochy Bushland Botanical Gardens

Marg and Lyn in Yushima style 2009Marg and Lyn in Yushima style 2009

Foote SanctuaryFoote Sanctuary

enjoy your drinkenjoy your drink

Travel Tips for Maroochydore

Churches can be like ATMs

by wise23girl

You can go to church but churches can be like ATMs difficult to find when you need one.

So I have compiled a list on my Buderim page of all the Churches I could find in the Buderim area. So if you are in Maroochydore, Mooloolaba or Cotton Tree you will find Buderim is not far away or my tip will give you a "lead" with telephone numbers.

Comments