Ocean Drive, Twin Waters, Mudjimba, Queensland, 4564, Australia

Agoda.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Most Terrible Customer Service

The room doesn't look like they are a 4-star hotel. Old and not impressive at all. looks like a motel room. the most terrible thing about it is their customer service. only discovered that the cutlery we brought with us when we checked in was taken by the housekeeping staff.filled out a form and they said they will call back.no call back. followed up with them after a few days then was passed on to different people in the staff.told them i don't care about the other 2 forks but i only care about the baby fork we brought with us for our little girl.it had sentimental value since it belonged to her first set of cutlery.got in touch with the assistant manager. she emailed and said that the cutlery has not been found and said they were sorry for the experience and will contact us if something comes up.replied to her email and ask if they will replace the item.she emailed back and said NO they can't replace it period with no other reason why they can't.emailed back and told them it was unacceptable and asked if she represents the hotel by saying they can't even replace a baby fork that can be worth less than $5.anyway, after that email i looked for reviews about the hotel.read the thread here and realised that some people had the same experience. wish i read the reviews before we went. i know hotels have disclaimers about belongings left in the room. but My God, it was 3 pcs of cutlery, not jewellery. the thing that was frustrating was no one has taken accountability for their actions. i know its only a piece of baby fork but then again it had sentimental value to us. anyway, hope whoever plans to stay at that resort will research reviews first and gets to read this. we learned our lesson, don't believe hotels saying they are 4 star hotels straight away, do your research. they may claim they are 4 star but their customer service can be terrible. from our experiences staying at hotels, the one thing you will remember the most is how you were treated as a guest, not the room you stayed at. it doesn't matter if it was fancy but if the customer service was terrible that's the number one thing that will be passed on. hotels are not just about accommodation, it's more about the quality of customer service. and this one really sucked!

Unique Quality: nothing. our experience was so terrible it did not matter anymore.

Directions: if you see this resort, turn around and drive away fast not worth staying here. terrible customer service.

• Watch your valuables

Stayed there as part of a conference - overall the hotel had very nice grounds, reasonable central areas and facilities (not super posh but family friendly). The food was good conference/buffet style..... I have to admit I have no idea how much it cost but if I went there for a family meal I would be happy with the number of choices and the general quality, if I was there for something more 'special' I would have been disappointed. Rooms were spacious, a little tired, again not too posh but acceptable.

The most disappointing part of the stay was the fact that I left an expensive pair of sunglasses on the dinner table in a private dinning area...... went back from the later but they had disappeared. The staff were not overly helpful in trying to find them...... just fill out a form and we'll give you a call if they turn up. Strangely they never did......!

More about Novotel Twin Waters Resort

Big resort!

by TripAdvisor Member Crags

Stayed for 1 night as part of a weekend away in early August 2007 at Novotel Twin Waters Resort- sheer space of the resort was advantage for busy times but in quiet times made it feel sparce. Huge lake in center with watersports, several restaurants, beautiful gardens and beaches on lake, lots of places to read and take it easy, also close to ebach and there is a boardwalk through mangroves also near the new GrandMercure Apartments there. Rooms modern and clean, very comfortable beds. Good buffett breakfast overlooking lake. Quick check in, very slow checkout. Staff member excellent, just not enough of them. Is located out of Maroochydore, a drive is required to other restuarants etc or very long walk over highway. Very close to Sunshine Coast Airport. Retreat-like in its location. Would recommend to families.

Soooooooo relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member Travelpmrm

Stayed in a renovated resort room for 4 nights in September 07 overlooking the lagoon - BEAUTIFUL! The room was tidy, clean, new bed, new TV, NEW everything! Although the toilet was a minor problem, just hard to flush.
We had buffet breakfast every morning, lots to choose from.
We ate in the restaurant (Zanths) for dinner once, as we thought it was a bit expensive and we were not overly excited about the variety of food in the buffet. Zanths had a take-away option, which came in handy, we used this a lot. Food was pretty good.
We checked out Lily's on the lagoon to eat, there wasn't a lot to choose from on the menu and seemed very expensive.
The resort is kept clean, with manicured lawns. It's a very relaxing place to stay. So close to the beach. Lots of activities so you won't get bored. Sailing on the lagoon in a catamaran is soooo relaxing and peaceful. Riding a bike around the resort is great too.
There was a conference going on with about 300 people, they got very noisy and drunk one night and kept the whole resort up. I think next time when booking, it would be good to be told there is a conference going on.
Overall, I would definitely stay there again. Just make sure you stay in a renovated room.

What a rip off!

by TripAdvisor Member Summer29

My partner and I stayed for two nights last week. We paid $300.00 per night so our expectations were pretty high. To start with, the room was old and extremely tired. The shower was mouldy and the toilet didn't work. The tv was about 10 years old with dodgy reception and sound.

We didn't want to pay $54.00 per head to eat in the restaurant so we went out for the night to one in Mooloolaba. When returning to the resort the carparks were full! I went to reception and she told me to park up the curb and in the garden. I said if she thought I was going to park my brand new car up the curb she had another thing coming. After filling out a complaints form I had to park on the side of the road and risk my car getting hit as it was a tight squeeze.

We will never go back. Not for what they charged us.

Would Not Return

by TripAdvisor Member boogiebeat

Really showing its' age in many areas.
The room we had was just OK, comparable to a well kept motel room, there was a big stain on the sofa and the toilet kept running unless you jolted the flush button a couple of times.
The mossies were a huge problem, they would congregate under the light outside the room entrance and then invade as soon as you opened the door to enter.We got some fly spray and in passing we mentioned the problem to the cleaners, they told us that they were regularly eaten alive while cleaning rooms. The room cleaning ladies were nice, but the actual cleaning was pretty hit and miss (mostly miss)

The buffet was very basic and overpriced (breakfast has the saltiest bacon I have ever tasted) . We had a couple of meals at the Lillys restaurant ( I think that is the name) which is on the lagoon, again the meal was pricey and very average.

The whole place is very tired and should be downgraded in the star rating. I don't think it is honest to portray a place based on "what was" rather than " what is"

We would not return there.

what a great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member stephanieGoldCoast

we stayed here for 2 nights on the 06 and 07 of Nov 2007 we had read the bad reviews on trip adviser and were worried about what we would find!!! we need not have worried the resort was spotlessly clean staff were fantastic and our room [one of the renovated ones] was better than some of the 5 star ones we have stayed in overseas. we advise to request a renovated room prior to check-in and you will not be disappointed.
only thing as a negative restaurants very expensive and nearest town a 10 minute drive so go prepared with drinks snacks etc and enjoy!!!

David and Stephanie gold coast Queensland

A Nice Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Jude88

My husband and I had three nights here in November. I read the reviews after booking and was a little concerned, but our fears were laid to rest once we arrived. We were fortunate to get one of the renovated rooms and it was tastefully decorated ( in true Novotel decor) and we were placed in a quiet wing. The staff were very friendly, particularly the staff for the water sports. The lagoon is truly the showpiece of the resort and all activity revolves around it : sailing and kayaks, swimming and water trampolines - all free of charge. We did not try the pool as we holidayed without our sons - we left the pool to the families with little kids.Breakfast was included in our deal - otherwise we would not normally pay as much for that meal. We ate once at Lily's and found the staff to be very fun and friendly and the food was superb and great value for money ( a new chef apparently).
Overall, would highly recommend, but make sure you request a renovated room. The older ones look quite dated from the outside. Also try to get breakfast in with your deal.
A recommended trip once here would be to drive up into the hinterland and stop at Montville for lunch and shopping - what a beautiful place to drive around. You can also daytrip to Noosa and to Australia Zoo from here, which we will do when we return with our kids.

Great place for a family holiday

by TripAdvisor Member RowsyLizard

We really enjoyed this hotel. We've got a 3yo and a 1yo and the facilities catered well for them. Great pool with two wading pools kind of built in but separate and big pool with ledge all around the outside. Beach adjacent to pool with free hobicats, kayaks and windsurfer. Lots of lifejackets avail even for littlies. Really safe swimming beach with some all day shade, or walk over the (not busy at all) road to the surf beach. We stayed in a King Deluxe Suite I think it was called and it was adequate size (not enormous).....we had our 3yo either in the super king bed with us or on the pull out sofa bed in the lounge and they supplied a portacot and highchair no charge for our 1yo. The kitchen facilities weren't great cos no cooker except for microwave. We took our own gas camping stove and that made it OK as I could do saussies and stuff for the kids. The fridge was an OK size (probably too small for teenagers).

We had a package that included kids club (good, especially for younger kids, say 5 and under) and daily buffet breakfast which was good.

The food and beverage otherwise was quite expensive and we didn't rate it all that high quality (we had one buffet dinner in Zanths and one bar meal) but seeing as you can self cater it didn't matter all that much.

We would not hesitate in returning. The service was great, it was nice having your room cleaned daily and the facilities suited us perfectly. The only thing that I would like to have seen was a kids playground outside of the kids club.

There's a small grocery shop about 500m down the road for supplies.

Enjoy!

OK - But day spa was terrible!

by TripAdvisor Member lilalaska

My partner and I quite enjoyed our stay at the Novotel. I think he did more than me however because he had never stayed at a resort before.

The room was a bit of a let down - very outdated and the bathroom was a bit dingy and not romantic in the slightest.

The free watersports were fun and my partner spent hours out on a cattamaran on his own just sailing about!

The worst part however was the day spa. We decided to spoil ourselves and have a couples massage. Well they didnt actually ask us what we wanted in a massage so he got a really tough massage that hurt him and I got a soft massage that made me so bored I just wanted to get up and leave! Not only that but the girls doing the massage talked the whole time to each other and sometimes to us. At one stage the both of them just burst out laughing.... which doesnt make you feel good when you're lying half naked and exposed on a massage table. They said they were laughing cause one of them poked a funny face.

Professional? I think not.

Wouldnt recommend this for a romantic getaway and definately avoid the overpriced and unprofessional day spa.

Look elsewhere

by TripAdvisor Member HalidayBrisbane

We spent two nights at the Novotel, and live just over an hour away in Brisbane. This is a large resort, and at the time of our visit was absolutely filled to the gills with guests.

We are a married couple without kids, and this resort does not seem to cater to adults, who should consider Maroochydore or other areas of the Sunshine Coast with more choice of restaurants and activities. Everything is a 15 to 30 minute drive away. The Bar emptied and closed on Friday night at about 10 pm.

The room was tired and laughable, much more a 3 star, with a spa bath in the bathroom with stains that made our skin crawl. It was like a Motel room. The television was very old and small.

We waited to get into the included breakfast for about 10 mins and when seated in the Buffet restaurant (similar to a school dining room) at a wet table with no cutlery and directed to other lines of miserable looking people waiting their turn at the 'slop', we walked out and drove to a Bakery to have a more civilised breakfast.

We basically used the room as a placeto sleep, and drove out first thing in the morning and came back after dinner, and I even suggested to my wife that we should go home early, and do a day trip up to the subshine Coast from home.

The pool area would suit a resort with about 40 to 50 rooms and with 300 odd rooms there should be quite a few more or perhaps one that is a whole lot bigger.

I was glad to have only stayed 2 nights.

Cockroaches, no room service and bad attitudes!

by TripAdvisor Member sandandsnowlover

After complaining direct to management about our disgusting experience at this so called four star resort and receiving a less than satisfactory 'shrug-off', I remembered that I could warn other travellers via this forum. My advice is DON'T BOTHER! My wife and I spent three nights at this hotel on the way home from getting married on a small island in Indonesia, where we found service and facilities far superior to anything offered here. The rooms are old, worn and dark, especially the bathroom, which had cockroaches running all over it. Obviously we reported this immediately and a porter was sent to spray, which had no effect as in the morning we found droppings all over our toothbrushes and toiletries, disgusting!
After a second complaint we were told that the roaches were getting in through a missing seal around the bathtub and someone would be in to fix it, great I love the smell of fresh silicone. This however did not work either, and the formal response from the General Manager was that 'Queensland has cockroaches and it is unavoidable' -Funny, I lived in there most of my life and never had a bathroom infested with them. On the last night we tried to salvage what was left of our honeymoon, arriving back at the hotel at 9.45pm after visiting family in Maroochydore hoping to have something to eat and share a bottle of wine or even just room service, but no! We were told no food or room service was available- I was dumbstruck! I have never stayed in a hotel this size that doesn't offer 24 hour room service, then to add insult to injury, we were told to call Dominos pizza which would take 40 minutes and not exactly appetizing. So no food and no wine to enjoy on the last night of our honeymoon, thanks a lot Twin Waters, this hotel is a disgrace to the accor brand, I would have expected management to offer us something to make up for this disaster which we will always be reminded of when we think of our wedding, however all we got was excuses. They could learn a thing or two from their counterparts in the third world country we came from.

Novotel Twin Waters ResortNovotel Twin Waters Resort