Value Score Great Value!
Good For Business
4 star I dont think so
Hotel was described as four star resort on a lake . It turned out to be a dodgy dog box under a stair well across the road from a lake .
Extremely noisy as said, dog box was constucted from tin ,fibro and pine stud with the omission of any sound deadening .Could hear every movement and door slam from upstairs guests.
Bed made from concrete I suspect.
Car parking was in guest spaces and more of a driving test than a car port .
Also sign saying guests must wash up dishes or be charged a cleaning fee (4 star ???).
What a dive .Do yourself a favour and avoid at all cost as im sure backpackers would be more comfortable .
Unique Quality: Sounded great in the add
Fleas and misleading marketing - DON'T STAY HERE
My husband and I took our 3 year old for a holiday to the Sunshine Coast and bought into the great descriptions of Australis Noosa Lakes both through Wotif.com and on their own website.
However, our expectations and reality were totally opposites. We had a terrible experience so wanted to warn other travellers about these main points:
1. This venue claims to be a Resort, however about from the swimming pools, there is nothing Resort like about this venue - don't believe it!
2. This venue is NOT in Noosaville as claimed, rather in Tewantin, further away from Noosa Heads with no redeeming features at all, and away from the great vibe, features/services and restaurants/cafes of Noosaville.
3. Our apartment had fleas. We finally caught one and delivered it to reception but received no comment.
4. The carpet was stained and lifting, and the couches just felt dirty.
5. Over-bearing cleaning smell upon arrival, which we worked out was to hide the musty-smell that came through after a few days.
6. The kitchen was certainly not fully-equipped as claimed.
7. The air-con was un-usable as smelly and seriously in need to a clean filter.
8. The venue is hardly lake and river frontage as claimed, unlike other accommodation options in Noosaville that do indeed have river frontage. Don't believe the marketing!
9. The apartments have a sign inside stating guests must clean before departure and that a service fee would apply if left dirty. Each apartment is privately owned, and some owners actually live at the venue. This affects the atmosphere/dynamic of the place.
10. Bathroom basin base was rotting.
11. Bathroom fan and vents very dusty and dropped dust into room when used.
12. Expensive wireless internet options.
13. The unheated pools were too cold to enjoy using in April, leaving one pool for all guests to use, and even that didn't seem warm enough.
14. Dangerously hot water in kitchen and bathroom. Water ran extremely hot within seconds making scolding a real risk.
Overall, the place is average motel quality, but with fleas and more expensive! Certainly not resort quality by any standard.
We raised all of these issues with the Hotel Management to no avail. We urge other travellers to avoid staying at Australis Noosa Lakes unless you don't mind being disappointed and having your holiday deflated.
Popular Hotels in Noosa Heads
6 Hastings Street, Noosa, 4567, Australia
12 Robert Street, Noosaville, Noosa, 4566, Australia
2 Halse Lane, Noosa, Sunshine Coast, 4567, Australia
73 Hilton Terrace, Noosaville, Noosa, 4566, Australia
Explore the World
- Grand Southern Hotel
- Alpha Apartments
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay
- Maritim Jolie Ville Golf & Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Vintage House
- Hilton Wilmington Riverside
- Grand Hermitage
- Hotel Beethoven Wien
- Microtel Seaside
- Riverdale Hotel
- Pestana Carlton Madeira
- Angels Resort
- Hiberia Hotel
- Desert Sand Resort