Lake Weyba Cottages

Lake Weyba Cottages Noosa
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Noosa Heads

Noosa Botanic GardenNoosa Botanic Garden

View from the mountainView from the mountain

Cooroy Orchid Society, Spring ShowCooroy Orchid Society, Spring Show

Parking, Some Distance AwayParking, Some Distance Away

Travel Tips for Noosa Heads

Anything Goes

by Emphatic

You can wear pretty much anything, except nothing.
If you are a nudist, there is an unofficial beach about 4 klms walk from the National Park in Noosa named "Alexandra Bay" or "A Bay" as known by us locals. The weather sits mainly in the low 20's but can climb to 30's and drop to the teens at night. The humidity during summer is what knocks you about.
A tip for travellers not used to sun exposure I recommend that you dump a whole bottle of sunscreen on yourself before venturing onto the beach, otherwise you may end up like a cooked lobster.

In Australia there is no common law for tipping so don't feel like you have to tip. However the hospitality industry does work hard and benefit from tips.

Noosa survives mainly on tourism and a little bit of multiculturalism, so there shouldn't be any ratial issues at all. And it will help if you can speak some english, otherwise you may find it hard to order or buy things. However in saying that if you flash cash, people are more than happy to help you spend it.

THREE IN ONE TREE @ TEWANTIN

by balhannah

Just around the corner from the Tewantin Information Centre is the 'THREE IN ONE TREE'

This tree is actually made up of three different Trees. It is signposted, and tells you what three trees. Take the time to go and have a look, it is amazing, because it is nature at work!

Noosa Heads

by PINKLET

"Noosa"

What a beautiful place. If I’d be a rich Aussie, I’d definitely buy my holiday house from here. The sand, the beach, the peaceful atmosphere there, not like crowded city beaches. I could of lied in the sand for hours. I stopped here only for two nights, one before Fraser Island and one after. About 2-3hr form Brisbane if I remember correctly.

Stayed in a really comfortable hostel kind of middle of the places. Almost next to the city (Subway) and close to the beaches (and local shops). Hostel was one store units, so every room has its shower what’s quite nice. There was a pool outside, nice surroundings. Also had a bar/restaurant what doesn’t sound so good to me, but it was located in the main building so no noise came to my room. Quite nice steaks actually. And nice booze also. I decided to just have my steak and then go back to my room, because my bus in the morning was, as usually, going to leave before sunrise. But then my roommates came and one drink turned in to…cant quite remember but enough anyway. While I was having my drinks outside I heard some familiar words and located two Finns sitting in the next table. Well, they don’t live in Finland anymore, but anyways. They left the hostel next day and I left to Fraser, but when I was back to Noosa and waiting my bus to Brisbane I spotted them there, waiting the same bus.

There is really nice walk in the bushes/garden/forest/ but I kind of was too happy lying in the beach to find it out. But I did have map and everything… If you’re going to Fraser Island, Cairns, where ever, I really recommend Noosa to your stop before or after it. I might go back there, if nothing more then just to hang around. Even bought myself a Noosa Heads cap ;o)

Comments