Beaches Hotel

Pool at Port DouglasPool at Port Douglas

Four Mile BeachFour Mile Beach

Weather In Port Douglas durin November December

by marxbros

We will be visiting Port Douglas during the last week in November. How will the weather be during this time? What can we do and what should we not do?

RE: Weather In Port Douglas durin November December

by Anne12

You could get rain in Port Douglas in November, but nothing that will stop you from doing all the sightseeing.It doesn't rain everyday.
You will only be able to swim in the beaches where they have the nets in as this is the start of the stinger season.
That isn't a huge problem as all accommodation have swimming pools.
Port Douglas is one of my most favourite places. If you go to my travel pages and look at Port Douglas pages, Kuranda,Mount Molloy and Daintree you will see lots of pics and things to do.If you have any other questions please just ask:)
Have a wonderful time.
Cheers
Anne

Travel Tips for Port Douglas

Learn how to Scuba Dive!

by ATXtraveler

One of the my favorite things about our trip to Port Douglas was my three scuba dives. I was a first timer, so this was really a phenomenal experience. It was tough to imagine that my first experience with scuba is also in one of the best places in the world to scuba dive, so this was just unbelievable.

My first dive took place on the Quicksilver Platform, after taking instruction from my dive instructor, Richard Murphy. Richard was extremely professional, and was constantly watching his four new divers as they performed the tasks in their first dive. In the picture, you can see him providing us with instructions on how to clear our mask and re-fresh our regulators underwater.

We really enjoyed our time on the bottom, where I actually found Nemo! All the equipment needed was on board the boat, so all you need to do is pay and go!

Snorkling the Great Barrier Reef

by Alain_Smeets

I used a snorkel before in a swimming pool and my biggest problem was always getting water in my mouth, well at the Great Barrier Reef there was one difference. The water was salty and it tasted awful.

But equipped with a scuba mask, a snorkel and fins, you can take on the world, ok at least the Great Barrier Reef. We were at the outer Reef and we could use a floating pontoon as a base to go back to. The snorkel areas where marked by ropes.

The underwater world is so diverse and beautiful that you forget time and distance. A slowly moving current is taking you away from the pontoon and before you know it, you are one hour further and at the edge of the snorkel area.

It's difficult to describe the colours and the fish you see there, but it was one of the highlights of my Australia trip.

Parasailing

by Anne12

This is a fun thing to do. You are pulled along by a speed boat ( at a reasonalbe speed) while are attached to a parachute, you are safely secured in a harness.You leave from the Marina in Port and around off the 4 Mile Beach. You have a birds eye view of the wonderful beach/hills and port.
You can have the choice of being dunked in the water.

The real gateway to the reef and the rainforest

by clueless83

When we were first planning our trip down under we originally intended on going to Cairns because as far as we knew, that was where you had access to the Great Barrier Reef. I would like to thank our travel agent (the fabulous Trailfinders!) for recommending Port Douglas to us. Deciding to go to Port Douglas was probably one of the best decisions we made on our trip.

Port Douglas is about an hours drive away from Cairns. The drive is almost entirely along the coast so you get spectacular views of the sea and the palm trees as you make your way to your hotel. If you are visiting Queensland for the Barrier Reef then I strongly recommend a stay in Port Douglas as this is where the reef trips all depart from (which means you don't get picked up as earlier or dropped off as late on your trip to the reef!).

Port Douglas is a pretty little village which looks like something from a movie set, infact it has been known to attract a few celebrities, one Chinese restaurant proudly displays photographs of Bill Clinton and Kiefer Sutherland in its window. The main street in Port Douglas is Macrossan Street, this is where you will find shops, restaurants, bars, banks and tourist offices.

If your definition of 'wild' is partying until dawn, then go elsewhere but if your idea of 'wild' is to see some of the most amazing natural attractions Australia has to offer then Port Douglas is the place for you!

The Great Barrier Reef

by percy961

"Diving on the Reef"

What a majical day we spent on the reef. I managed to do a couple of dives and was amazed at the variety and superb colors of the underwater wildlife.
I had my first encounter with sharks, as my dive buddy said before the dive "Don't mess with them and they won't mess with you.

The whole expierence was a thrill of a lifetime, if you get the chance, just go for it.

We went out to the reef with The Poseidon tour, the crew could not have been more helfl and thier attitude to safety for the Scuba divers was very good.

Comments