Mai Tai Resort Port Douglas

Lot 78 Rex Range Rd, Cassowary via Port Douglas, Port Douglas, Queensland, 4873, Australia
Mai Tai Resort
Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

More about Mai Tai Resort Port Douglas

Loved Mai Tai. Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member bucklede

We really enjoyed our stay in the Mai Tai resort. The setting is beautiful and the hosts Andre, Anthony, Eros and last but not least the lovely Tara are absolutely fantastic. We were really well looked after and all the advise that we got from our hosts was all spot on! Highly Recommended!

Can't wait to return to Mai Tai

by TripAdvisor Member Solsista

It's been a few years since I've been to Port Douglas and Mai Tai Resort , but as I was approaching this hidden gem I was berating myself for having left it so long.
The owners Anthony and Andre gave me a warm welcome back and were eager to show me the fabulous new property they have since acquired, situated at the bottom of the driveway and complimenting the Resort beautifully.
It means you are spoilt for choice -stay in one of the 4 gorgeous themed suites that make up the original boutique style Resort .. or live in absolute luxury in your own private villa? (a fully
functional, self contained house really).
As this was a bit of a working holiday, I chose the latter which proved to be ideal. The property is truly stunning ! My business partner and I felt right at home in this extremely spacious, clean and tastefully decorated 2 bedroom abode and we were able to workshop our ideas in the full comfort and privacy of our own piece of paradise. The house is well appointed with full kitchen and laundry facilities, everything has been thought of and we were not left wanting. We even made time to enjoy the immaculate tropical garden and plunge pool.
When we did venture out to socialise, we only had to turn to A+A for local knowledge and ideas on the best things to do and how best to do them. They were so helpful and obliging and to me opitimise thoughtful Resort hosts.
So it was with great reluctance that we left our home away from home but I've promised myself I won't be leaving it so long to return to Mai Tai again.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member jma9

This is a great place to stay in great surroundings. Anthony and Andre are great hosts and they supply you with spot on information about the local sites and tours. We stayed in the lotus suite which had an outdoor shower that was very relaxing. The local wildlife is great and the host dogs Tara and Eros are extremely friendly. The views from the breakfast porch are fabulous. Check out Mossman for dinner. Sugar Flames and Mojos are both excellent and the prices are better than nearby Port Douglas. My wife and I stayed and the Cairns Hilton following the stay at Mai Tai Resort and wanted to go back to Mai Tai. Cairns is a tourist trap. Skip it and stay in the Port Douglas area if you can. There are just as many tours and the scenery is MUCH better.

instant relaxation and privacy

by TripAdvisor Member FrankSydney

We have stayed at Port Douglas many times, we try and avoid the large noisy complexes, we like the tropical feel of small hotels and resorts. This trip we couldn't get accomodation at our favourite Pink Flamingo, so where to stay? After much web searching I found Mai Tai Resort, I immediately booked it.
We arrived with high expectations, and we were not let down. As we drove up the steep driveway to the top of the hill, we parked and looked back at the beautiful vista of cane fields, tropical rain forests and Port Douglas in the distance. We were immediately greated by Andre and Anthony and their friendly dogs. We were led to our Orchid Suite, with its huge bed, balinese carved furniture and garden area with our shower, we were immediately excited and fealt at home. Fantastic views, attentive service, relaxed breakfasts, big cuddles from the pets, and the bird life in the tropical gardens made this a fantastic restful (too short) stay.
We look forward to our next visit.

A Gem Indeed: Gracious and Relaxed

by TripAdvisor Member SYNAPSEBoston

We travel extensively and reviewed the Cairns and Port Douglas options for lodging and elected to stay at Mai Tai Resort. The extremely positive reviews are well deserving . The location of the property is striking: situated in the rainforest in between Port Douglas and Mossman . A car really is advantageous as the property is out of the way, and that is what makes the place special.

Andre and Anthony are extremely forthcoming with information and recommnedations on everything from excursions, to dives, to restaurants. One reviewer indicates that it does feel as if you are at someone's home and it has a sort of inn like charm where the innkeepers take great care and interest in the well-being of their guests.

One reviewer indicates that the rooms lacked end tables and this was a bit odd but no big deal. Same reviewer wondered about why amenities like soap were not replaced daily. It was not an issue deal for us as we had not used more than one bar. I suppose Anthony or Andre would have replaced if the soap was gone or spent.

Room was immaculate. Breakfast was a modest continental breakfast and I was unaware until reading some recent reviews that eggs were available . But i did not ask about this.

What makes Mai Tai special is the grace of its innkeepers who take their job seriously and who attend to details as standard fare. We would return in a heartbeat given the chance.

Mai Taipe of holiday

by TripAdvisor Member GoldcoastBeach_luver

It is so refreshing to find a place that stands apart from the average holiday accommodation, and Mai Tai met all our expectations and more. Tired of the same old main street hotel type accommodation, we were looking for something different and luckily, we came across the website and were immediately attracted by the location, privacy and absence of children. We thoroughly enjoyed the company of our hosts Andre and Anthony who were there to meet our every need. Anthony's eggs are sensational, as well as the rest of the breakfast we were treated to each morning. Apart from the very comfortable room and the authentic Asian decor, the wonderful deck provided sensational views of the area and became a popular place for a drink with our hosts and other guests we met during our stay. At the same time, there was plenty of time for privacy in a very romantic setting. The driveway is a challenge, especially staggering up there after an evening of entertainment with our hosts and their guests in the villa below.
Thank you for a wonderful stay. We would highly recommend Mai Tai for anyone seeking a relaxing, romantic and private holiday in a picturesque setting.

Wildlife HabitatWildlife Habitat

A keeper shows us a little crocodileA keeper shows us a little crocodile

Dickson InletDickson Inlet

Soul n' Pepper breakfast menuSoul n' Pepper breakfast menu

Visits to the reef

by MFlanders

There are so many possibilities and so little time. What would be the best way to get to the reef. I would like to snorkel, but my mother is 82 and will probably want to do nothing more than a glass bottom boat.

We are going to be in the Cairns/Daintree/Atherton Tablelands/Townsville area for about 8 days.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide in any of these areas for lodging and viewing.

Re: Visits to the reef

by Robachu1

We used Quicksilver to the Low Isles but for your situation the Outer Reef trip would be perfect. You can snorkel while your mother relaxes and views the reef from the platform.

My Port Douglas page has a little information and a few pictures from our trip.

Re: Visits to the reef

by colin_bramso

Your mother will enjoy it not only from the platform, they also have glass bottom boats, semi-submersibles and an underwater viewing chamber on the pontoon. Sunlover Cruises do too - have a look at www.sunlover.com.au

If you haven't checked it out already, www.pddt.com.au is Port Douglas' site.

Comments