Mantra Heritage Port Douglas Hotel

16 Warner Street, (formerly Outrigger Heritage), Port Douglas, Queensland, 4871, Australia
Mantra Heritage Port Douglas
Orbitz.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Port Douglas

St. Mary's by the SeaSt. Mary's by the Sea

View from our roomView from our room

Daintree RainforestDaintree Rainforest

Dickson Inlet and harbourDickson Inlet and harbour

How far is it from daintree to cape tribulation

by mg1978

Hi guys and girls

haeding up in the middle of november, just wondering how far cape trib is from daintree, I will have a hire vehicle, also some advice on some good spots to go to. any help would be great

cheers

Mark

RE: How far is it from daintree to cape tribulation

by Richard78

I looked up on whereis.com.au (which is a GPS style road map thing online) and it says approx 315km taking just over 4 hours driving time. From the map, it looks like you have to do a loop around the forest to the Cape as there is no direct route.

RE: How far is it from daintree to cape tribulation

by didgeridorien

4 hours are about right. On the way over, you can go to the Mossman Gorge and take a Croc Cruise on the Daintree River.

Travel Tips for Port Douglas

Why going to the Reef?

by Alain_Smeets

A day at the Reef is something totally different then what I did before. While you are snorkelling in salty water of the Ocean, you see the coral floating by. Exploring the underwater beauty of the Reef is an amazing experience.

There was also a semi sub that showed us the underwater world. You sit in this boat and you have some glass windows to see the life in the Ocean.

If you want you can also do a dive initiation and do a short excursion to the ocean floor or fly over the Reef in a helicopter.

That last one I did also and it's amazing. A day at the Reef is a day that you will never forget, I had some much impressions coming towards me that day, that gave me memories I will cherish.

You will never forget the coloured underwater world.

Sunbathing on the 4 Mile Beach

by backpackerbaby

4 Mile Beach is the major attraction of Port Douglas. Lucky me, on the only day I spent there, it was sooo cloudy. I could just enjoy (ok, tried to enjoy) walking on the soft white sand with my newly met Danish roommate.

.... that's the only day I planned to take a whole-day sunbath.... ..... I really needed some luck with the weather!

Sunday Market

by sue_stone

Each Sunday in Port Douglas the whole town turns out for a shop and a browse in the weekly market. It is located in Anzac Park, by the inlet, from 8am-12noon each Sunday.

The market sells a very good range of items. My parents always buy lots of fresh fruit and veggies there, along with honey and jams. The bananas are said to be the best in the area and always good value. You can always find various tasty treats to snack on while you browse.

There are plenty of stalls selling all sorts of arts and crafts - last time I was there I was quite taken with some bright modern paintings. You can stop off for a foot massage or how about getting a temporary tattoo along the way.

The market is one of the highlights of a visit to Port Douglas - it has such a community feel about it. Even Alex liked it, and he doesn't 'do' markets ; )

Catamarans/canoes

by Anne12

When you are on the 4 mile beach there is a hire place that you can hire Catamarans and canoes to have a play on the water.

They also have umbrellas, lounges, spades and buckets for the little ones.

Tropical Paradise

by lovinoz

"Port Douglas in 2002"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please visit the separate travelogue below to read about our more recent trip to Port Douglas in August 2004 for our wedding.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rob & I went to Port Douglas for five days in 2002. We stayed at the Archipelaego Apartments which were comfortable and the manager was helpful with booking our dive trip. The hotel was less than a block from the beach and walking distance to everything in town including a dozen great restaurants. One night we saw the cane toad races at a pub, which shouldn't be missed if you get the chance.

"Great Barrier Reef in 2002"

We decided to do an all day dive trip out to the Great Barrier Reef with Poseidon Cruises which were moderately priced with gear hire ($195 for two dives or $210 for three). There were only about 60 people on board with six guides/divemasters so it was a good ratio. The three spots we dived were pretty good visibility but there was not quite the abundance of life we were expecting. We did see a huge colorful clam, a 4-foot reef shark (25 ft away - not interested in us), and we held a big sea cucumber. Saw lots of parrotfish. Photos will be uploaded soon.

"The Daintree Rainforest in 2002"

All you can say about this place is WOW! The gorgeous mountains covered with dark green foliage is such an amazing place for nature lovers. Speaking from experience, I don't recommend driving a VW Beach Buggy through there though ... since its a top-less car ... and the Daintree is a RAINforest ... ;) It was a great adventure though! We also drove up to Cape Tribulation which was beautiful, serene, and deserted ... next trip we will definitely spend a couple days up there. It would be a wonderful place to camp and find secluded beaches ...

Comments