11, Mission Circle, Mission Beach, 4852, Australia
Agoda.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Licuala Lodge

Great breakfast and hosts

Fab place - really quiet and away from the hustle and bustle, and just a couple of ks away from the shops.

Great pool and beautiful gardens.

Sue makes the best breakfast in all Queensland - try the Full Monty, and you'll also get a mention on their website. Nothing seems too much trouble for Sue or Mick - perfect hosts. And they'll happily join you on the verandah for a barbie and a few glasses of plonk.

Rooms and bathroom are spotless - something that I always look out for.

Two days not enough !!

Plenty to do at Mission Beach including a great day out at the Reef - a lot cheaper than trips from Cairns, and not as crowded. And for a really great evening meal try Blarneys.

Ideal Getaway

The Licuala Lodge is the ideal getaway. Tucked in the midst of the rainforest, it offers just the right combination of comfort, hospitality, good food and convenience in a beautiful, remote setting completely removed from the hustle and bustle of everday life. Everyone should visit Queenslands at some point in their life, and when they do, they should stay at the Licuala Lodge, where Mick and Sue will provide spotless rooms and a good breakfast, as well as a good dose of humor and answers to any and all touristy questions you could possibly have.

Very Relaxing Place

I stayed at the Lodge for five days, and even though the weather was not very good (march is the rainy season in North Queensland !!) there was plenty to do in Mission Beach.
Lots of walking trails - Mick was very kind to drive me to the walks and I caught the local bus back, which actually dropped me off right outside the Lodge. I didn't go to the reef from here purely because the owners said that the weather was not too good so I would be better off going to the reef from the Whitsundays - providing that the weather was oK there. A refreshing change to actually tell the truth rather than just pack you off on another day trip.

I like birdwatching and there is plenty of that at the Lodge - including the amazing cassowary. I was lucky enough to see both the female and male at very very close quarters.

The thing that I liked about Licuala Lodge is that it is very informal and everyone who stays there quickly gets to talking with each other, especially over breakfast and also in the evening when everyone was happy to have an Aussie BBQ. Great conversation all round.

The Lodge is an excellent place for relaxation - the gardens are magnificent. Certainly the best B and B I have stayed in so far on my travels in Oz.

Great stay despite Larry

This was our final stay in Australia and it proved to be one of the best despite the fact that cyclone Larry had been through some three weeks earlier.

Mick and Sue were great hosts, in between working very hard on restoring their garden back to what it was. They still had plenty of time to sit and talk with us about our holiday.

The pool was magnificent - a great waterfall feature which puts other pools to shame.

Would have liked to stay longer.

And Mission Beach looks as though it has fully recovered from cyclone Larry. Anyone looking for a quiet and relaxing time should include Mission Beach and Licula Lodge.

best all round b&b!

We were a large party, 3 adults and 4 children, staying for 5 nights. For me, there was nothing that could have been improved on at Licuala Lodge! The rooms are clean, comfortable and attractive. The pool is fun and great for adults and children. The surroundings are beautiful. The facilities at Licuala Lodge are perfect, sitting room, cooking and washing facilities, space to sit and walk around. Above all, the owners are well informed about their locality, friendly and great to sit with after enjoying their delicious breakfasts! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this b&b, and will definately be returning myself.

The best B&B in Queensland and beyond.....probably!

by TripAdvisor Member Cal-in-Sydney

This is a fabulous B&B and we cannot recommend it highly enough! We arrived to fresh tea and coffee with cake, followed quickly by a large glass of red wine! (yum!) The family rooms are lovely....spacious and very clean. Mick & Sue are wonderful hosts that make you feel so welcome and that nothing is too much trouble. There are those extra special touches that we have not seen before at a B&B including a breakfast that surpasses those found at a 5 star hotel, (you've got to try Sue's bacon, egg & cheese toastie-things), shelves full of soft drinks and beer in the fridge that you can just help yourself to, a very inviting swimming pool, a lush tropical garden (now lovingly restored after Cyclone Larrie) and your own pet Cassowary (well ok the Cassowary is not yours to take home but is very cute as she wanders around the gardens providing plenty of photo opportunities!) We will certainly go back to this very special tropical paradise!

wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member faird0s

Wonderful place with the perfect setting and superb hosts in Sue and Mick. Want the rainforest, relaxation, fab breakfast, spotless accommodation of a high standard, this undoubtledly the place to go. Add to this a great pool, free beer/coffee/tea/soft drinks all day and you have the perfect holiday.

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member ozchick007

Recently arrived home from a trip, travelling up through Queensland.
Stayed 2 nights at Licuala Lodge, the setting in the rainforest is absolutely amazing and very beautiful, really at home with nature.
Mick and Sue are fantastic hosts, helping out all the guests with trips and anything they might need or want to know about. Mick picked me up from the bus stop when I arrived and gave me a lift down the road into town in the evening, nothing is too much trouble!
The rooms at Licuala Lodge are immaculate, really pleasant and relaxing, these were the best nights sleep I had during my entire trip!
I highly reccomend Licuala Lodge it was the nicest, most enjoyable accomodation I had the pleasure to stay at, well worth a visit for a relaxing, 'get away from it all' stay.

Fantastic!

5 Bottles of Wine Later

by TripAdvisor Member chrislorraine

Both me and my wife were on our honeymoon travelling Queensland. We both stayed at many resorts but this was by far the best place we had stayed. Complete paradise, very calming with the tropical garden and wild life, very clean through the hard work of Mick and Sue. They were both fantastic hosts where nothing was too much trouble. We arrived to champaign and choclates in our fridge to celebrate our marriage and then were invited over for a few bottles of wine. Mick was always happy to book our activities and Sue wasn't happy till our bellies were full from her fantastic home made muffins and breakfast. We will certainly stay for more than two days next time. This truely is one place you would love to go to get away from it all.

Relaxing and enjoyable!

by TripAdvisor Member vivians

Relaxing and enjoyable are the most accurate terms for the Licuala Lodge. It's the first time we've ever stayed 10 days at one place and it went too fast! My husband and I totally loved our stay, from the quiet locale, pleasant surroundings, friendly, helpful and witty hosts, amusing cassowarys and uncrowded beautiful beach and neat pool. If that's what someone would like for a vacation spot, we totally recommend the Licuala Lodge, if for no reason else but for Sue's biscuits and the free beer!

Comments