Stanthorpe Hotels

Our Members Say

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 11588

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Country Style tourist park is a campground, Caravan park, has on-site vans, and Motel Units.
As we had our own Caravan, we had a powered site.
The park was run down, needed attention to make it very nice. I really think it was too much for the husband and wife team to look after. They were a nice couple, quite helpful on what things to see and do. I picked up my free map, and was on my way! If you need to book a tour, then just visit the office.

The Park was dry, this was to be expected as water was in short supply because of lack of rain.
The facilities were ok, although I don't think the showers were cleaned one day. There were two sets of amenities blocks which was really good. The on-site shop has the basics, and there is a is a public telephone at the entrance to the park and an internet cafe. The park was full of Taiwanese Backpackers, so I imagine the prices would be good for them to be staying there.

Being located well back from the New England Highway was great, hardly any noise to be heard. In the afternoons, the Kangaroos came and fed, and in the mornings, it was the Parrots.
What I did like about the park, was the beautiful setting where the Severn River was dammed. You could go fishing here, I just walked down and sat and enjoyed the serenity of this area.
This was the nicest part of the park. The Camp Kitchen was near the area, quite a pleasant spot to enjoy your meals.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Camping, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written November 14, 2012
Tip Photo

Beautiful setting

• kikoprincess profile photo kikoprincess
  • Reviews: 7

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

high street motel: high street motel

It is straight off the highway, first motel you hit in town. Clean and serviced daily at only $95 for a family room. Bargain stay with tea and coffee making facilities. Only downfall is no microwave.
There is also a restaurant located in the motel and it has a all you can eat salad bar for $16. Not bad at all for a small town.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average