Courtyard Surfers Paradise Resort

Corners Surfers Paradise Boulevard & Hanlan Street, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, 4217, Australia
Hotel Grand Chancellor Surfers Paradise
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Courtyard Surfers Paradise Resort

Great Location, Great Price!

by TripAdvisor Member Touring-Traveller

We went to this hotel in February and I loved it - best hotel I have stayed at for location and value! We were upgraded to a lovely Ocean View room with a large balcony which was great to sit on at dusk and watch the sun go down over the waves!

THe location is fantastic in the heart of everything whcih is very important to me!

However, the negatives are as follows - I agree that the foyer area to the hotel looks a bit tired but I thought our room was lovely. The service was good, although one of our swipe cards had to be replaced twice because it stopped working, the lifts would often take FOREVER to pick you up from your floor as the hotel seemed to be full and they could not keep up. Car parking is very hard to come by in the hotel car park but youar e able to park for free in the public area of the car park if you can't find a park. There is no lift from car park to foyer but it is only one flight of stairs. The buffet breakfast was good, however, we ate the seafood buffet in the restaurant one night and were very disappointed it hardly had any seafood and the food quality was pretty ordinary.

The pool area was nice enough but I guess if all you wanted to do was laze by a pool all day you could find better. However, if you are like me and want to be out and about with the evenings afternoons spent relaxing back at the hotel and surrounding area then this is the location for you!

I should say we got a very reasonable rate on this hotel and had friends who stayed in a slightly more expensive hotel which was terrible compared to ours in terms of location and overall quality - they were extremely disappointed when they saw our place.

So overall for value for money and location I do not think you can beat this hotel (I have stayed at the coast at least 50 times in my life) and from now on I will be looking to go back to this hotel!

Good location, good value

by TripAdvisor Member westwilshire

This Courtyard is fine for the money. As mentioned by others, it's maybe in the era of needing a little renovation, but it's adequate. The room was big, they gave us a suite, not sure if all the rooms are that big. We enjoyed the view, ate breakfast out on the balcony. The staff was nice. Parking is free. It's in a shopping mall which was a bit too busy, but for the price, it was fine.

Hated It

by TripAdvisor Member None123456789

DUMP, with a capital D! We were so disappointed that we cut our trip short by a day, paid to change our flight reservations and headed to Melbourne. The keys never worked in the door, the chair was broken, it just seem dirty. Stay somewhere else.

Troubled Times For The Gold Coast's Best Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Daman1992

We have stayed at this resort countless times and this by far has been the worst. Small problems from previous trips have amounted to major problems at this hotel. Here are some of the problems at the hotel

-The Hotel is serviced by 5 Lifts (3 Major ones and 2 Minor Service Elevators). They are fast but it can take up to ten minutes for one to arrive. Sometimes they get confused when you get in and they don't move. It can be pretty scary but they open as soon as you press the open button. also the buttons are touch activated and one time an old guy leant on the buttons and the next thing we knew each button was pressed. we stopped at 32 levels before reaching the ground.

-The Keycards have never been a problem but for this trip they were. they have been wiped and wiped over and over again and it took 20-30 times for it to work. it wasn't just my keycard, all the other guests i spoke with had the same problem. we got them changed over a few times but it didn't help.

I understand that the hotel is going to be undergoing a major renovation soon and it will be brand new after that. The hotel is in a terrific location just 20m from Cavill Ave and 100m from the Beach. The staff were awesome, they just didn't have any control over the problems we had.

Dont waste your pennies!

by TripAdvisor Member Aussie_chick21

Oh my god where do I start....
My fiance and I have just come back from the Gold Coast a few days ago and the first hotel we stayed at was called Breakfree Wings resort which was beautiful! the service was great the pool was clean and the room had everything we needed. On our last night on the GC we chose to stay at Courtyard Mariott as we thought the seafood buffett would be nice and the hotel looked pretty good on the pics, BUT once we got into the lift we noticed that the hotel is quite ancient. The decor is like walking into a 60's motel room! it was that daggy. the room was small (24th Level) the bathroom had a shallow bath with toilet. the beds were slightly uncomfortable, the tv was ment to have had pay tv on it but nup no deal. No pay tv movies. Swimming pool is tragic! we were looking forward to a dip in the old pool but when we saw it ...oh my god its really seriously old fashioned. It needs new tiling or something. When we were going out into reception apparently someone made a complaint that the spa was cold. Honestly if your desperate for accomodation i wouldnt stay here. I only stayed for one night and I couldnt wait to leave! oh yeah and the seafood buffett is about 6 platters and thats it. breakie buffet wasnt too bad as they had a bit of selection.

Dont even bother

by TripAdvisor Member traveller365

Terrible hotel, we stayed there for 2 nights second week of november
Furniture in a real need of change, below average bathroom, we had the shower curtains in our bathroom from the ramada, and towels from the paradise resort. The absolute pits was that there is a charge of 5 dollars per day to use the inroom safe, a first for me. Only thing good is the location, which is in the thick of things but which I found a little too noisy. Checked out on 2 days and went and stayed in the Outrigger suncity resort.

Adequate

by TripAdvisor Member AndrewCrown

I stayed here for two weeks whilst house hunting. I urge you not to expect too much, for the price its ok. The Courtyards are a value brand and not luxury. It is all a bit basic. Get an upgraded room and you'll have plenty of space and they are generally pretty clean. Breakfasts are excellent but I didn't try eating there in the evening, the bar looked sterile. Room service food was brilliant, it was always prompt with a good choice. The keys don't work terribly reliably.
The convenience of the location and secure parking make this a good stopover, just be realistic on your expectations.

Expected Better for an Aussie hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Green'nGold

The hotel was not what we expected, considering that it is a 4 1/2 star hotel it was well below par; especially for the price per night!

NEGATIVES
* The rooms were small
* The lifts were too slow
* Gym equipment needs upgrading
* Pool needs to come up to standard in terms of new tiling.
* layout of bathroom in relation to the mini bar was too close.
* Bathroom was too small

POSITIVES:
* Concierge were great
* Reception/cleaning staff were nice and friendly.
* Great location

This is not a hotel that I would stay in again, unless I was desperate!

Fantastic location

by TripAdvisor Member AJSG

My family and I (husband 2 teens) spent 3 nights Jan 1-4 2007.
We were scared after reading the reviews but booked anyways.
We had a pleasant stay in an ocean view room. The decor of the room was dated but clean and new carpet. The view from the balcony was amazing. The hotel is one of the best situated in Surfers Paradise and would no hesitate to stay there again.

Average hotel in great location

by TripAdvisor Member coxy2006

Location was fantastic with great sea views and helpful staff

Hotel itself is looking very much past its best, room itself was pretty shabby, pool/gym area was poor and was very expensive (due to it being peak season)

Surfers ParadiseSurfers Paradise