Mantra Legends Hotel Gold Coast

Gold Coast Hwy & Laycock, (Formerly "Legends Hotel"), Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, 4217, Australia

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Standing tall among the highrises

The Mantra Legends Hotel stands sentinel over some stunning coastal scenery - if a bit in the shadow of big neighbour QI. We opted for a beachfront room, rather than the Hinterland view, and luxuriated in the evening wonderland of twinkling lights all the way to Coolangatta! There is nothing more refreshing early in the morning than seeing the sparkling sun glinting off the rolling waves of the Pacific Ocean.

Our double room was well appointed with TV, bedside lamps, a bar fridge, en-suite bathroom, and - of course - the small balcony. Left the sliding door wide open during the night and we were far enough from the madding crowd not to be disturbed by the possibility of drunken yobbos making a racket from the road.

We were fortunate in arriving a bit early and booked in quick and painless. However, we did notice a lengthening cue as 3pm approached.

Opted for the seafood buffet at Fables Restaurant and was frankly a bit disappointed. While edible it did not even approach the wow factor. The seafood smorgasbord at the Edward Hotel on Durban's beachfront belts the living daylights out of Fables!

Unique Quality: The views and location.
    Enjoyed joining some Kiwis to watch the Springbok vs All Black game on television in the lounge around midnight. Don't know that the Kiwis enjoyed it so much...

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

A Suite With Sea View

We booked our accommodation through the internet and were pleased with our suite on the 10th Floor with ocean views from the dining room and balcony, and a view from our bedroom. The suite was in good condition and had everything we needed. We could have cooked meals in the kitchen but preferred to dine out and only used the kitchen for breakfast.
    The highlight of the room was the views, but this is a 4.5 star hotel and has everything you expect, large swimming pool, several dining areas, underground security parking, internet facility, coin operated laundromat etc etc.
    Centrally located it is only a few hundred metres to the beach, and the restaurant, cafe and shopping area.
    We enjoyed our 2 night stay. Our room cost was Au$150 per night in total.

Directions: Located in the heart of Surfers Paradise.

• traceandjase's Profile Photo

Legends Hotel close to everything!!

Location! location! This hotel certainly has it.
    The hotel itself was great, staff were prompt and friendly and facilties were very good.
    We had an one bedroom apartment, which had a kitchenette, which was fine for most of our stay. Although there is a significant difference to a kitchen (bar fridge instead of full, convection oven/microwave & two burner cooktop). It was fine but all just a little squashy compared to some of the other places we've stayed.
    There was no included laundry but coin operated machines on one of the levels.
    Facilities include; a beautiful pool, Bar & restaraunt, internet (inc. wireless), gym (not much equipment, but did have sauna and steam room). Also attached to the complex was another two resturants & gift shops.
    The location is great, 2 blocks from Cavill Ave (one of the main shopping/party/touristy/eating strips), 1 block from the beach & lots of touristy things to do within 1 - 3 blocks (Q1, Rippleys, mini golf, bungy jumping etc.).
    A couple of things which could annoy some, the carpark can get very full over the weekend. Staff are quite happy to park your car in their 'reserve' car park for you and collect it. Parking is free in their undercover carpark so it wasn't a big problem. Also it is a place where lots of tour groups come a go. So the foyer can be full of tour groups at various times during the day & night. Also the doors are quite thin so sometimes not so considerate guests can be a bit noisy. Overall it is a pretty good place to stay.

Unique Quality: Everything there was pretty good, not 5 star but still pretty good. I guess the price also reflects that. What they did they did well but it wasn't top of the range. One of many hotels in the area, this one of the more modern (within the last 10 years).

Directions: 2 streets south of Cavill Ave

• Kilfane's Profile Photo

Value for Money 4* Hotel in the Winter

I pay a measly $150 SGD for a night and I got a luscious twin room that can easily accommodate 3-4 people with a seaview to boot. I am facing the breath-taking view of the Great Pacific Ocean.

Rooms comes with an intercontinental buffet breakfast for 2. And the buffet breakfast is definitly intercontinental. You can choose from poached tomatoes with chess to bacon and scrambled eggs to miso soup with sashimi. Tell me that that is not continental.

Unique Quality: There is gym facilities, an outdoor pool with a great tanning deck for the Paradise sun. Rooms with great view of the ocean. A locked carpack with security. And 5 minutes walk from either the beach or shopping area and food street. Hey what else can you ask for?

Directions: It is along the Gold Coast Highway, you cannot miss it

More about Mantra Legends Hotel Gold Coast

Really nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Oz23

We've stayed at this hotel several times over the past 12 months. Each time we've enjoyed our stay without any problems. Location is excellent - close to beach and town centre. The hotel and rooms are quite modern. Most rooms seem to have a small kitchen, which is really handy. All staff we encountered have been very friendly and helpful. Pool is large and maintained well. Only minor downside is that it is a fairly large property (400+ rooms). Therefore it can be expected that you may need to wait while checking in/out at peak times. The lobby is also usually quite crowded and the pool area and other facilities can be crowded.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member muzzanz1

This hotel was in a great location, although there was a couple of issues that bothered me.

The beds in our unit were rather short, me being 5 foot 10 inches struggles to keep my feet in the bed. The beds were doubles but are shorter to what I am used to in New Zealand.

The rooms apart from the beds was good, but had trouble whilst showering to have to fight with the shower curtain to keep it down.

The Restaurant was great and the food wonderful, but the service could be improved as there was 5 staff on, who seemed more interested in setting Breakfast, rather than looking after the guests who are dining for dinner.

Hotel overall is a great place.

Would stay again.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Scottiboy

Having stayed at the hotel for the final 3 nights of a 3 week holiday we were not dissapointed.

The rooms are well decorated and are a good size, with a small functional kitchen area if you so desire. The most impressive aspect of the rooms are the views from the floor to ceiling windows and the balcony (we had paid slightly more for an ocean view room and it was definately worth it, higher floors are spectacular).

The food was adequate if not spectacular and the service in the restaurant could be improved, but we only ate breakfast in the hotel so it is maybe difficult to judge the standard of the food on that alone.

The location is where the hotel definately comes into its own with a short stroll to both the beach and the centre of surfers there is no shortage of things to doo.

All round a solid hotel and i would recommend it to others.

Absolute Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member MissLPoly

To be honest I was backpacking at the time so I wasn't expecting the earth but my travelling buddy and I fancied a treat, and it was at a bargain price for 3 nights so we couldn't resist Legends, and legendary it was!
Fantastic location, only a short walk from the bus station and literally down a short road to the beach. The shops were fantastic and only a few minutes walk away. And across the road from the hotel was the best pancake place ever!
The hotel itself was amazing, we were up on the 18th floor so the view was fantastic, the river sparkled in the sunshine.
Staff were very friendly, had a rather straping young man carry our bags and the food there was delish!
Even though we didn't use the pool it did look lovely, well mantained and very inviting.
The room had everything we needed (including minibar!).
The entire stay was faultless!!!!! 10/10 - this has to be the best hotel I've ever stayed in!

Great - Best Deal You Will Get for the Price You Pay!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ana_bananica

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for 1 week as a bit of a break before getting back into work and study during the gold coast's peak tourist season in January.
I booked our stay online and honestly wasnt expecting much for the price I payed. However I was pleasantly surprised, what I got was a comfortable room, with air conditioning so cold its like your in a freezer! I opened our blinds and had a beach view (totally unexpected! for the price) Although the balcony was pretty small.
Night life is awesome! And your right in the middle of it, almost all clubs are in walking distance - this is not to say that the hotel is noisy, because it couldnt be more peaceful. You'll meet people from all over the world when out (all tanned & beautiful), the clubs are very touristy and laidback. Although I prefer to get dressed up and generally wear heels when going out, take my advice and wear dressy sandals/ flats of some sort - given that your at a beach the dress code is again very casual. Like every hotel around the world, the room service is extremely expensive and not recommended. Your better off going for a stroll to cavill av the heart of surfers paradise - where you'll find many eateries from fast food to gormet restaurants. The hotel has a asian restaurant on ground level - it was full every night of our stay however we didnt eat there - given that it was so busy I can only assume that it would be good?
There is also guest parking should someone come to visit you and you can also park your car under the hotel free of charge. Your bed is made daily and fresh towels provided. I even found that the maids would neatly fold any clothes that were on the bed.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, I was hesitant to complain about my pillow which was too hard for my liking but the maid returned with 3 for me to choose from and assured me that she was just doing her best to ensure I got the best nights sleep!
Although the beach here is I think THE BEST IN THE WORLD and practically a few meters from the hotel, the hotel pool is absolutely fantastic if you dont want to walk outside or deal with breeze & sand. Pool side bar has some wonderful cocktails... the daquaris are enormous and chocolate bounty cocktail is to die for! served with a giant strawberry and chocolate sauce - highly reccommended!
If you want to go shopping, theres shops on cavill avenue or the larger shopping centres pacific fair and australia fair (pac fair in my opinion is the better of the two) there is also harbour town which is a short drive away, where you'll find discount stores - not crappy cheap clothes but labels like ralph lauren, morresy and oroton etc. (check out their website).
There's also endless activities you can do, play minigolf, go to dreamworld, movie world or sea world. The best thing in my opinion is simply going for a stroll or jog along the beach - its so resfreshing either morning or night.
The guests of the hotel range from teenagers, couples, families and retired people. I think anyone of any age would find their stay at legends plesant and want to come back again - I know I cant wait until my next summer break!!!

False advertising, bad experience all around.

by TripAdvisor Member dazgm

Promised ocean views and could hardly see the ocean and we had to pay an extra $20 a night for the ocean views. We could barely see the ocean upon paying the extra money. The hotel is nestled behind other high rises, making it hard to see ocean. Upon arrival we were screamed at by rude concierge. The website tells you that they have satellite tv. You only get access to this satellite tv if you pay about $17 per movie!!! The only channells you get are the normal free to air television. The bed was hard and very uncomfortable. Like sleeping on carpet. Apart from this it was a very nice looking hotel. We paid extra for the king spa room, and we were really disappointed. We feel like we have been mislead and ripped off. There are much better hotels for the same price. Not worth it!

Comments