Q Resorts Itara Apartments Townsville

1-15 Sporting Drive, Townsville, 4817 QLD, Australia
Itara Apartments Townsville
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Townsville

Magnetic Island - View from Hawkings PointMagnetic Island - View from Hawkings Point

War MemorialWar Memorial

A Townsville eveningA Townsville evening

Susent on the Great Barrier ReefSusent on the Great Barrier Reef

Travel Tips for Townsville

Jogging up Castle Hill

by MikeAtSea

When I was driving up Castle Hill I saw hundreds of joggers making their way up the hill. A scenic yet hard way to train. Water fountains of drinking water can be found on top of the hill.
Just remember the run is along the road, traffic is not busy but one has to watch out for cars and busses.

Anzac Memorial Park

by ettiewyn

The Anzac Memorial Park is located at the Strand, so if you walk down there, you will come across it. The main memorial is 25 feet high and made of granite blocks and marble. There are plates with names and quotations to remember the dead.
For me, this is always an incident to stop and pay my tribute to the men who died so far away from their homes for causes that had nothing to do with them.

Terrific Townsville

by amandajayne81

"My first visit to Northern Queensland"

This was my first visit to the tropical north. I left southern Queensland and its below freezing night time temperatures and arrived in a place were shorts and shirts in July were nearly too hot-fabulous I say. Not sure if I will be as keen to visit in the middle of summer as I think the weather might be too warm for me.

Great city that is developing and I think it will only get better over the next few years. Would be nice to live there and a great destination for holidays.

My visit only lasted 3 nights and I am keen to return and see a few more of the sights that I missed.

Townsville Page

by derats

I believe we have more than one home, Townsville is my second home, as this is were my family lives. I regularly visit my parents, also my brother and his family. I can not return to Australia without staying here
If you want the sun, sand and palm trees of a tropical destination without too much tourist glitz, Townsville is the location you have been seeking. There is no shortage of things for the visitor to do and Townsville offers the best of both worlds, combining the lure of the tropics with the excitement and convenience of a major city.

Located on the north-eastern coast of Australia, Townsville and its twin city Thuringowa form the unofficial capital of North Queensland and one of the fastest growing regions in Australia. Situated on Ross Creek and overlooked by the 290m-high Castle Hill, Townsville is a thriving metropolis.

Comments