On The Beach Holiday Apartments

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about On The Beach Holiday Apartments

Scenic Beachfront Holiday Park

by AusPinay about Werri Beach Holiday Park

This holiday park is not surprisingly very popular as it is beachfront and I have made sure we get a truly beachfront cabin.

We were not disappointed! We could hear the waves at our balcony and we could even see the picturesque sand dunes and of course the ocean waves! The only downside was the weather- it was too windy, sunny but still cool. However this did not stop the boys from going to the beach! I was happy enough to enjoy the spectacular waves and the lovely views as far as the eyes could see! It was October, start of spring school holiday and this part of the south coast was really cold and windy but still magical.

Our self contained cabin has two bedrooms, with tv, well stocked kitchen (for utensils and appliances), not that I cooked often! We have a spa in the bathroom though the kids always enjoy playing at the resort's pool and games room. There is als oa kids' club which the boys joined once just for a fedw hours and then the remaining days they decided they were too old for the activites!

There is also a good kiosk/cafe for lovely steak rolls/sandwiches, meat pies, ice cream, etc. We had a most enjoyable and relaxed stay in this place! Our two bedroom cabin aptly called BEACH HOUSE was everything (almost) we could wish for- self- contgained accommodation with a good size fridge, microwave, oven, stovetop and all the utensils and cooking equipment, plus there is a spa/jacuzzi in thje huge bathroom.

I said almost as we were hoping to have wireless coverage for our laptops, hubby and I both took ours to this trip! At least the kids can still watch movies in the computer's DVD. The cabin has a moderate sizde tv and we were able to borrow for free some movies we have not seen before from the resort's reception. Sadly, there was no wireless coverage around there.

There are also no Mac Donalds in town or any other fast food chain.

Beach holiday options in the Brisbane area

by amandajayne81

This was a reply to a tip asking about beach holiday options in the Brisbane'ish' area for people not so interested in clubbing but keener to enjoy dining out and walking etc.

For a more relaxed holiday on the Sunshine Coast I prefer Caloundra and even around as far as Golden Beach or Pelican Waters. Google Sunshine Coast accommodation and you will get many choices. Mooloolaba isn't too bad with lots of great places whilst Maroochydore/Alexandra Headlands is getting fairly 'nightclubby' but still great to see. You will enjoy any of those places and probably the order I have listed in goes from cheapest to more expensive areas although you will find a variety in all of the destinations.
Caloundra is about an hour from Brisbane and Maroochydore probaby another hour with Mooloolabah in between.

The Gold Coast is about a similar distance below Brisbane and goes right to the NSW border. Cooloongatta is probably the best and cheapest area on the Gold Coast but my pick is more the Sunshine Coast. Both coast have shopping, fishing, beaches and walking in abundance plus HEAPS more if you do get more energetic and both focus heavily on tourism and advertising so I won't recommend much you will be show all your option on many websites and once you arrive there also.

Possibly less touristy (but still touristy if you know what I mean) and possibly cheaper is the Byron Bay/Ballina area about 2-2.5 hours south of Brisbane into NSW. Byron Bay was known for being very alternative but I think this is getting less and less.

I think all of these locations will suit you well and I would recommend staying with chain hotels in all the places for guaranteed comfort but that said many of the 'individual' places will be equally nice. Let me know if you would like any more advice specific to each location.

February will be a nice time to visit but will still be quite warm. Have a great time.

Beaches and reefs

by wuzel109

If reef is what you want to see, the perhaps Lady Musgrave or Heron Island might suit - both are south of Mackay - kick off from Gladstone for Herron Island and from Bundaberg for Lady Musgrave. There you can walk off the beach and onto coral.

There is some coral in places at the Whitsundays, but for the best coral in the area take a catamaran trip to the outer reef.

Sunshine Coast (Caloundra to Maroochydore)and Bryon Bay are good surfing beach holiday alternatives to the Gold Coast. Surfer's Paradise has never lived up to it's name and is very touristy ( and rather tired last time I checked, about 2 years ago)- the best beaches are at the southern end of the Gold Coast - Currumbin, Burleigh Heads and Coolangatta all have more picturesque beaches, and better surf for surfboards.

If you like national parks and waterfalls, then daytrips inland from both the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast have plenty to offer, though I think the Gold Coast ones are slightly better.

Gold Coast Options

by amandajayne81

This was a forum answer to a Question asking about the best areas to stay at the Gold Coast.

I have spent many weekends at the Gold Coast.

We have stayed in Coolangatta and it has a more relaxed feel than Surfers Paradise. If you are only after a beach holiday with a little bit of shopping then Cool/Tweed Heads is your best bet. They are also nice and close to the airport.

I have never stayed at Main Beach or South Port.

Currumbin is more toward the southern end of the Gold Coast and would give you a similar vacation to Coolangatta although the main tourist attraction - the Currumbin bird sanctuary is very good. Worth seeing.

We tend to stay at Broadbeach or Surfer's Paradise to be in the middle of the shopping, near the casino, near Cavill Avenue and within a short drive to SeaWorld. Dreamworld, Wet n Wild and Movie World are quite a drive further north (probably 20mins maybe??). There is public transport. Very few people stay up near those attractions. Most either stay in the Surfer's area or in Brisbane and just travel.

I hope that has been of some help.
Have a great trip.

Campsites between Fremantle and Rockingham

by nettie12

Hi, does anyone know of any Campsites between Fremantle and Rockingham? If not, what is it like for wild camping in that area - or is it too built up?
Thanks

RE: Campsites between Fremantle and Rockingham

by Purpleshade

Hi, I live in Rockingham and work in Fremantle. It's definately too built up for wild camping but every day I pass a site called Coogee beach holiday park, about 10 mins drive south of Freo on the Rockingham road. A big site by the beach with a fishing jetty, shop, BBQ areas and nature walks. it has a website. There is also Fremantle Holiday village which is just on the edge of town(not by the beach). Regards Lesley

November-temperatures

by harrietholiday

Hi, I have 10 days to go somewhere from November 16-till 27th. a girl friend and I are looking for somewhere warm beach/nightlife and interesting sights.
Where would be the best place to visit around that time in New Zealand.
Thank you!!!

Re: November-temperatures

by allikat

I don't know that I would be planning a beach holiday in NZ for November - summer doesn't really get going until late December/early January. Weather in November could be great, but will likely be unpredictable and the water will still be cool for swimming.

However, the further North you head, the milder it is. There are some fabulous beaches around the Bay of Islands, lots of history, beautiful area. Not sure how you will fare nightlife-wise though - most beach towns with a bit of nightlife won't really get going until Christmas, but you should find a good selection of bars/cafes.

Re: November-temperatures

by harrietholiday

Hi thank you, this helps! Have to plan New Zealand for another time frame.

Comments