Arkaba Hotel

Booking.com Official Site Expedia.com

More about Adelaide

Beautiful Barossa ValleyBeautiful Barossa Valley

TOBY  TOY  TRUCKTOBY TOY TRUCK

THE PIGS..RUNDLE MALL..NEAR TOURIST INFORMATION..THE PIGS..RUNDLE MALL..NEAR TOURIST INFORMATION..

AdelaideAdelaide

sky diving

by saltanmax

just wondered if there was a weight limit or height limit for sky diving

sky diving

by kiwi

Are you speaking about learning to skydive alone, or doing a tandem skydive with a tandem master?

by kleene.franzi

2 do a tandem sky dive its about 220 lbs, so should be around 100 kg.
always depends on the guy u r goin with - if he s fat, u shouldnt really be any heavier, if he s skinny, u r gonna land on ur bum. its pretty much all about the landing, the chute can usually hold heaps more.
hav fun!

by aYankinSyd

If one has to buy two tickets to put their bum in on the airplane, do they have to pay for two parachutes as well?

by adelaidean

My husband is 100kgs, and he didnt have any trouble the times he has been..There are two places that I know of in Adelaide....have fun!!!

Travel Tips for Adelaide

The Adelaide Central Market

by pchamlis

NOTE: PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE HIDDEN PHOTOS. I'VE MADE USE OF THE NEW VT "MULTIPLE PHOTOS PER TIP" OPTION. : )

I love visiting (what we call) a "farmer's market". The chance to buy fresh fruits and vegetables at an excellent price is just something that brings out the "chef" in me. Imagine how much fun I had visiting Adelaide's Central Market. This giant-sized farmer's market, located in downtown Adelaide (behind the Hilton Hotel, between Gouger and Grote Streets) is the LARGEST PRODUCE MARKET IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE. Now, that's some serious cabbage, folks.

What a great place... all of the veggies were so fresh and appealing. There were excellent and varied meat markets as well, not to mention all sorts of fresh local seafood.

I've already said in my opening page that if I ever moved to Australia, I think I'd want to live in Adelaide. Well, when I move to Adelaide, I'm going to shop at the Central Market every day that it's open.

When IS it open? Well, in order to rotate stock and accept deliveries, the market is basically open to the public only on Tuesdays (7 am - 5:30 pm), Thursdays (9 am - 5:30 pm), Fridays (7 am - 9 pm) and Saturdays (7 am - 3 pm). Trust me... if you're the sort that really enjoys shopping for fresh foods, you'll love this place. It's heaven on earth for vegetarians and people who love them. : )

And, check this out...... (I read this in a tour book) You can actually get a "behind the scenes" visit to the Market by calling "Market Adventures" at 08 8336 8333. The tour costs A$35 for adults and A$18 for children 3-11. I can't imagine wanting to spend THAT much money for a "behind the scenes" visit to a market. I'll just go during regular hours and spend my extra cabbage on some....er......cabbage. :) Like I say, I loved the market. I've NEVER seen any more beautiful and BIG carrots. I was reminded of that Crocodile Dundee line, "that's not a knife, THAT's a knife". Well, insert the word "carrot" for knife and you get the feeling. See the photo of the killer carrots below.

And my goodness gracious.... I bought some of the best meaty bacon I've ever tasted at the market. (photo below) It sure made our Adelaide breakfasts over at Florence's Cottage extra-scrumptious.

In general..here it goes..

by FOotFetish

Personal perferences.No doubt on that. Clothings:
I was there during the winter season in July.It is definitely much colder than Perth. I was ....freeezing! Bring an extra jacket for sure.Not forgetting wollen socks.
As for shoes: check out my foot album. Moisturiser creams is a must.I;m sure you wouldn't want to walk around with flaky skin.Share it with your loved ones, husbands, boy/girlfriends....
An essentila first aid kit may come on handy. Not forgetting the "Slip slap slop" on your sunscreen during summer and winter as well.The UV level is rather high in Australia.

the flinders rangers

by lordb

the flinders rangers is a great spot to vist about 250 miles from adelaide , but well worth a vist , bush walking is a must to see the wild life , maps and routes are availble you can take a short walk or a long walk , you must take a container of water with you , and a netted hat is great advice too , as the flies can be a pest , follow the basic rules and you will have a great time ,

Rundle Mall

by kelyeah about Rundle Mall

There are three major department stores, 15 arcades and more than 800 retailers, of which 160 are speciality fashion stores in the buildings which line the converted street.
The mall is noted for its tree-lined walkways and scuptures, particularly the steel balls sculpture in the centre of the mall which has become a popular meeting place. There are also brass sculptures of three pigs and a fountain.
Buskers can be found throughout the mall on everyday of the week.
There are several licensed bars, plenty of restaurants and coffee houses with an information centre will be found at the western end of the mall.

Adelaide Metro Buses

by xuessium

Adelaide has good public buses linking Adelaide with all outlying suburbs via the Adelaide Metro.

The bus services are broken up into different zones, and crossing into each zone charges a different rates. (The further you go, the more you pay; naturally)

I bought 3 day-trip tickets during my stay in Adelaide and they brought me to places such as Glenelg, Brighton, Henley Beach and Hanhdorf. A Daytrip ticket allows unlimited travel and transfers on the Adelaide Metro system from the time of first validation until 4.30am in the morning. You can hop on and off at will, stopping at places you wanted to explore. On weekends and public holidays, two children under 15 years of age can travel FREE when accompanied by an adult using a Daytrip ticket.

Then (circa 2001), it was A$5.80, now it is $A6.60 (circa Jul 2005).

Your Metroticket must be stamped (validated) every time you board an Adelaide Metro bus, train or tram.

Comments