4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Rendezvous Grand Hotel Adelaide
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• lovinoz's Profile Photo

Fantastic rooms and good value

I have stayed here several time for business events and also to just stay in the CBD for a social function at the Convention Centre (2 blocks away).

Unique Quality: Modern furnishings and marble bathrooms. Can't beat the location ... 2 blocks to Victoria Square, Rundle Mall and North Terrace (Convention Centre and other entertainment).

Directions: One block west from King William Street

• JayeN8's Profile Photo

5 Star price, 2 star accommodation

We booked for a single night after a show at Her Majesty's Theatre. We were exremely disappointed with what turned out to be a noisy, sub-standard room.

The heater/airconditioning fan had a constant rattle that lasted all night, the thermostat of the unit was also faulty resulting in us being hot all night (whilst it's a nice change at this time of year, I paid for and expected better than that!)

There was significant noise from the Union Hotel on the street below, which we didn't expect on the 16th floor! (Avoid the northern side if you must stay there, and hopefully you'll avoid that noise)

The room was let down by poor cleaning... it certainly wasn't what I would call dirty, but really did not meet the calibre of what this hotel is trying to be.

To top off this poor overall experience, I got an invoice in the mail today for the minibar that I did not use... why would I? There's a 24 hour mini mart next door!!!

Unique Quality: Staff were extremely blunt, and generally not helpful.

The view was fantastic through the filthy windows...

The book that listed the hotel facilities was incorrect, when I went to check for the gym and pool facilities, the book suggested 4th floor... all I found was other rooms.

I will be taking this complaint further to management.

Directions: Straight across from Topham Mall carpark... which is locked overnight, providing secure parking a hell of a lot cheaper than the valet parking service the hotel offers!

• thewrangler's Profile Photo

Well Kept Secret

Excellent service from reception and concierge.

All needs were met, staff will make you feel right at home.

Friendly Bar staff

Unique Quality: Inground pool, spa and sauna + gymnasium facilities all located on the first floor

Valet Parking

Cocktail bar located on the ground floor great relaxing atmosphere.

Hotel car can be booked to take you wherever you need to go

no more than a 5-minute trip to the Clipsal 500 Track by car.

Directions: A short walk from China Town and the Central Markets

• thewrangler's Profile Photo

Well Kept Secret

Excellent service from reception and concierge.

All needs were met, staff will make you feel right at home.

Friendly Bar staff

Cocktail bar located on the ground floor great relaxing atmosphere.

Hotel car can be booked to take you wherever you need to go

no more than a 5-minute trip to the Clipsal 500 Track by car.

Directions: A short walk from China Town and the Central Markets

More about Rendezvous Allegra Hotel Adelaide

No way 5 star

by TripAdvisor Member Ynca

Overall our stay in the Rendezvous Allegra was a disappointment, as the management seem to have their priorities out of kilter, focusing far more on appearances of 5-stardom than the functionality that guests require.

Rooms were the dustiest I have ever, ever seen - particularly noticeable on the dark wood.

The bathroom, with its silly glass walls and daft venetian blind, was lacking in supplies. The men in our party complained that the basin was hopeless for shaving, and the poor light didn't help. Perhaps the poor light served to hide the low cleaning standards...

The "pillow menu" seemed to be just a gesture for show, since when 2 of the ladies in our party requested a change of pillow, they never arrived - despite 3 calls to housekeeping.

Staff vacillated between rudeness and passivity, and were slow and inefficient on check in and check out, any special requests for additional tea/coffee/milk supplies, etc.

Breakfast was not included in our package; I cannot remember how much it cost, but it was extremely poor in terms of choice and quality of food. We dined there once in 4 days and chose not to repeat the experience. Room service food was pleasent enough, and arrived fairly promptly.

Location is convenient, but this hotel is not a 5 star and is very overpriced.

Good rooms but poor service

by TripAdvisor Member Lindisfarne-Marina

Six of us stayed, in three rooms, at the Allegra for three nights, late September.
The rooms were very good, however they were several areas in service that were lacking in what is supposed to be a five star hotel.
The check was very slow as they had limited staff in reception and no porters.
Initially they could not find our booking, however after 15 minutes we were booked in and we left our luggage in reception to go for a walk and get some lunch until our rooms were ready.
When we returned they had given away our rooms and had to rebook us. We ended up on separate floors.
They also left our luggage in reception, unsecured.
They even gave me the wrong luggage.
Another member of our party just walked in and collected his.
The hot water in the rooms was only warm, not hot and I could only run the hot water tap for the bath on all ocassions.
There were only two pillows in the room.
There were no bath robes.
The toiletries were limited and did not include shampoo.
Only two of the four lifts were working and even they broke down twice.
I had to carry my luggage down from the seventh floor in a filthy stairwell, that was full of cigarette butts, dirty linen, general rubbish and grime, because they did not have enough staff to send a porter up.
The hotel had an offensive smell in the lobby and bar for two days.
Reception had limited staff and some guests were in tears, while othere were extremely angry.
The service in the restaurant was poor.
I would not recommend this establishment.

well done

by TripAdvisor Member fostersb

Great place, smaller than the other 5 stars in the area however this does help in service delivery.
Loved the live friday music on offer and food was fantastic. Room was very stylish and has a spa bath which we could not find in any others in Adelaide.

Well done will stay again

Favourite line of staff: I DO IPOLOGISE

by TripAdvisor Member melbspiker

There are so many negative things to say about this hotel. The service is not of 5-star quality. Why I say this is because I was not given the same hotel room the 2 nights I stayed there despite the fact that they said they will. I was told by the staff that there would not be a problem staying in the same room when I checked in only to find out later that night that I have to check out the next day and move to a different room! All they have to say was "They apologise for the inconvenience". If I didn't call the front desk the first night I was there I would not have known that I needed to transfer to another room. I ordered "pancakes with maple syrup plus grapefruit juice" to be delivered to my room. It arrived 1/2 hour later as pancakes with orange juice without maple syrup! The remote control of the television does not work properly. I really have to press the buttons hard to change the channel. The difference between a "superior king room" and a "deluxe king room" is just a 1/2 meter balcony! You will paying extra $40 for the balcony! The bathroom supply is very basic! I didn't enjoy lying in the bathtub as the foam was not enough. I found it hard to sleep because the walls between the rooms were too thin... I could hear people talking and phone ringing. When I mentioned this to the staff, all they can say is that "they apologise". I asked for an ice pack for my sprained ankle.. what they gave me was a ice cubes in a plastic bag with a piece of cloth. They didn't have a proper Ice bag for my sprained ankle. I can't believe a 5-star hotel would not have a proper ice bag.

When I finally checked out there was a lady customer complaining about the hotel service!

Rendezvous Allegra - Your service is ordinary

by TripAdvisor Member Cloudie

My husband and I stayed here Cup weekend (November 06). We had stayed here before and had enjoyed the experience.
Unfortunately the standard of service and the standard of rooms has dropped significantly.

We waited for an hour to check in with the line at reception being worse than a deli counter. Then the room wasnt ready and we had to wait even longer. I felt sorry for the stressed staff. There did not appear to be a duty manager or anyone to take charge of the issues that arose when guests complained.

The beds were still lovely to sleep in but the cleanliness of the sitting area was less than expected.

Overall, we had a nice time, but would never recommend a hotel that cost so much, when service in particular was so poor.

Nice Property

by TripAdvisor Member PUO

This is the 4th Adelaide property I have stayed in this year, and by far the best.

The primary attraction is the excellent location (for business travellers like myself). The location is so central, I was within less than 5 minutes walk to all major buildings/offices for my business, and even to the entertainment areas at Rundle Mall, and Gouger St. Notwithstanding the central location, the room was quiet.

The booking, and the check-in was smooth. I requested for early check-in, and the room was made ready early.

The room was great - good size, modern, with adequate work table and seating. My room which was on a high floor had a balcony with sweeping views of the City and of the Hills in the background. Nice king-size bed. My wish was that the room had a larger/flat panel TV with a lot more channels.

The bathroom, likewise, was of a good size, modern. Only I wished they had more shelf space for the toiletries.

Aside from an excellent location and a great room, the rest was "middle of the road". The breakfast was mediocre and the lounge was rather lifeless. Room service took far too long to supply a simple order.

My main grouse (in respect of all Australian hotels) is the failure to provide complimentary or low cost wireless / cable internet services. The prices for internet connectivity is outrageous.

The staff service was unobstrusive, efficient and pleasant. I had 2 problems - I requested for a traveller's multi-plug and the sink was choked. Both issues handled immediately, the first with a smile and the 2nd with an apology.

In all, a good experience and likely to stay there again.

Loved The Bathroom

by TripAdvisor Member jessj8mes

My partner and i stayed in the superior king room for 3 nights over newyears. We had a bit of a problem when we arrived as we were told that you need a $100 a night deposit that they put a hold on, it was a pain as it wasn't written anywhere when we paid for our booking on the Internet, and we noticed another couple that had the same problem and it takes 10days for them to take a hold off of it. The room was nice but not many toiletries as i thought you would get more in a 5star hotel, so take your own. Pool and spa were really good & towels are supplied.
Not all rooms have the dividing glass window in bathroom, on website it says that every room has one but ours didn't.
We had the full buffet breakfast daily included in our stay but wouldn't recommend it as the coffee was very strong and not very nice tasting, the scrambled eggs dry, bacon average. Tomatoes were nice but just go for cereal, fruit, toast and pastries, its not worth paying $24.50 for it, just go to hinley street or rundle mall to a cafe that does breakfast and i can guarantee it will be a lot cheaper and taste better.
Staff were really friendly. We still had a good time and its in a central location, easy walking distance to everything.

Allegra - almost

by TripAdvisor Member johntravellersydney

Rated as the newest 5 star property in Adelaide. Location is central CBD, rooms are clean and well appointed - more good 4 star than 5 though due to the lack of bath robes, toiletries etc etc BUT we had the best quality room service meal ever experienced in 30 years of 1st class travel - extraordinary quality. The pool is adequate, the gym and afterthought and definitely nothing to write home about - seems more geared to the business traveller and most suitable for that market. The big "missing" was front desk staff - generally only one person on duty - with the second arriving intermitently and one bel person - that was quite annoying. Also don't rely on staff dining suggestions - seems that this is the norm in Adelaide for some reason...

Comments