Sundowner Adelaide Manor

Orbitz.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Adelaide

JumpingDORRISE, VTer tropicrd, Adelaide, AustraliaJumpingDORRISE, VTer tropicrd, Adelaide, Australia

Magic Mountain in its heydayMagic Mountain in its heyday

MALLS BALLS  RUNDLE MALL ADELAIDEMALLS BALLS RUNDLE MALL ADELAIDE

Mt Lofty - Waterfall No2Mt Lofty - Waterfall No2

by woriwarren

Hi there, Looking for someone to share Campervan trips from Adelaide South Australia. Quite cheap on "backloading" rates ($1 - $50/day plus expenses). I am particularly interested in trips to Melbourne and Alice Springs.

Re: Looking for someone to twin share Campervan trips from Adelaide, South Australia.

by Anne12

G'day,
I see that you are from Adelaide, so it wouldn't be hard to go around and put notices up in some of the main backpacker places, with dates, price etc.
I am sure you would find someone that wants to head to Alice etc.
I have done this before and I got some great travel buddies.
They were younger, but that didn't bother me, actually it made it more interesting.
I met up with them before we left, just to check them out, you know looking for anything that gave away that they might be an axe murderer etc:)
I think they were more worried about travelling with an *oldie* than me worrying about their age:)
I was travelling in my own car, so I didn't let them drive!! And even if I wasn't in my own car I still would pay more than them to give me the right to drive!!! That's until I felt confident that they wouldn't do anything stupid:)

by woriwarren

Thanks Anne. Really need someone to share in the expenses side of things. Most of the people backpacking are reluctant to part with their money for such trips (which I can understand because they are on a budget). Fuel runs about $20/100klm on these things plus Insurance is $20/day................ :)

Travel Tips for Adelaide

Parks, parks and MORE parks!

by worm_star

There're parks everywhere you go. It's simply wonderful! There's hardly any traffic jams and i feel safe crossing the roads there. Drove around to Port Adelaide and Victor Harbour. Lovely scenery... Luscious greens... Breath-taking. There's no wonder that Australia's so good at world games like the Olympics, the Commonwealth Games & Cricket World Cup to name a few! There're sports clubs everywhere. At one corner you see the basketball courts, then the netball courts, then the cricket fields... Courts here, courts there.. Fields here, fields there. I was impressed!

Beer?? Cooper's seems to be the local favorite

by pchamlis

As I first mentioned on my Australia COUNTRY page, we Americans have been taught, via television advertising, to believe that all Australians LOVE Foster's Beer. Before I visited Oz, I thought Fosters to be the ubiquitous national brand of suds.

Boy, was I ever wrong. Most Aussies tell me that the only persons who drink Fosters in Australia are tourists. : ) Sooooooo, I didn't make THAT mistake.

But seriously, I always try to seek out and try the locally-favored brews. In Adelaide, it appears that Cooper's Pale Ale is loved far and wide. And, I'd say there's good reason to make Cooper's your call at the local watering hole. A nice crisp brew that goes down especially nice with something really salty, Cooper's really hits the spot after a long day of tourist stuff. Fosters? Naaaaaaah, mate. You want something else. : ) The smile on the bartenders' faces when you'd tell them how fine the local brew is. : )

Wursts and Schnitzels....

by aberacadabra

It's a quaint little town founded by German Lutheran settlers in the late 1830s in the highlands just outside of Adelaide. There are a few good cafes and restaurants here. Do bring a jacket along as the weather can get quite unpredictable even in the summer.

Warriparinga Wetlands & Cultural Centre

by balhannah

These are on the south side of Adelaide, on the corner of Marion, South and Sturt roads at Bedford park, about 20mins from the city. As you walk along the walkway through the Wetlands which has Birds and Wildlife, there are also signs telling you about Bush Tucker, (what plants) and what you see. Inside, there is a Heritage display, workshops and cultural perfomances by the Kaurna Aborigines.
Admission is FREE, donations are accepted.

Boho Bar

by kelyeah about Boho Bar

If you’re in the mood for masses of red velvet, stage theatre and strange characters parading around all night, then this is the place to head. This is very much the Moulin Rouge inspired destination to sip absinth and soak up the surroundings. Red, dark, heavy furnishings encumber the space while dancers dance and entertainers entertain. Fortune Telling, Old World Moulin Rouge dancing, and a whacky guy on roller skates are all part of the charm of Boho. A place to begin your night on the town. The waiters even perform fancy tricks while mixing your favourite poison.

Comments