Pastoral Hotel

Singles Budget Travel Road Trip
See Amenities
Diceman_'s Profile Photo

Pastoral Hotel/Motel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 9, 2007

Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY IN THE HOTEL SECTION of Pastoral Hotel/Motel. In the RAA accomomdation guide the place was rated at four stars, and I neglected to observe that the Hotel section was unrated. For $38 the room stank, the only available ventilation was through the door (the air in the corridor drifted up from the smokers section below), and possibly some through the ancient (recirculating) air conditioner. The room was built on a slant, the tables were level but the floor and bed were not. The wallpaper had been torn off in places, there was a layer of dust on the cutlery and crockery, the fluorescent lights at the bed and above the mirror at the basin didn't work, the TV set was filthy and faulty, although a working TV had been left under the table (which I installed myself). And when I turned off the air conditioner I was greeted by the sound of multiple air conditioning units right outside my window (which apparently run 24 hours a day), and the room heated up quite quickly.

I think I might have been write off the whole experience if it wasn't for the noise.

Nearby Pastoral Hotel

Amenities at Pastoral Hotel

• Restaurant
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Room Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free Parking

Port Augusta Travel Forum

Need advice about Port Augusta, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Port Augusta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Port Augusta hotel reviews