Wilmington Hotels

Our Members Say

• thegreynomad profile photo thegreynomad
  • Reviews: 9

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Beautiful Valley Caravan Park: At the start of the Flinder's Ranges

I was heading to the Flinders Ranges to do some hiking. As the day was coming to an end, I stopped at the first accommodation I came to and this happened to be the Beautiful Valley Caravan Park.
I saw they had Cabins so booked into an ensuite Cabin. The Cabin didn't have sheets or towels included in the price so I used my own. If I hadn't remembered to bring my own, I could have hired them for $10 a person.
The Cabin had a Microwave and a small stove, Television, table and chairs, and as well as my double bed, there were 3 bunks. All kitchen utensils were in the cupboads and cleaning items like dishwashing liquid, sponge and tea towels were in the cupboard.
I brought a chair outside and sat in the shade and watched hundred's of Cockatoos returning home to roost in the trees at the nearby river.
I found it a relaxing park which was quiet, one that would be very nice if rain came and greened the grass.
I had no problems here and thought the price was very reasonable.

Rates

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written January 16, 2013
Tip Photo

My Cabin

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9356

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

BEAUTIFUL VALLEY CARAVAN PARK: CAMPGROUND

As you would expect in the drier parts of Australia where it doesn't rain a lot, there will not be lawn in the Caravan Park.
Rain hadn't fallen for a long time, so water usage was of utmost importance.

The sites were dirt, but there were plenty of trees for shade. The power box was in such a terrible condition that I was frightened of being electrocuted.
The Amenties block was clean, but the showers had little pressure. Laundry and washing lines were available. There is a camp kitchen and wood & gas bbq's. It gets very cold here in winter, so wood fires are allowed.
All types of Cabins are available.
The park was in a fairly quiet position and our stay was quite good here.

Wilmington is a good place to make as base to visit more of the Flinders Ranges. The Alligator Gorge turn-off is just across the road.

• Opinion of Price: N/A