Freycinet National Park, COLES BAY, TS, 7215, AU
Hotels.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

More about Freycinet Lodge

ACCOMODATION AT THE ENDS OF THE EARTH

by holiday_princess about Freycinet Lodge

OVERALL
Being a tropical island/sun lover myself personally, Tasmania was not exactly the perfect destination for me; and I knew this before embarking on my journey there. Having said that, the landscape was still incredibly beautiful in its own unique way; and any change of scenery is always a good one, no matter how bad it seems at the time.

The objectives of my holiday were to relax and embrace nature and its surroundings, and I achieved all of the above. Being used to the brightness of summer on my usual vacations, I did find the climate and the dark coloured scenery depressing though, and I must say that I don't think I have ever been so glad to be home from a holiday in my life.

GOOD~

We paid just over $250 per night to stay in a deluxe Wine Glass Cabin which possessed all of the usual features of a 4 star hotel, including a deep spa bath with a window overlooking the wildlife and nature outside, as well as a beautiful complimentary buffet breakfast each morning. The absence of TV or telephones made the experience extra interesting and unique, proving a real sense of reconnecting with nature and family, and the things that matter.

The view from the restaurant and bar area of the lodge is spectacular, overlooking the magnificent and sparkling Oyster Bay from every angle. The sunsets and sunrises are breathtaking too.

NOT SO GOOD~

-Although the staff were friendly and helpful when asked questions, I would not say that the service was anything out of the ordinary considering the price, and they did not exactly make you feel overly welcome or warm. (Or am I just being biased, comparing every staff to that of the service at the Shangri-La???)

-Without a car, you cannot do much at all. We had planned to do the 3hr hike to Wine Glass Bay, but when reception told us that to get to the carpark where the trail begins we would need to walk for 2.5km since we didn't have transport, we decided not to go after all.

-The restaurant and bistro contained within the lodge are the only places to buy food from, so if you do not wish to spend $25 per person per meal during your stay, I strongly recommend you stock up on groceries before you go. (Having said that, there are no kitchen facilities or microwaves in the rooms, so you would not be able to make your own dinners anyway) *Having no television or phones in the cabins is an ideal concept, truly promoting peace and tranquility.

*Each cabin is separate from the other, providing a sense of privacy and oneness with yourself and nature

*Natural wildlife surrounding you such as the seemingly well-fed possum who came to our balcony door each night in search of food and attention, was a rare experience for us!

Wine Tasting at Freycinet LodgeWine Tasting at Freycinet Lodge

Freycinet Lodge Jetty at sunsetFreycinet Lodge Jetty at sunset

Accommodation in Freycinet

by Vicki-Maree

We will be in Freycinet mid January and Freycinet Lodge looks to be booked out for that period. Could anybody recommend any other accommodation there?

RE: Accommodation in Freycinet

by hgholden

Get in contact with Tasmania Tourism. Consider hiring a car from Hobart and driving to Swansea and staying.(google swansea) Plenty of cabins and a few caravan parks however given its peak holiday season you may have trouble. You can then drive out to Freycinet National Park and do your walks. I did the walk into hourglass beach and a number of other key spots all in a day but would like to go back and spend a bit more time.

RE: Accommodation in Freycinet

by Mikebb

Hi We stayed in the Lodge 2 years ago, a great place, keep trying they may have a cancellation, ask them to put you on the wait list, book elsewhere so you have something and if availability comes up then cancel your original accommodation.I have some photos on my Tasmania pages

Comments