Ashton Gate

Booking.com eDreams Agoda.com

More about Launceston

PickledEveningsPickledEvenings

Views of the Tamar RiverViews of the Tamar River

Another view coming backAnother view coming back

KingsParkByTamarRiverKingsParkByTamarRiver

Travel Tips for Launceston

Clock Tower of Launceston

by imstress

The Clock Tower is one of the popular icon in Launceston.

Its already 7.10 pm and the night seems so bright during summer.

Not sure where to meet up?
I will meet you below the clock tower at 10:10.

The churches of Launceston

by xuessium

Launceston isn't the world's largest place. In actual, it's not even a city, despite being second only after the State Capital, Hobart, in terms of population size. Yet, in such a small place, there are plenty of churches and cathedrals to see. The mind bogs at the need for so plentiful places of worship for so small a quasi-city. Walk down any road and you will bump into one just round the corner. But having said that, many of these churches and cathedrals are lovely structures. My favourite is that of St.John's Church (I hope I got the name right) - a church constructed with blue slate. It really stood out with its majestic bluish hue and like virtually all traditional style churches, I always like the stain glass windows.

Scenes of Grindelwald

by Kate-Me

"Resort Pool"

Here are two of the guest Chalets at the resort, with the beautiful glassed in pool and spa area on the right

"Mural Wall"

This muraled building faces the small pond with little footbridge and mini golf area

"Edelweiss Restaurant on the lake"

Just down the road a few kms from the resort is the Edelweiss Restaurant. We had a wonderfully authentic swiss meal (Rosti and veal) which didn't cost the earth, cooked by a real Swiss chef. (I’d been here before, 7 years ago, and I still remembered how wonderful the food was)
We visited the restaurant just in time, because after 14 years, the swiss family have sold the business and this was their last week of operation.
Now, there will no longer be swiss food in Grindelwald, just the buildings and houses, which saddens me. (Now if I want Rosti I'll have to learn to cook my own properly...it's just not the same)

"Dinner at the Restaurant"

Ok, so it looks a little TOO Swiss to BE swiss, and there's only so long you can listen to Swiss traditional music, but for just one evening, it was rather special.

We only paid between $A $16 and $21 respectively for our meals, which was well worth it to us, considering the delicious food. Also, added to that we had a secluded table right by the window so we could watch darkness fall over the ducks on the lake, and that was rather special.

"Edelweiss Chapel"

This is the Chapel on the far side of the Edelweiss' lake, which is used for weddings, judging by the confetti we found.

Comments