Batman Fawkner Inn

35-39 Cameron Street, Launceston, 7250, Australia
Batman Fawkner Inn
Expedia.com Agoda.com Hotels.com

More about Launceston

THE BATMAN BRIDGE.ON THE WAY TO GEORGETOWN...THE BATMAN BRIDGE.ON THE WAY TO GEORGETOWN...

Turret House LauncestonTurret House Launceston

Sarah at LowHeadSarah at LowHead

DocksDocks

Day Tours to Bridestowe Lavender Farm

by Tsubame

Hi, am in a bit of a fix now. I could only find Tiger Wilderness Tour doing the Lavender Farm tour from the internet. BUT, they are already fully booked for the day! To prevent further disappointment, we have booked the Cradle Mt. day tour with them, so that leaves us with only 5th Dec, Monday to visit the farm.

Can anybody advise what other day tour company also have the Lavender tour? We will be based in Launceston. And if we cannot get a tour, what is the best possible way to get there via public transport as we do not drive?

Thanks very much.

RE: Day Tours to Bridestowe Lavender Farm

by Anne12

I would get in touch with the Launceston Tourist Information centre.
Here is there link
On here they have a fax and phone number.
Cheers
Anne

Travel Tips for Launceston

Grindelwald Swiss Village

by Kate-Me

Grindelwald is a small stylised swiss village and 4 star conference and motel resort centre. It’s one of my VERY favourite places in Tasmania (you can see from my travelogue) though it’s not to everyone’s liking (some think it’s too touristy or kitsch)

Of course I’d prefer to see the real Switzerland again, but I can’t travel so far away right now, so I settled happily for the atmosphere and happiness that this small town always gives me, and the memories it brings to mind of Europe.

There’s a large conference centre with all swiss mountain style 2 storey wooden Chalets sourrounding it, a nice lake, a golf course and mini golf, beautifully glassed in indoor pool and spa, Bakery with some swiss treats, souvenir shop and a couple of other little swiss shops.

Opposite the resort are residential swiss houses and also spaced out further in the countryside.

(Town planning dictates that every house in Grindelwald must be Swiss style. I believe it was originally designed by a swiss developer)

Don't miss the Lavenders if you get a chance!

by xuessium

DISCLAIMER: I never made it here.

On my most recent trip to Launceston, I was hoping that the late November-early December period visit will finally allow me to visit the famous Bridestowe Lavender Estate in Nabowla.

Alas, I was to be cruelly denied again. The lavender was still green and thus there were no interest in the day tour offered by Tiger Wilderness Tours and with public transport crippling on weekends...guess fate has decided that I will never get to see the famed purple fields.

If you are ever in Launceston from mid Dec-early Jan (very narrow window), don't forget to pop by. I always love the smell of Lavender and imagine an endless field of royal purple - I'm salivating at the thought of photographic opportunities!

Note: Tiger Wilderness seems to be the only tour agency running day tours to Bridestowe. The other best way of getting to the fields is by self-drive.

Comments