Quamby Estate

Braemere House, LauncestonBraemere House, Launceston

Caffeine fix in LauncestonCaffeine fix in Launceston

Visiting

by David_Tschanz

I will be Luanceston from January 11-25, 2005 and was wondering what esle there might there to do other than obvious. Any historical sites? Local events/festivals/fairs?

Thanks

Dave

Re: Visiting

by Tasmania

This depends very much on your method of transport and your interests.
I am sure that you have done your homework and know the usual tourist haunts.
Most southern Tasmanians would tell you that Launnie's attractions start about 100km down the road....but then we are very slightly predjudiced!
Don't miss Evandale market, the setting and the atmosphere is excellent. Why not try a day at the horse races? Walk the tracks that run through the gorge?
Happy to help in any more specific way,
Sharon

Re: Re: Visiting

by suzyq40

You have Penny Royal World, the museum, the cataract gorge, which is great in Summer, you can walk up there from the city centre. Evandale as Tasmania said, but you will need a car. The bakery out there is sensational. Cant remember what else is on down there at that time of year as I havent been home in 5 years. Do a google search or www.discovertasmania.com.au
That should give you some hints and tips on what to do. The wineries down the Tamar are great, as is pipers brook/river

Travel Tips for Launceston

Lavendar

by imstress

This is my first and close encounter with the Lavendar plant.

I begin to like this plant alot mainly because of its beautiful colour. The sweet smell of Lavendar just calm me down. I didnt know that you can come out with so many product out from a Lavendar plant. After visiting a Lavendar farm in Magaret River, I grew to love this plant more than ever.

Isnt it a stress relieve to be able to just sit down and relax by the steps of a beautiful Lavendar garden.

Cataract Gorge - Exit

by imstress

After taking the Ziz Zag walk by mistake, we finally arrive at the suspension bridge.

We wont want to make the same mistake of walking 2 hrs to back track to the entrance where we came from.

So we walk to the car park. This is the first time in my life that we dare to take the risk to hitch a ride out from the reserve back to town.

Finally we brave up our courage and approach a car and the driver was kind enough to give us a ride back to our hotel.

Comments