Cradle Mountain Road, Sheffield, Tasmania, State o
Cradle Chalet Boutique Luxury Lodge
Agoda.com Booking.com eDreams

Satisfaction Average

More about Tasmania

seeing the Tasman coast in comfort on a busseeing the Tasman coast in comfort on a bus

My boys enjoyed the bus tours from our ship!My boys enjoyed the bus tours from our ship!

dessert extravaganzadessert extravaganza

4 course meals each day (lunch & dinner)4 course meals each day (lunch & dinner)

Abalone Farm

by janetlee

Is there abalone farm open to be visited by a tourist? My family wish to visit an abalone farm very much. Much grateful if any VT members can give me advice.

Re: Abalone Farm

by johnfromoz

I am not sure whether they allow visitors but here are the contact details of a Tasmanian Abalone farm
Golden Bay Corporation Australia Pty Ltd T/s Tasmanian Abalone Farms
Webber Point, Tasman Highway Swansea Tasmania 7190 Australia Tel: + 61 3 62578403 Fax: + 61362578442 E-mail : tasabalonefarms@bigpond.com
Good luck, hope you have success.
Regards Johnfromoz

Re: Abalone Farm

by janetlee

Thanks, Johnfromoz.

I will contact them and try.

Travel Tips for Tasmania

Port Arthur is a popular destination

by unravelau

There is something mysterious and wonderful about historic buildings and places. Port Arthur is a place like this. Mind you since I was there it created some more recent history and about a less savoury character than we really want to remember. Putting all of that behind, I have it on good authority that it has recovered quite considerably and more people than ever are taking the trip to visit the ruins.

Tasmania's Tessellated Pavements

by unravelau

Mind you I don't exactly remember where abouts you find these, but I do know that they are a popular tourist attraction even to-day.

The link below has some great information about how they were formed etc.

TASMANIA. ONE & ONLY Island OZ STATE

by AusPinay

"THE FRESHEST AIR & WATER"

The one and only island state of Australia, Tasmania is a land of many features which really are just literally easily reached in a matter of hours! Pristine beaches with their azure waters juxtaposed against evergreen mountains, heaps of National Parks, quaint little coastal towns and many more! The list is endless so indulge in the photos which speak for Tassie's beauty!

Sea Change

by Rosebuds

"Why leave Brisbane?"

We moved from Brisbane to Tasmania in September 2007. Our fellow Brisbanites couldn't figure it out. Don't you like sunshine? The fact is Tasmania gets more hours of sunlight per annum than Brisbane. We're building a straw bale house on one hectare on a hill with wonderful views of the surrounding countryside and beaches. We're less than 1 km (as the crow flies) from the beach, 5 to 10 minutes from general shops and our local pub (right on the water with lots of cool live music), 20 minutes from the aiport and 40 minutes from Hobart.

The people are warm, the beer and wine cold and the food fabulous!

TASMANIA

by carmen.

"HISTORY"

Tasmania, smallest of Australia's States, lies 200km off the southern tip of mainland Australia. The dutchman Abel Tasman was the first European to set foot on the island in 1642 but it was not until 1804 that settlement was established by English explorers at Risdon Cove near Hobart.

"LAND OF NATURAL BEAUTY"

Tasmania is a land of surprising diversity, from sunny east coast beaches to the rugged mountains of the west, the beautiful fresh water lakes and vact tracts of inhospitable wilderness.
It is home to an amasing array of native fauna including wombat, wallaby, playtyupus, bandicoot, ring-tail possum, the Tasmanian Deveil and the Tasmanian Tiger.

Comments