Apollo Bay Hotels

• jodesm83 profile photo jodesm83
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Deer Park near the Twelve Apostles: A Truly Unique Experience

Our stay was wonderful, the best night sleep I had in our entire trip. The bed was sooo comfy. We arrived quite late (about 7pm) and after a bit of searching managed to find our host (this was due to it being out of hours). He was a nice fellow, I must admit to being a little concerned at first when he asked us to inspect prior to deciding if we would take it..... his words.... wellllll ummm this accommodation is a little unique, could you please inspect it first before deciding to take the cabin? My thoughts were OH NO, we have just been driving all day & now our accomodation is going to be terrible! LOL to our surprise we rounded the corner of the garden & there it was! The completely refurbished Melbourne Tram, with pretty little lavender garden & old fashioned street lamp to suit! Definately one to write home about & tell my kids when I'm old & grey LOL.

I can't actually remember the name of the place we stayed as it was a by chance encounter.

There is a deer park near the Twelve Apostles (about 15 minute drive) & they have cabins available for hire. One of the cabins sleeps 4 people (1 dbl & 2 singles) & it is actually a refurbished Melbourne TRAM.

It is quite basic but has what you need. A very comfy bed, basic kitchentte with electric frypan, 2 hotplates & microwave as well as cooking utensils etc. Own bathroom with hot shower!

There is a very tiny TV however, it's not really important when staying in this part of Victoria as the countryside is beautiful.

The location of this accommodation is pure magic, you actually get the opportunity to see sunrise or sunset or both over the Twelve Apostles as the drive is only about 15mins!

The host is a nice fellow, he is older with a very bushy wizzard like beard - very friendly and not at all intimidating in my opinion anyway.

The only thing I don't know is the name & phone number of this place - I have searched the internet & have so far had no luck. I recall the gentleman saying that he doesn't really advertise too much as it's more of a sideline for him.

The deciding question: Would I stay again? - well & truly - my partner & I are considering going back in the next couple of years just so we can stay in the Tram again. :)

• Opinion of Price: about average