Castlemaine Hotels

Our Members Say

• craic profile photo craic
  • Reviews: 392

Castlemaine Central Cabin And Van Park: It looked fine

I'd planned to stay here in one of their cabins - but then in the end I couldn't spare the time.
But as I was trying to hitch across the road from it - before my friend went past in a taxi - I thought I would take a photo of the place and mention it.
It is a shortish walk from the centre of town - and a longer walk from the station. And cheaper than a motel or B&B at $62 a night for a single cabin with ensuite. $12 for an extra person. BUT if you don't have your own linen or sleeping bag then you have to hire it at $14.
So if there are two of you a motel would be as cheap or cheaper. If you like sheets on your bed and a towel.
Still, there it is. Caravan sites and camp sites too.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written March 31, 2010
Tip Photo

• 726jenni profile photo 726jenni
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

CAROL HOUSE: Castlemaine House

This is a fabulous house in the country town of Castlemaine. In a quiet area of town, sitting high on a hill, it is tranquil with great views but only a couple of minutes to town centre. Carol House was warm and inviting on our arrival with lovely decor, luxurious linen on good beds and Oh SO CLEAN. 3 bedrooms with room for 6 adults with queen and/or double beds. Fully equipped kitchen, front verandah for sitting and relaxing in warmer months and barbeque out back. Very reasonable rates and helpful owners ( but not at all bothersome) who invited us to leave our washing up so we could have a really relaxing time at Carol House!!
We stayed overnight here but will go back for a longer time.
Interesting town with reputation for interesting art and cultural events. Few good little cafés. Great Farmers Market on main street 1st Sunday of the month.

Lovely tranquil area of town but still close to city centre. Quality decor and lighting. Linen is luxurious and beds great.

• Opinion of Price: about average