373 Nepean Highway, Frankston, VI, 3199, AU

Agoda.com Booking.com

• craic's Profile Photo

Well - what do you know...?

I spent the weekend in Frankston (their first poetry festival) and they put the visiting poets in this lovely apartment. We had the best time.
    The apartment was spacious, very clean, and had everything that opened and shut. Cooking equipment, washer and dryer, iron, telly, radio, comfy beds and couch - golly us poets felt so spoiled.
    And a pool! (Though it was too chilly to do anything but notice they had a pool.)

Very quiet - the apartments are back off the road.

I don't know how much it cost but I notice on their site they always seem to have deals going. I know we got the winter special deal and got a breakfast hamper with bacon and eggs and juice and cereal etc etc.

Non smoking - a plus for some - but the balcony was specially equipped for smokers so in my free time I sat out there and the watched the world pass by - very slowly.

My fellow poet went for a run along the miles of beach.

Unique Quality: My only quibble. The computer is in the reception area. You have to pay for it by credit card - and it is not the cheapest internet access I have ever had. (You notice I said the computer - there is only one - maybe you can access the internet with your own computer in the apartments.)

But - I had already noticed the receptionists seemed slightly idle and off hand. Keep on chatting on the phone as you arrive to check in sort of thing.

Well - while I was catching up on email 2 of them decided to have a gabfest about shifts, mortgages, significant others, and life, death and the whole damn thing. In piercing tones, two feet away from me, as if I was the invisible woman or something.

Very rude and very very annoying.

Directions: On the main drag coming into town

Comments