Pinnacle Holiday Lodge Halls Gap

21- 45 Heath Street,, Halls Gap, Australia
#13 of 17 hotels in Halls Gap
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Pinnacle

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 7, 2008

A group of my friends and I went to Pinnacle Holiday Lodge for two nights including Australia Day last January.

Before we even arrived I was treated badly. The lady who took my booking on the phone was rude and unhelpful and did not seem to want to have us stay, even though we would be booking three rooms. She continually made reference to us being 'young people' in a negative tone (We are aged up to 30 years).

During our stay I was appalled by the way we were spoken to. Many rude comments were directed towards us such as the fact that many of the girls in the group were blonde (why this matters or is their business is beyond me!).
We were also not allowed to play cricket on the grass even though windows were in the opposite direction of where we were batting and we were using a tennis ball! How un-Australian!

The owners told us at dinner time that we were being too loud, even though we were just having a bbq. Nobody else had complained and many other patrons were friendly with us and joined in with our conversations. We seemed to be continually monitored everywhere we went, the pool, the tennis courts, our own rooms!!

After chatting to other people staying, we discovered that we weren't the only ones given a bad treatment. A young couple with a small baby were told to 'make sure that baby doesn't cry, we don't want others complaining.' An unrealistic and rude request.

The facilities were great and well priced. However the stay was overshadowed by the shocking mistreatment of the people the managers should be ensuring have an enjoyable stay.

My friends who recommended this place to me talked about memories of staying here as children and enjoying games of cricket on the grass, bbqs and fun in the pool. I'm sure with different management who knew a thing or two about customer service and professionalism, this would certainly be the case.

Halls Gap Travel Forum

Need advice about Halls Gap, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Halls Gap and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Halls Gap hotel reviews