Main Rd, Halls Gap, 3381, Australia

Agoda.com

Satisfaction Average

• Different - an acquired taste

Make sure you read your itinerary before you go!!! Look, this place is what it is. We were pretty confused with what we were getting, even after reading the itinerary carefully. Advertising on last.minute.com.au needs to be updated, as one could assume there would be a television in the rooms for example. When I tried to point this out I was talked over and shut down. The next morning upon checkout we noticed guests eating breakfast in the restaurant. When I asked what the deal was, I was told "you should have read your itinerary!!!!" Upon re-reading my itinerary for the 88th time I discovered that indeed i was not losing my mind, there was nothing on the itinerary about breakfast!!! If you are into a rigid schedule and confused, scattered service, you will have a great time. Dinner was ok, a tad overpriced for what you get but hey, we all need to make a dollar where we can. Room was tiny, marks on the walls, but clean enough. We were not "allowed" to pay for our drinks or our meals as we went, everything had to go on a tab as that is how the host "likes it done." in other words, people tend to spend more when they haven't actually paid for anything yet. All in all the place was ok, the staff were nice and the bed was warm. It was a unique experience that I will file in my memory, but once was definitely enough. (still not sure what we paid the extra $30 for when booking, as the only difference between the room descriptions was "lounges and large screen tv's" and we got neither in our room. Don, please take a moment to rewrite this to avoid further confusion from future guests)

• Keep away!

Not boutique accomadation, small pokey rooms, hear everything through walls, smells musty especially the guests tv room. Overpriced!
    Meals bad, service bad. Cafe dark and gloomy. Live jazz on Saturdays just the old owner reliving a bad dream. Junk left everywhere outside a real mess. Owner can be rude!
    He gossips with his staff about the guests, can get catty and he doesn't care that he can be heard!
    Stay anywhere but here!