Central Sky Lounge Apartment Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Really ripped off

Me and my partner stayed at these hotel apartments for four nights was ok in the beginning until we came home one day to find our stuff thrown over the floor? The stove didnt work so we couldn't cook, the "free cable" was four sports channels and discovery we were fine with this until we decided to depart the front office staff were very rude and advised us they would be charging us $250 for "smoking" in the rooms which was not done at all, there was no proof at all they said they would not worry with the charge so we left for the airport and when I checked my account thu had taken $150 without even asking I believe that this is unfair and I'm disputing it threw my bank, I paid very good money to stay here and was very disappointed to be treated this way, so please think twice before staying here if you would like to save your own hard earned cash.
    Thanks for your time

More about Melbourne

Lolly ShopLolly Shop

..and my wife's Christmas Card!..and my wife's Christmas Card!

Joe'sGarageJoe'sGarage

St.AliCafeSt.AliCafe

southern travel around melbourne

by ksafinuk

Hi,

We are traveling along the southrn part of australia (kingston to Melbourne). Our accomodations around melbourne is close to phillip island. Looking at a map it looks like the only way is to around the bay through Melbourne.

Is there a ferry service that crosses the bay around Ocean Grove / Dromana or somewhere like that.

by sirgaw

Yes there is a ferry - http://www.searoad.com.au/ - and runs between Sorrento and Queenscliff. I believe its quite expensive, but for getting to Philip Island from Sorrento (almost the southern end of the Mornington Penisular), you'd need to travel north to get around Western Port Bay.

It may be quicker (outside peak time) to travel the Geelong Freeway, West Gate Freeway and onto the M1 (toll) and take the South Gippsland Highway, although I believe the Ferry would be a more scenic option rather than sitting on the freeways/tollway.

by cafank

The ferry is great, I did it last year when on a "Sunday drive" around the bay - can't remember the cost (? $40.00) but so much easier, prettier and quicker than going through Melbourne.

Phillip Island is quite a way from Melbourne so going through the Mornington Peninsular through to the island is a very pretty drive: coast, wineries, farm country. NO doubt you will be going back into Melbourne before you eave so there is time then for the freeways.....

by K.Knight

There is an excellent ferry service that operates between Sorrento and Queenscliff. You can check it all out on this website www.searoad.com.au

Have a great time!

Travel Tips for Melbourne

Melbourne is a funky little...

by welshwonder

Melbourne is a funky little town, lots of cafes to languish in, excellent for shopping and you have to go to the huge Victoria markets which sells everything. Make sure you hang out in st Kilda and the bars Meeting up with mates and seeing a band in the Elephant and Wheelbarrow/ Looking at the shady characters in St Kilda

The great cone in the sky

by iandsmith

Little Lonsdale is home to Melbourne Central, a spectacular blend of ultra-modern architecture with a huge glass cone, the largest freestanding glass structure in the world, enveloping a historic shot tower.
When you're in the surrounding area, it stands out and acts like a magnet which is what it was designed to do since it's a mecca for shopping.
The large glass cone's old Shot Tower used to be used for making shot, as in lead. The technique was to drop the molten lead from a critical height and it would form the correct size by the time it reached the bottom.
"The cone forms an atrium at the centre of the shopping complex, and the relationship between the past and the present gives the building a feeling of symbiotic co-existence."
So say the designers, a Japanese firm. I think it's more of an impost on the skyline but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Under the skylight it's very dramatic.
Shopping aside, it’s still worth a visit.

A sign of prospering

by l_joo

A whole bunch of shoppers is a sign of prospering, they want to shop meaning there are quantity shops to shop and that is a sign of prospering. Shoppers want to make sure there are enough shops for them to shop, tourists as well, and if we upload a picture full of shoppers then shoppers and tourists will not want to leave.

May Packing List - Autumn

by ATXtraveler

Sarah and I first arrived in Melbourne just before May last year, which was definitely the middle of Autumn here. The leaves were falling, and the wind started blowing a little more. After two weeks in Manly up near Sydney, we thought we might be freezing by the time winter came!

If you are headed to Melbourne in May, my tip to you is to layer as much as possible. The weather can literally move through all four seasons in one day, and within a couple hours. Bring a wind jacket, a light jacket, and a heavy jacket. Long pants are definitely recommended as well.

bells beach

by willy_wonka

the first 2 times i had been to melbourne, i missed out on the great ocean road. this time i made sure i saw it, my taking a day trip. only a few hours of out of melbourne, this is definitely worth a see!

along the road you come across famous beaches, like this one, bells beach. home to the ripcurl pro surf tour, this beach has some wicked waves for the surfie out there. sadly for me, the day i was there, the ocean was dead flat. this happened to me in hawaii as well! the gods dont want wonky to see big waves! :(

Comments