192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne, Victoria, 3002, Australia

Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Not worth it at all

Our stay was very disappointing.
    Old gloomy room, old and worn out furniture. Small bathroom, just enough space for toilet and bathtub. Old 21 inch TV. Old carpets. Noisy because of refurbishment.
    Why would you pay 230+$ for a room like that??
    You can get much better rooms for 100$ a night anywhere in Melbourne.

• Steveharley's Profile Photo

Low value Hilton

Stayed for just one night in February. I'm normally pretty happy staying at Hiltons - clean, safe etc....but I had a messy check in, they couldn't find my booking. I ended up in a tatty twin room. Luckily I was only there for a short time as I had clients to take to dinner, but overall not a happy bunny. Surreally Matt Lucas of little Britain fame was in the bar in the evening.

On the strength of this visit I'd choose another hotel next time - life is too short

• Neilzonwheelz's Profile Photo

Best Position for the MCG

Impeccable service.
    Comfortable rooms.
    Effecient check in/ out.
    Lovely spacious bar.
    Typically Hilton.

Unique Quality: Just a brief walk to the MCG.
    Lovely stroll through the park & into the city. 10 minutes.

• OzChik's Profile Photo

Not worth the extra $$$

Last year, I went to a conference in Melbournt at the Hilton, and decided to stay there also. The confernce facitities were great, but this year for accommodation, we have decided to try elsewhere. The rooms aren't anything special...Apparently there's great views (if your room is in the right spot), but ours was of a concrete wall, and for the price, I think there are much better options in and around Melbourne...It was nice to flog all the hilton notepaper and pens in our room, but i don't think this hotel is anything special!

Unique Quality: The Hilton on the Park is close to the MCG and Bridge Road (yay, shopping) and within walking distance or a shor tram ride from the city, so the location isnt too bad. Also, I have seen quite a few famous people there - lots stay when there is something happening at the MCG or Rod Laver Arena, so keep your eye out for celebrities if you do decide to stay here.

• Jannoo's Profile Photo

Good view

The hotel is very strategic. My room is facing directly the MCG. Their service is good and price is reasonable. It's a bit far from the busy street of Melbourne. If you want to relax this is the place. Room is spacious too. I got complimentary wine during my stay here.

Unique Quality: I've tried the jacuzzi and pool. Not bad. just that the pool is not very big.

- Full Breakfast - AUD$18

Directions: From airport take the skybus to Spenser Street, take the hotel shuttle bus from opposite road

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Hilton in the Garden

Unique Quality: I was completely thrilled with the way they treated me and the location. As usual being an actual Hilton the rooms although nice are not suites nor large. Spacious enough though. The breakfast and drinks in the Executive Lounge were good. This hotel has constant differing reviews. It seems to be hit or miss with service. I had a great stay. Others I know have not. I do have reservations to return here in May of 2007.

• ChadSteve1975's Profile Photo

A taste of the good life

I stayed at the hilton for 3 nights over a weekend. The Hotel is a very plush 5 star establishment located a stones throw from the city centre and across the road from the MCG.

Although the exterior of the building is nothing special you don't stay outdoors. It's inside that counts.

The rooms are well maintained, spacious, staff courteous, and food great.

My only negative experience was on the express checkout they added someone elses room service wine onto my bill. This was promptly fixed on checkout.

I paid $165 for the room per night. It was though a quiet weekend.

Unique Quality: The Hotel has a great pool and spa area for those inclined. In addition the gym is first class.

There are function rooms available for the business gathering, it has a great lobby bar for the causal coffee or drink, and a nice buffet restaurant. You might be lucky and have your buffet breakfast included in your stay like I did.

Otherwise the room service meals cary from the light snack to the exensive dinner. Personally I tried the pizza which was great value.

More about Hilton On The Park Melbourne

Nice and enjoyable

by TripAdvisor Member skihorse17

The Hilton was great the staff was terrific and rooms were comfortable. The location is excellent as it is right near the city center. The only thing to know is that when they say double beds they mean an american twin that can only sleep one person so to have the room fit three people order one king and a rollaway or two doubles and a rollaway.

Average Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SBCATraveler

Usually Hilton Hotels are pretty good. This hotel was average. The decor and rooms could use some updating. The room was clean and it had a comfortable bed. The room did include breakfast, which was pretty good for a buffet breakfast, fresh fruit, eggs, breads, etc. The hotel is next to a beautiful park, for a morning walkl. Also you can walk to the Melbourne tram which takes you around the city. The tram makes it easy to be able to explore the city. If we return to Melbourne we probably would investigate other hotels to stay at.

Nice hotel, tired room

by TripAdvisor Member jimthetraveller

A one night stay here.

A typical Hilton. Nice lobby/public area, efficient staff, decent location.

Unfortunately, the executive room we had was tired, shabby, cramped with nasty sheets and a knackered bathroom. Room was also very noisy. We could easily hear the person next door go to toilet. Not nice.

There is nothing special about this hotel, I am sure there is better value in Melbourne.

Comments