Hotel Enterprize

The Great Southern Hotel
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 36% less but rated 25% lower than other 3 star hotels

• most digusting hotel in melbourne

I booked a hotel room over the phone with the hotel enterprize in June 2009. I was told the room was brand new. When i arrived i did the usual check in procedures and then made my way up to the room. I went in to find a tiny room which looked like it had not been cleaned in months and smelt like i have just walked into a brothel/pub. IT WAS DISGUSTING! The bed had not been turned down, the bathroom looked like i had walked into a public toilet and the carpet looked like someone had just walked in with their dirty work boots. I went straight back down stairs and demanded a refund as i had been mislead by the staff. After many attempts to contact the hotel management, all i get back is sorry for the inconvience replies. This hotel is a joke and deserves to be closed down!

Unique Quality: None!

• Great Location & Rates

I made my reservation online at http://www.hotelenterprise.com.au and got a great deal. They have very good rates and the best of all is their location. Public transport on the doorstep and very close to Pubs, Restaurants, Crown Casino, Southgate, New Quay, MCG, Telstra Dome etc. It is good accommodation and I will highly recommend it. It is budget accommodation at its best

Unique Quality: Onsite restaurant, 24 hour reception, Courtyard, Laundry & Dry Cleaning, Undercover secure parking, Great Rates

More about Hotel Enterprize

read bad reviews, but were wrong thank goodness

my husband and i stayed at the hotel enterprize, 28-30th april, although aprehensive after reading the reviews (after i booked and paid!) but thank goodness they were wrong, we stayed in the 'double budget' in the courtyard and we thankfully surprised the hotel staff were nice, and helpful and the room was clean and smelt nice, with complimentary coffee supplies (which they were happy to keep refilling!) awesome location and although no frills was a comfortable bed to rest our weary bodies in at the end of teh day, for under $85AUS a night couldnt ask for much more..

dont be fooled...

by TripAdvisor Member Maxdis

I must say that i was very surprised with this Hotel. Like many others I searched the net to see if I could find a review about Hotel Enterprize. It seemed to me that there were more negatives than positives especially as we were staying in the "budget" side of the Hotel.

Well the thing i learnt was dont believe everything you read. This Hotel is great if you are looking to "park" your head. Its clean and comfortable. Its no 5 star but i would say a very high 3.5 star. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help.

For what you pay its great value..if I need to go back to Melbourne , no need to look anymore for me, I know where I'll be staying!

Nice place

I only managed to read the terrible reviews on this hotel after reservation has been made. But they've been proven wrong after I checked in to the courtyard budget room: lots of fresh air, comfy room, nice shower, centrally located etc. But my advise is: don't turn on the heater/air con (whatever that thing is) coz u'll be having difficult time trying to sleep in an 'oven' no matter in summer or winter.

With a price of Aus$68 per nite for 5 nites, there shouldn't be a reason for me to complain at all.

Very good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member Cartman88

After reading some of the other reviews I had prepared myself for some really budget accomodation - but I was pleasantly surprised and would have to say that this hotel was actually great value for money - I was paying around $85 per night.

My room was clean and had a seperate lounge and bedroom area (each had a television) - there were basic kitchen ameneties including a fridge and microwave.

The hotel was in a convenient location within close walking distance to Telstra Dome and Crown Casino - it is also convenient to the trams and Southern Cross railway station - there is a really nice pizza place just a couple of doors down from the hotel.

Would not recommend this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jessica3

I stayed at this hotel for 8 days. I had already looked up the Enterprize Hotel on the internet, and the pictures of the rooms, which were displayed both in the hotel brochure and on the internet, looked quite nice. I was also told that the rooms were newly renovated. When I did arrive at the hotel, I was quite pleased with the reception area, it looked nice. But from there it all went downhill. When we entered the hotel room ( A Courtyard room) I was extremely shocked. The bed was old and the paint on it had started to peel. Next to one wall there stood an ancient dirty heater and the drawers in the room didn't have any handles. Also the bed covers were stained. There were no chairs, and we were staying in this room for over a week. We managed to change to another room. This room was bigger and had chairs, but it was extremely filthy. The staff was very unhelpful, and lied to us several times. This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at.

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member AnneMareeF.

I had booked room before reading reviews. I realise the room is a good price for the Melbourne CBD but it wasn't as good as described on their website. I agreed with the reviews that said the bedspread was grubby and unironed, the shower spray was pitiful (my grandaughter had to wash her hair under the bath taps to rinse), the TV was in a cupboard and could not be seen from both the double beds, there were three of us and only two towels provided - I requested more the first afternoon and had to ring the next morning before they bought them to the room and the desk staff where not real familiar with transport arrangements to get to certain attractions. I suppose you get what you pay for.

Great location and price

by TripAdvisor Member Ian1a

My wife and I plus 2 kids stayed at this hotel from the 21 to 26 July and found it a great place to stay,good budget accomodation with a great location, the room was clean and the staff seemed to be helpful,(thanks Bennyand the house maids), it was all we needed, and that was a place to sleep, I would and will stay at this hotel again, and I have stayed at top hotels all over the world.
The price was right and it made our trip as it was so convenient to the tram telstra dome,casino etc.
the only bad point was breakfast one morning was mixed up and my wife went without, the guy did not understand what I had asked for.

Don't book it.

by TripAdvisor Member luckyloupink

We book this hotel over the internet, rooms looked nice and sounded a nice central place. could we have been more wrong.
Reception was ok a little dark but ok. we were given are room key and was booked in to court yard room. when we entered the room i walked straight back out. It was like going back in time, the worst room i ve ever been in. It was dark, damp and the furniture was like something you would have thrown away, the bathroom wasn't much better. the window didn't open. opposite are room was the holiday inn, we left striaght away i din't want to stay a minute longer. we checked in to the holiday inn and had a wonderful room.

Please do not stay here.

Astoria City Travel Inn vs Hotel Enterprize

by edelweiss66

Hi!

Will be going to Melbourne end November and I'm looking for a place to stay. Between the about 2 budget hotels, which is a better option? In terms of location, facilities, cleanliness, etc?

Thanks! =)

RE: Astoria City Travel Inn vs Hotel Enterprize

by mgmarcus

Check out the reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com/ Only one for the Astoria but quite a few for the Enterprize. Location wise they are fairly close together so may not be an issue. Hotel Enterprize looks good from what you can see from the outside but I guess that is not so important.

Comments