Mantra on Little Bourke

Tags

Arts and Culture Women's Travel Business Travel
See Amenities
Openseas's Profile Photo

A Home away from home- exceptional value.

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 7, 2007

We have stayed in numerous hotels in Melbourne due to business. My hubby was running a conference in this hotel for a week, so we had booked 20 rooms. I got to view most rooms as I am very fussy and selective when it comes to booking rooms for clients. This hotel is not a five star luxury hotel but offers extremely good value with modern spacious suites.

It is positioned in the business district of Melbourne just opposite the Supreme Court, and five minutes walk to the Myer Shopping Centre the heart of the CBD and ten minute walk to Flinders Station and Federation Square.

Our suite 808 was on the smoking 8th floor which my hubby had requested; it was huge with a open planned lounge room, dining area, and working desk with internet connection, small kitchenette with mini bar, fridge, tea and coffee facilities, cutlery, crockery, and glasses. A plasma TV and CD player was also provided. The room overlooked the Supreme Court and street.

The bedroom was enormous with king size bed, bedside tables and lamps, heavy block out curtains, safe, TV and a large wardrobe. The bathroom was spacious with separate shower and bath tub, vanity sink, hairdryer, bathrobes and good fluffy towels.

The Eighth Spice restaurant was located on the ground floor which served breakfast and dinner. Next door was the bar which also provided “happy Hour” and was opened late. Breakfast was average but good, serving cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, tomatoes etc with fresh juice and coffee. I asked for poached eggs which was never a problem for the staff. T

Staff were happy to help us especially since we had so many rooms booked. .

I have given this hotel a five star rating for the lovely spacious suites, position, and value for money.

Unique Quality: This hotel represents excellent value for money, I would stay here again, primarily for the spacious suites, I am a space freak and I would prefer an apartment than a standard hotel room. As I have mentioned before, I have stayed at numerous 5 star luxury hotels in Melbourne and personally I was very happy with the Pacific International and will stay here again.

Pros: Excellent spacious suites offering modern facilities. It is a short walk into the CBD area and restaurants. Value for money. Laundry service excellent. If you want to relax in comfort after a long day exploring Melbourne then this hotel is perfect.

Cons: Cleaning service poor and staff courtesy needs improvement.

Tip: Eat outside, there are heaps of cafes offering breakfast close by, and certainly eat outside for dinner .Melbourne is filled with the best restaurants in Australia. Try the Flower Drum (Chinese) the Botanical, Stoke house (St Kilda), Lygon Street Carlton, the GPO building CBD, Docklands and Southbank areas .Plus don’t forget to see the Great Ocean Road.

Directions: Opposite the Supreme Court NOT Myer Pacific suites.

Openseas's Profile Photo

Excellent value.

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 21, 2007

Our suite 808 was huge with a open planned lounge room, dining area, and working desk with internet connection, small kitchenette with mini bar, fridge, tea and coffee facilities, cutlery, crockery, and glasses. A plasma TV and CD player was also provided. The room overlooked the Supreme Court and street.

The standard studio apartments are terrific; my daughter visited me, so I booked a room for her, and she was really disappointed she didn’t bring her friends “Wow! I could have a party in this room”.

This hotel represents excellent value for money. As I have mentioned before, I have stayed at numerous 5 star luxury hotels in Melbourne and personally I was very happy with the Pacific International and will stay here again.

Staff were happy to help us especially since we had so many rooms booked. .

Unique Quality: Excellent value and lovely spacious apartments.

Directions: Opposite the Supreme Court located in the business district of Melbourne. Its a five minute walk down the hill to Myers shopping centre and the mall.

kenyneo's Profile Photo

A nice place ....for money

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 24, 2005

A nice apartment suites ...

Whats good here -

1) Reasonably price
2) Apartment suite but with restaurant ( thus breaky and room service is available
3) Very near to Chinatown and basically in city centre

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Melbourne Travel Forum

Need advice about Melbourne, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Melbourne and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Melbourne hotel reviews

Somerset On Elizabeth
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews
Jasper Hotel (Formerly Hotel Y )
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews