270 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000, Australia

See Amenities
cheerssweetie's Profile Photo

Nice Price Nice Place

by written on May 8, 2009

Handy location in the Melbourne CBD.

Hotel is of a good Standard, nice and clean and room provided all the necessary and usual amenities of a Novotel. Toilitries provided, clean crisp towels, hairdryer, iron, ironingboard, flatscreen tv, internet connections.

Happy with my stay here and the price was great AUD $149.00 for the night.

Had a meal in from Room Service AUD$29.00 for the biggest Sandwich you have ever seen and a Chocolate Milkshake. Had juice and a Pepsi from the Minibar AUD4.00 each.

Nice Place - Unusual entrance though has a very small lobby (where some of the bellhops seem to live) which at first you think is reception head to the rear and the elevators take you up to reception.

traceandjase's Profile Photo

by written on August 29, 2005

This hotel itself is clean and modern and the staff are friendly.
The rooms are of the 3 - 4 star variety: pay to view movies, room service, internet points, mini bar and the like.
The buffet breakfast is very good with a great range of food all cooked and presented to a great standard.
This is part of the Accor chain so you can normally get great rates through Accor Advantage plus (or similar hotel scheme in your area) and also has great deals on any of the last minute accommodation websites.
Full prices, I'm not sure as I always look for a special!!!!

Unique Quality: This is a really great place to stay as a central location in the city. It is directly connected to Australia on Collins (large shopping mall) and is only a short walk or taxi ride to places such as the Casino, Arts Centre, Federation Square and the MCG.

millablake's Profile Photo

The centre of the Melbourne CBD

by written on May 18, 2005

The rooms are very clean and the service is generally good.

Unique Quality: The generous sized rooms have air conditioning, Hairdryer, Heating, Mini bar, Pay-per-view movies, Radio, Kitchenette and Telephone.

Very Secure.

Close to shops, The National Gallery of Victoria, Federation Square, the MGC and Colonal Stadium and public transport.

The location is fantastic.

From the airport: follow the freeway and turn left onto Flemington Road and right onto Elizabeth Street. Follow Elizabeth Street until you come to Collins Street. Turn left into Collins, travel 20 metres and the hotel is on the left side.

Tram 109 or 112 tram from either Spencer Street or Spring Street and get off either at the Swanston or Elizabeth Street stops.

Directions: In the heart of the CBD.

aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Gr8 Location With all the Amenities

by written on January 19, 2005

Because I am Advantage Plus Member I could use one of my 50% discount coupons for any of the Accor Hotels in Melbourne from the Sofitel, Novotel or Mercure range. The helpful person at bookings told me that this hotel was best situated in terms of my reason for visiting Melbourne.

So I trundled up about 10 a.m. hoping to have my baggage stored while I headed out for the day before coming back to check in at 2 p.m. However, the very helpful young lady who checked me in found a room straight away so I was able to dump my gear up in my room & freshen up before heading out to orientate myself. Great customer service & an excellent start for my short stay with them.

Unique Quality: What I like best about this hotel was its handy location. It took me less than 10 minutes to walk to the National Gallery of Victoria - International on the other side of the Yarra River & about the same amount of time to walk up Bourke St to the Parliament of Victoria on Spring St. About 15 minutes walking in any direction would have taken me to just about all of the City's must see attractions.

As with any hotel of this level you get a pool & gym. The other thing I used was the business centre where I could purchase a card for $5 which gave me 25 minutes of internet usage in the business centre. I was advised by one of the smiling ladies at reception that this would be a much better value option than using the internet via the television & keyboard in my room. Again, excellent customer service.

Directions: Collins Street between the two cross streets - Elizabeth & Swanston Streets

Nearby Novotel Melbourne on Collins

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Melbourne Travel Forum

Need advice about Melbourne, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Melbourne and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Melbourne hotel reviews

Crown Towers
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 11 Reviews
Somerset On Elizabeth
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Jasper Hotel (Formerly Hotel Y )
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews