270 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000, Australia

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• cheerssweetie's Profile Photo

Nice Price Nice Place

Handy location in the Melbourne CBD.

Hotel is of a good Standard, nice and clean and room provided all the necessary and usual amenities of a Novotel. Toilitries provided, clean crisp towels, hairdryer, iron, ironingboard, flatscreen tv, internet connections.

Happy with my stay here and the price was great AUD $149.00 for the night.

Had a meal in from Room Service AUD$29.00 for the biggest Sandwich you have ever seen and a Chocolate Milkshake. Had juice and a Pepsi from the Minibar AUD4.00 each.

Nice Place - Unusual entrance though has a very small lobby (where some of the bellhops seem to live) which at first you think is reception head to the rear and the elevators take you up to reception.

• traceandjase's Profile Photo

Novotel Melbourne on Collins

This hotel itself is clean and modern and the staff are friendly.
    The rooms are of the 3 - 4 star variety: pay to view movies, room service, internet points, mini bar and the like.
    The buffet breakfast is very good with a great range of food all cooked and presented to a great standard.
    This is part of the Accor chain so you can normally get great rates through Accor Advantage plus (or similar hotel scheme in your area) and also has great deals on any of the last minute accommodation websites.
    Full prices, I'm not sure as I always look for a special!!!!

Unique Quality: This is a really great place to stay as a central location in the city. It is directly connected to Australia on Collins (large shopping mall) and is only a short walk or taxi ride to places such as the Casino, Arts Centre, Federation Square and the MCG.

• millablake's Profile Photo

The centre of the Melbourne CBD

The rooms are very clean and the service is generally good.

Unique Quality: The generous sized rooms have air conditioning, Hairdryer, Heating, Mini bar, Pay-per-view movies, Radio, Kitchenette and Telephone.

Very Secure.

Close to shops, The National Gallery of Victoria, Federation Square, the MGC and Colonal Stadium and public transport.

The location is fantastic.

From the airport: follow the freeway and turn left onto Flemington Road and right onto Elizabeth Street. Follow Elizabeth Street until you come to Collins Street. Turn left into Collins, travel 20 metres and the hotel is on the left side.

Tram 109 or 112 tram from either Spencer Street or Spring Street and get off either at the Swanston or Elizabeth Street stops.

Directions: In the heart of the CBD.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Gr8 Location With all the Amenities

Because I am Advantage Plus Member I could use one of my 50% discount coupons for any of the Accor Hotels in Melbourne from the Sofitel, Novotel or Mercure range. The helpful person at bookings told me that this hotel was best situated in terms of my reason for visiting Melbourne.

So I trundled up about 10 a.m. hoping to have my baggage stored while I headed out for the day before coming back to check in at 2 p.m. However, the very helpful young lady who checked me in found a room straight away so I was able to dump my gear up in my room & freshen up before heading out to orientate myself. Great customer service & an excellent start for my short stay with them.

Unique Quality: What I like best about this hotel was its handy location. It took me less than 10 minutes to walk to the National Gallery of Victoria - International on the other side of the Yarra River & about the same amount of time to walk up Bourke St to the Parliament of Victoria on Spring St. About 15 minutes walking in any direction would have taken me to just about all of the City's must see attractions.

As with any hotel of this level you get a pool & gym. The other thing I used was the business centre where I could purchase a card for $5 which gave me 25 minutes of internet usage in the business centre. I was advised by one of the smiling ladies at reception that this would be a much better value option than using the internet via the television & keyboard in my room. Again, excellent customer service.

Directions: Collins Street between the two cross streets - Elizabeth & Swanston Streets

More about Novotel Melbourne on Collins

The Service was Admiring

by TripAdvisor Member BubblesToowoomba

With a business trip mto melbourne i coudnt have asked for a more conveinent hote. The staff were exceptionally helpful especially the lobby men and women. As a tourist to the city we had no idea where much was so one particular dorr man was extremley helpfull as soon as he saw us get out of the elevator he would have a maop and a highlighter ready to greet us with a "so where are we off to today ladies". It was one of the most serene trips i have ever taken and will deffinatley be going back to the beautiful sity with highly rated staff members. It was an absoulute pleasure to stay with The Novotel On collins and i will deffinatley be advising to other people to stay with them. Emma QLD

novotel on collins is great

by TripAdvisor Member popBallarat

Our stay at the Novotel on collins in Melbourne Australia was great, my husband and our three children enjoy the close proximity to so many of melbournes attractions. the staff at the hotel were exceptional in providing us with all that we needed Romm service meals were lovely as was the room and pool. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Jayne56

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Novotel on Collins. It was so central to my conference and all the shops too.

The bed and pillows were so comfy it was hard to get out of bed in the mornings. All the meals were excellent, we didn't need to leave the hotel at night to look for restaurants.

Definately would recommend this hotel to everyone and will certainly be returning here again soon.

Jayne

Lovely hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member jills12

I Stayed here with my hubby and daughter for one week during my trip to Melbourne. We really liked this hotel - very clean and comfortable and in the best location only minutes away from so many restaurants and China Town. This hotel is on top of a shopping mall and right in the heart of the city so very convenient for shopping. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. Also, I noticed someone commented on the beds and pillows being very comfortable - we found this too - my hubby even checked the make of the bed he liked it so much!!!

The only negatives for us were the fact that you have to pay $30 per day for valet parking (unless you want to park yourself and pay less a few blocks away). Also, the pool was very small, but we weren't there for a pool holiday so this did not bother us.

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable central hotel this is the one!

Best hotel for price!

by TripAdvisor Member 44_dars_44

Stayed for a night on augast the 1st. absolutely loved it.

The novotel was a short walk from everything. the buffet breakfast was very yummy, but took a while when you ordered a hot chocolate.

the beds were the cumfiest i had ever slept in and the midnight room service was exceptional.

there was a pillow menu in the cupboard was a good idea, but hidden so we didn't find it to it was to late.

overall a great experience and would stay there again.

Rooms were lovely, service ok

by TripAdvisor Member Bunburyite

I stayed at this hotel whilst on business in Melbourne. I thought the rooms were comfortable and clean with a modern decor. The room service dinner was well prepared and arrived very quickly. The internet service in the main foyer was fantastic as well. The only part of my stay that I would have to say was a negative was arriving after our 5 1/2 flight to check in at the hotel at 1pm and being told that this was not possible as they had a lot of bookings for that night and to come back at 2pm (in the middle of my meeting at the hotel!). All other front office staff were lovely.

Comments