4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 38% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Hilton Melbourne Airport

looking tired

by TripAdvisor Member digger2

As airport hotels go this is a great one.I've stayed there at least 10 times, by myself & with the whole family & I would have to say that we really enjoy it.

however it is starting to look tired. The rooms are in need of a freshning up (eg.the blinds) and the pool area is looking shabby & as mentioned by another reviewer the front desk needs attention.

at same time the staff are fantastic & the beds good & the rooms spacious.

Business travellers should stop here

by TripAdvisor Member DrLPN

I have been to many, many business meetings here, and stayed here approximately 10 times over 2005 and 2006. The hotel is consistently very good - modern, clean, efficient and with impeccable service. It is quiet, which is amazing so close to the airport and of course, incredibly convenient. I will definitely be staying here again

Great if you need to stay at Airport

by TripAdvisor Member Tas-wanderer

I have stayed at this hotel previously for business (meetings held at one of the many meeting rooms) and have found it to be most acceptable. The check in was quick, courteous and very business like and the staff offered to look after luggage while I attended my meeting (my room was not ready but that was fine as I had arrived at 7.30am via plane).
The first time I stayed at the hotel some months previous I had had a room which overlooked Melbourne (mind you you do need binoculars or a powerful zoom lens- see photos) and I think this side was considerably quieter than the side which overlooks the airport.
The room was very clean, bathroom was excellent, room service was fast, efficient and quality was also good (a little pricey but then you are at a hotel at the airport with very little else around you- so captive market).
It was fun watching the planes take off and land and the location with respect to the airport is excellent so if you need a night of sleep before venturing to other places it is ideal (but of course not cheap, but what is ?)
One comment is that a take away coffee which we all partook of was very expensive...$5... so we would regularly go over to the airport and buy our coffee there. Also as the bar fridges (in the room) are monitored by computers be very careful not to move anything in the fridge.
I was also impressed that there was a steam/dry iron in the room which made for keeping one's clothes neat and pressed, very much easier chore.

only for business people

by TripAdvisor Member lozz13

I spent one night at the Hilton which is definatley clean, tidy, friendly staff, it just has no character whatsoever. It is highly overpriced for what you get, the continental breakfast was $50 for two of us! The rooms were kept in perfect order but the beds hard as a rock.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with this place, it just doesn't provide value for money. I would from now on stay at the Holiday Inn which is behind it, for half the price and it is just as nice, if not a bit better.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member taskatarina

We stayed for one night in Nov 2007. Directions and access to hotel was very easy and quick after a long international flight. The room was great, spacious and the kingsize bed and pillows were very comfy. Reception were very helpful and polite. No noise whatsoever and a perfect location.

Favorite Hotel in Melbourne

by TripAdvisor Member DrillerXX

I travel through Melbourne for business every other month, and before I get on the long flight back to the states, I have to stay at the Hilton at the airport. The atmosphere is so relaxing, the luxurious rooms are great, and the staff is very professional. The food in the Airo restaurant is some of the best I have had in Australia, and I have eaten some great food here, so that is saying a lot. The chefs do a wonderful steak, and the chicken club sandwich is ridiculously good. It is all a bit pricey, so I couldn't really recommend it to anyone travelling on their own dime for a bargain stay, but if your travelling on business it cannot be beat. If you can, get a room on the 9th floor, it is the top floor, and it is very quiet, and the views of the airport are great.

Plane Spotters Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member babbyf

The Hilton Melbourne Airport is a perfect place for plane spotting. I had a room on the top floor with a great view of the airport. With the Arrivals and Departures screens available on the in-room TV you can know when all the flights will arrive and depart.

For people who are not plane lovers, you don't need to worry about the noise... because the rooms are very well sound-proofed. You're more likely to hear a conversation coming from the corridor than the sound of a plane taking off.

The rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are also very large with seperate bath and shower.

I highly recommend this hotel, whether you're a plane spotter or not.

View of planes take off

by TripAdvisor Member SVS_GEMINI

My flight was delayed from Melbourne and I had to stay back another night in Melbourne so took up a deluxe room - wow what a lovely room and the view to the planes take off....lovely!! I counted 18 planes took off - every 4-5minutes interval.

So convenient and relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member blueskydreamer

Stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to Melbourne airport.
I'm so glad we did. It is right opposite the airport - so convenient that you can just walk over there from the arrivals area.

You can even take your luggage on the cart right into the elevator and up into your room to keep it for your departure the next day.

The bed and linen were so comfortable. Just what you need after a stressful day and long flight.

Everything was new and extremely clean...including the spacious bathroom.
You have a fabulous view of the planes, but don't worry there must be triple glazing because you can't hear a thing.

I had the best sleep here and would stay again without hesitation.

Hilton Hotel Melbourne AirportHilton Hotel Melbourne Airport