1 Parliament Square, Melbourne, Victoria, 3002, Australia

Travelocity Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• boojum's Profile Photo

Super, Super Hotel

Rooms wonderful and beautifully equipped to the highest standard, nothing too much trouble, restaurants very good and everything perfect, queries dealt with promptly and restaurant reservations outside no trouble

Unique Quality: Great quiet location near to Collins Street and Park nearby, next door were Victorian Buildings occupied by National Trust.

• Audrey118's Profile Photo

The best in Melbourne

Great location - next to Cathedral, and has tram service down to the main shopping area. Has a wonderful restaurant Radii where I had a wonderful s\dessert sampler. Once I ate coq au vin which was excellent - but my memory slanted towards the great dessert. They also make their own ice cream - and simple vanilla was excellent - yoiu can actually see the dots of vanilla in it - yum

More about Park Hyatt Melbourne

Best Hotel I have Stayed At

by TripAdvisor Member Onie13

This was our 2nd stay at the Park Hyatt Melbourne - we stayed here on the night of our wedding and used the hotel and surroundings for wedding photos which they had no problems with. The room is just gorgeous, with the bathtub with tv. Probably the best room i have ever stayed in. The sheets and pillows were so comfortable too.

Not the cheapest of places but worth it for a special occasion.

Real Jewel

by TripAdvisor Member wolverine-traveler

I spent a lot of time researching Melbourne hotels prior to selecting the Park Hyatt for our recent two night stay. It was the perfect choice. This is truly an outstanding hotel. Some people might prefer a more central location, but I actually liked the quiet setting and it was only a short stroll to the main shopping area.

The hotel itself was perfect. It was a manageable size. Classy public areas. Luxurious room with large marble bath that featured a deep soaking tub with TV.

I did use some Gold Passport points to get a free upgrade to a Regency Floor so maybe that's why the room was so nice. I would recommend this upgrade even if you don't have the points. I don't think the cost difference is that great and it does ensure that you get one of the better rooms. The Regency Floor also allows entry into the Regency Club, which was one of the nicer hotel clubs I've ever seen. The bar and buffet had everything you could possibly want and it was all complimentary. It did cause us to change our dinner plans though. We skipped dinner one night and had lunch instead of dinner the next day. Another benefit of the Regency Room was the breakfast that was included. It was one of the better hotel breakfast buffets I've seen.

If you need to have a view of the Yarra River, pick another hotel. The Park Hyatt overlooks a beautiful park--but no water in sight. I personally would highly recommend the Park Hyatt and would stay there again on our next trip to Melbourne.

Very best of Melbourne

by TripAdvisor Member MasterGee

I was upgraded to a suite at this wonderful park hyatt property and relished every second of my stay. It truly is a fantastic hotel. Service was wonderful (although check-in took a little longer than expected), the food was great, and the rooms were unreal. I wouldnt stay anywere else when visiting Melbourne.

Met all expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Needham newbie

We chose this hotel because of the rave reviews it had already received, and it definitely lived up to expectations. I think this is the best hotel room we have ever stayed in. It was HUGE and sumptuous, and the bathroom alone was worth the price. It's the only hotel room we've ever taken photographs of! Would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend it to others!

The Best Hotel in Australia

The Park Hyatt is the best hotel in Australia. By a great margin. Everything about this hotel is great, and as such, sees our family return there every time we are required to stay in Melbourne. Therefore, I draw the following from my countless nights there.

The Park Hyatt has the best rooms I have ever seen. I have stayed in the suites of the Ritz in London and Paris, the Waldorf in New York, the Raffles in Singapore, and the Peninsula in Hong Kong, yet I have never experienced such a comfortable and well designed room as that of the Park Hyatt. From the lighting, to the television in the bathroom, this is a really well done room. The size is terrific. The beds are beautiful, and the whole feel of the room is condusive to just lying down and relaxing. The design of the room is quite masculine in its choice of panelling and colours on the bed. The subtle style of the room really does convey the whole feel of Melbourne.

The Park Lounge overlooking the city is a beautiful lounge, one of the best in Australia. The beverages and canapes available are terribly good, and usually rids one desire to go to radii, the best hotel restaurant one could ever experience, for dinner. The lounge is spacious, yet still holds that sophisticated intamacy that give the space a real Melbourne feel. The staff in the lounge are efficient, and the whole atmosphere is great of an evening.

The day spa, pool and gym facilities are what you would expect of a five star hotel. The bathrooms, steam rooms and saunas are well designed, and the pool is just of the right size to be able to relax in and swim a few laps. A good facility, but not outstanding.

The business centre at the Hyatt is Melbourne's best. Anything you need, it is there.

Unlike a few of the previous reviews, I am willing to say that what makes the Park Hyatt the best hotel in Australia in service. By and large, the service is efficient, and staff are always willing to help and friendly.One experience stays with me.My mother speaks French and French only. My father's English skills are limited to thankyou and hello. Usually, they are shrugged off by reception staff at all hotels in Australia, Britain, the United States and New Zealand. However, one of the receptionists at the Hyatt did speak French fluently. So this receptionist was at the Park Lounge when Mum and Dad needed assistance, and she was there to assure that all things were taken care fo when we departed. This personal service is absolutely outstanding, and shall always leave a lasting impression on me.

The Park Hyatt is exceptional. Its whole style is great. It is a great experience.

Best Park Hyatt Ever

by TripAdvisor Member brodyboy

Wow! Great rooms, great staff, opulent lobby, nice spa, stunning restaurant. Our room was spacious and well furnished. The bathroom had two sinks, a large bathtub with a view and a TV. The walk-in closet was a great plus as we were spending 8 nights and used the space to fully unpack and organize our stuff. All this and close to the CBD, Melbourne Tennis Centre and Cricket Stadium [in fact, our room had a view of both] or an easy tram ride to some of the more fun suburbs. Only two minor dings – Housekeeping can be a bit lax from day to day [nothing big but little things like no tissue paper, missing towels] and their Broadband service in the rooms is about as fast as an old 28K modem and at $.55 a min that gets old. Other than that, if you are willing to splurge while in Melbourne, this is the place for you

Comments