Quest Fairfax House

Expedia.com Booking.com

Tags

Work Abroad Women's Travel Family Travel
See Amenities

Great room and location but a bit noisy

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 11, 2010

I booked this hotel primarily because of the relatively cheap price on the Quest Website. I arrived at the Quest Fairfax earlier than the check-in time and the staff member agreed to store my luggage while I explored the city. After a few hours I returned and I was able to check-in quickly enough. As I was heading up I got a bit nervous as the lift was quite old. When I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised that it was rather large. The room was clean and had laundry and a kitchen. The kitchen was stocked with tea/coffee making appliances as well as pots, pans and a stove. Despite the bad reviews regarding noise from the street I was not really disturbed by that though I could sometimes hear people moving in the hall outside. There was no free Internet and the pay internet was quite expensive and slow. Locationwise it was a ten minute walk to the Immigration Museum and Federation Square.

Unique Quality: Nice room with clean kitchen and laundry facilities.

cheerssweetie's Profile Photo

Nice Apartment

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 8, 2009

Located almost in the hear of Melbourne this place was a great.

Stayed in a self contained two bedroom apartment (got lucky) was upgraded, was only suppose to be in a studio apartment.

It was nice to be upgraded but this place was really too big for one person for one night.

Apartment was two levels. Laundry, 2nd toilet shower, Kitchen area stove, microwave etc combined dining and lounge. Upstairs two huge bedrooms, masterbedroom has walkin robe and double basined bathroom, seperate shower and bath. Had outdoor yard as well.

Clean well appointed with all you need. Great if you are staying for a longer stay. Room is serviced daily. Drycleaning service available, breakfast packs available to be delivered to room.

I found an IGA (Grocer/mini supermarket) close by, should you wish to get food items for the kitchen and bathroom needs.

Limited secure car parking was available for AUD$20 per night.

Rate was AUD$130.00 for the night

Directions: Located between Elizabeth and Queen Streets.

Nearby Quest Fairfax House

Quest Fairfax House

• Quest Fairfax House Hotel Melbourne

Address: 392 Little Collins St., Melbourne, Victoria, 3000, Australia

Amenities at Quest Fairfax House

• Suites
  • Kitchenette

Melbourne Travel Forum

Need advice about Melbourne, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Melbourne and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Melbourne hotel reviews