Quest South Yarra Mews

1 Park Lane, South Yarra, Melbourne, Victoria, 3141, Australia

More about Melbourne

Graffiti ...Graffiti ...

beach at mornington peninsulabeach at mornington peninsula

Yarra RiverYarra River

Melbourne Skyline from the Yarra RiverMelbourne Skyline from the Yarra River

swine flu

by wanjini

Hi..will be visiting melbourne soon but heard that the city was badly affected by swine flu H1N1 anybody who lives there could comment on the current situation about that...thank you

by kellyannrob

There are a number of cases but its mainly affecting school children and schools.
I have not notice anything and I think the media is spending more time on this issue that is warranted.

I work in a school and we had 2 girls infected they were off school for a week and back good as new.

Enjoy your trip and I doubt you will notice anything of the swine except in the papers.

Kelly

by wanjini

good to hear that kelly..thanks for the informations

by craic

i live here in melbourne and the number of cases (according to our local media) seems to have peaked in the last day or two

but it does seem to be very very mild - milder than an ordinary winter flu

i have seen people interviewed (from a distance) who have got it and they seemed very perky indeed

how soon will you be coming here?

by wanjini

I will be there early august and hope everything would be back to normal..quite scary to note about a few hundreds contracting the illness from a local aussie website but I believe locals and people like you should know better.

by craic

well we are not running scared i do assure you

august is a fair time away - if things suddenly get worse everyone will know

but i think i can safely say that by august it will all be over

by chinamonty

I will concur with has been said -this has probably been one of the less harmful flu strains we have had. I know it was bad in some overseas places but it really hasn't been as bad as we imagined it was going to be. We arent complacent though and doctors are treating cases on their merit. Hope you have a great visit to Melbourne.

by wanjini

Thanks everybody..at least I feel assured and I am looking forward to a pleasant holiday in melbourne and tasmania this august.

by wanjini

Hi...a few deaths have been reported in melbourne and cases increase each day..so is the stuation getting worse?

by craic

not that i have noticed - all the people who have died have had severe underlying medical conditions

Travel Tips for Melbourne

Travel on the City Circle free...

by sexydavid

Travel on the City Circle free Tram ride. Take the trip one way, then on another day take the free ride the other way, amazing what you see and hear from the free travel guide on a great tape. Have some good fun.. Sitting on SOUTHBANK watching the world go by, and enjoying the great range of restaurants, then a short walk to the Crown Casino, to look, and maybe spend a little.

Lion Stoned

by l_joo

Sorry I was unable to recall the name of the place, I saw there a pitiful lion being stoned, don't know why they did it but I guess it was for displaying, viewing or maybe taking photos. They stoned not only a lion but also some humans and other stuffs, quite scary, but maybe you like it or people like it, I don't know, I think is good to show in VT tip section for public comment and ratings.

Tour Guide.

by AndreaPrice

It is a local custom to contact me when you are in melbourne and say hi. I am always up for meeting new people from all walks of life and I will be the best Travel agent in town. It is also a custom to pay me generously!! Just joking but love to hear from any visitors.

Packing List

by KhaanPatrick

my mummy is no old bag and ombre better not treat her as one cause mummy has a nasty temper hehehe. i always dress to impress the girls.
IF they are cute they have a chance .
Melbourne woman know a well dressed man when they see one.

What to do after shopping!!

by Gwynneth

The banks of the Yarra River offer spectacular views
of the Melbourne city skyline.

Within walking distance you'll find a fantastic array of shops and eateries. (I'm telling you the shops are everywhere!! Its so exciting!!)

Only minutes from the CBD, and with public transport readily available, you’ll be free to soak up the inner city lifestyle in the surrounding parklands while you enjoy these fantastic views!

Comments