Mount Dandenong Hotels

• Hollygate profile photo Hollygate
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Dandenong Ranges: Dandenong Ranges family-friendly Accommodation

For people looking for family - friendly Accommodation - not all accommodation in the Dandenong Ranges are for couples as suggested by someone who posted a recent review of the region. There are many properties that cater for families. Advisable to contact the local tourism office of any region to find out what is available short or long term, they know the area and who has availabilities, and are there to help tourist and travellers alike. Sometimes searching on the internet does not always find you want you want in the area you want.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written October 18, 2010

• MMGTraveller profile photo MMGTraveller
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Linden Gardens Rainforest Retreat: Linden Gardens made my husband very popular

My husband booked a weekend here for our anniversary and I couldn't have wished for anything more romantic and impressive. He really did earn some brownie points. There was nothing that we wanted that we didn't have, from complimentary chocolates and wine, an amazing package of things for the bath including a loofah, bath salts, bubble bath, bath oils which were all complimentary. My husband forgot his toothbrush but it didn't matter as there was a draw full of things that you might need or forget that you could purchase (at normal prices!).
My husband especially liked the 42" Plasma TV and the great selection of DVDs (he's a movie buff). There were quite a few recent movies that we hadn't got around to seeing, so we even managed to squeeze one in before breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, that was one of the best bits as it was a wonderful cooked breakfast that was delivered to our room which was just perfect, no getting dressed and going to a room with strangers. We sat in our bathrobes and slippers in front of the TV - it was just so perfect. Sorry - I'm raving on now! I'll stop.

The Gardens were lovely and gave you a real feel of being in the middle of nature. The possums were quite noisy on a few occasions though.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Wine Tasting, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written February 23, 2008

• tiabunna profile photo tiabunna
  • Reviews: 785

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lifestyle Apartments

If there’s one thing lacking in the Dandenong Ranges area, it’s family-friendly accommodation! Up in the hills, you’ll find many cosy little B&Bs, all set up for an intimate weekend get-away. But it seems that’s about the extent – not much help when looking for accommodation for an extended family group!

I found Lifestyle Apartments through an extensive internet search and, interestingly, my brother (independently, in another State) came up with the same answer. It seems there is no sensible alternative for family groups, and although this accommodation is about 1.5 km by road from the ranges, it is a matter of only a few minutes to get there.

Fortunately, Lifestyle proved as good as it appeared online. Several good supermarkets are nearby, as are take-away food stores and restaurants. Not that there’s much need to purchase meals, because the units (one and two bedroom) are equipped with full kitchens. They are spacious, air conditioned, and also have laundry facilities.

• Opinion of Price: about average